You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#445696 - 12/17/17 12:39 PM [User Showcase] On The Road
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Here's the first official song from the new studio. I finally got the time to write something new and actually have the time to record it.

I present a Twin Gremlin production recorded at Kill Branch studio......

On The Road

The band is totally BB.

Nashville 8 drums, Bass, 2 electric guitars, piano, steel, mandolin, 5 vocal tracks.

Hope you enjoy it....

BTW: good to be back again.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#445726 - 12/17/17 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
LOL, A new brick and mortar studio. Great song. It's good to have you back and like the new addition of the delay in your production tool box.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#445784 - 12/18/17 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Herb, Glad to see the studio is up and running. Now maybe you can sit back and enjoy the new place a bit more. Love the song. Sounds like Poco meets the Dirt Band. I have played this Country Rock style most of my life so it was such a comfortable listen I felt like I've played it before. Great vocals. The stops in the last verse were very effective. Overall super production and performance. Much enjoyed! Tom

#445812 - 12/18/17 07:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent country tune. Super vocal and lyric. Well done

#445863 - 12/18/17 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A good job on that, Herb. A good flow. As Tom mentioned, the stops were effective. The mandolin worked well.

#445915 - 12/18/17 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Nice groove and I agree with Floyd, I loved the mandolin.

Big sound and good rocking!

#445998 - 12/19/17 05:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Charlie: It's good to have the studio up and running, but better still to get the time to actually set down and write something new. Thanks for commenting.

Tommy: Poco and Nitty Gritty were some of my favorite country rock bands. I was think Bob Seeger a bit too in some of his more country sounding tunes. Thanks for listening.

Scott: Glad you dropped in and had a listen and enjoyed it. Thanks

#446116 - 12/19/17 02:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We like Tom's "poco meets the dirt band" description. Two bands we've listened to a lot.

A cool description for a cool production.

"That place we've been looking for might be just around the bend."

And if it ain't the fun is mostly in the journey.

Nice

J&B

#446139 - 12/19/17 03:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Herb,

Yeah, The Band lives again! One of my biggest loves is traveling, so this one hit home. And have to agree with the comments about the stops. Cool song! And this is, perhaps, your best vocal in quite some time. Congrats on the studio! I really enjoyed this ... A bunch!

Merry Christmas.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#446141 - 12/19/17 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Herb

A strong country rock song - excellent arrangement, and like floyd I liked the held chords near the end.
Nice catchy tune.

Peter

#446264 - 12/20/17 05:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Floyd.... thanks for dropping in and having a listen.

Gruverider....thanks for the listen. I always have enjoyed the big band sound.... not talking about Dorsey & Kruppa. They have their own special place in my heart.

Janice & Bud.... That was one thing I really enjoyed about being in a traveling band.... another day meant another town. And some of the places we got to stay were like being on vacation and playing music at night.... it just didn't get much better.

#446296 - 12/20/17 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Very groovy and melodic, really catchy chorus. Powerful arrangement, I can't recognize any BIAB instrument, hard to believe it's all BIAB, so you have made really good work in the mixing.

Janne

#446426 - 12/20/17 06:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
I liked the Poco meets Dirt Band comment

very nice write, really like the chord choices and melodies

good vocals

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#446432 - 12/20/17 06:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Enjoyed your song Herb and yes it feels a comfortable reminder of a great era.
"if we don't like it here we can move along". And we did.
Cheers.

#446478 - 12/21/17 02:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Very pleasant song, nice write, flawless production. As others have said, the mandolin is a nice touch. Nice job!

#446494 - 12/21/17 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this, Guitarhacker! It's an awesome write - just generally very catchy, and definitely an earworm. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio. Not to mention, the production here is seriously on point. You did a very, very good job.

Thanks so much for sharing smile

#446500 - 12/21/17 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Very nice throughout, Herb!

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#446573 - 12/21/17 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks to all who listened and commented...

Al-David
PeterF
Jannesan
Kenny
Rich
Jon Thomas
Deryk-PG Staff
Don

Thank each and every one of you for taking the time to listen and some very nice compliments in there too...

#446930 - 12/23/17 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Excellent country tune indeed, Herb.
Professional all the way!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#447017 - 12/24/17 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: On The Road [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Whyalla, South Australia
optimus Offline

Loc: Whyalla, South Australia
Herb, It's good to see you back. Have missed you over on the SONAR forum. Anyway, another fine song.

Cheers

PG Music News
Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

Forum Stats
32451 Members
68 Forums
65098 Topics
551541 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Richard W., Ukulele Joe, georgios, PALMA, newbestblog

32450 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 181
Jim Fogle 144