Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#446061 - 12/19/17 10:53 AM [User Showcase] NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri)
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

I love Christmas. Always have! I wrote my first Christmas song last year and just added a second. Sergio will probably be surprised to see his name since he's an unwitting collaborator. I heard an instrumental from him recently and stole the band and 3 or 4 chords so I decided he should be credited (if he wants!). This is just a simple silly poprock song. I'd love to hear what you think. Merry Christmas all! Take care. Greg

P.S. In the spirit of Kenny's recent 45, there is a link below to my last year's song, for those who haven't heard it or may wish to hear it again.

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/xmassongforyou2

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/on-christmas-day

CHRISTMAS SONG FOR YOU

Well tonite I think I saw you from afar
As you held his hand and slipped into his car
And I think I saw you smiling underneath the Christmas lights
As I was buried in the darkness of the night

As I sit at home now staring at the walls
You’re probably picking out his sweater at the mall
So I’ll sit down at my piano and indulge my Christmas blues
And write a little Christmas song for you

I fell so lonely in this storm
If you could only keep me warm
You’d make my Christmas miracle come true
Ain’t got much money and that’s ashame
But if you could love me just the same
I’d be the richest man alive if I had you

So I’ll say a prayer to God and Santa Claus
If they will lend attention to my cause
And do some Christmas magic, to make my dream come true
And let me sing my Christmas song to you

#446137 - 12/19/17 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Greg

A lovely "simple silly poprock song"....Beautifully performed arranged and written.
Great work & Merry Christmas.

Peter

#446170 - 12/19/17 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Greg,
Its a pleasure listening to you sing and this doesn`t sound silly at all!
Sergio has done some good melodies; I could hear him adding a nice solo to this.
Off to reprise your last year`s offering.

Robert

#446178 - 12/19/17 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
What a smooth vocal Greg.
Sorry it's such a sad Christmas though.
Beautifully done.
Thumbs up.
Cheers.

#446194 - 12/19/17 06:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Greg,

Simply loved it. Few of the folks out here have a splendid voice like yours ... certainly not me. You could sing the back of a frozen meatloaf dinner and make it sound like a gem. Loved the background tracks and the arrangement. Definitely a sad story but the song out a smile on my face.

Merry Christmas!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#446242 - 12/20/17 03:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Greg,

Loved it!

As others have said, you've got a wonderful singing voice, so smooth and full of expression.

Excellent chord progression, great choice of RTs and a perfect mix.

Another Christmas Classic in the making.

ROG.

#446256 - 12/20/17 04:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Greg, You have the perfect voice for this wonderful arrangement. Well written and recorded. I liked everything about it. Sounds great! Tom

#446280 - 12/20/17 06:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Lovely collaboration Greg. Nice shout out to Sergio. He had put out some pretty cool song. I am sure he would be very glad to have you put your voice to something he inspired

#446282 - 12/20/17 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Had a anther listen to the song from last year as well. What a pretty song and super vocal.

#446283 - 12/20/17 06:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Greg,

A super new Christmas song! So "fresh". And yet, so "familiar sounding"...

Terrific chord progression. Wonderful vocal.

The subtle horns are nice. Good mix.

Merry Christmas!

fj

#446285 - 12/20/17 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Greg,

Terrific chord progression. Wonderful vocal.

The subtle horns are nice. Good mix.

Merry Christmas!

fj

+1. Very nice. Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Bob

#446290 - 12/20/17 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey this sounds great.

As others have stated, awesome vocals!

Merry Christmas!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#446291 - 12/20/17 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Very beautiful Christmas song, fresh but still somehow traditional. Really touching lyrics, your voice is excellent as always and the interpretation is both brittle and strong.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#446429 - 12/20/17 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Super melody beautiful

just great vocals

nice guitar solo!

this is an awesome song

liked the long fade

(the B side is pretty darned cool too!)

Merry Christmas,

Kenny

#446479 - 12/21/17 02:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Greg,
I don't think your name is Greg. I think your name is Jeff Lynne. Your voice is so similar to Jeff's!! But actually, it's even better, it's even more expressive, it's deeper. You have probably my favourite voice in this forum. And the song is very, very pleasant in itself. Good, good job.

#446507 - 12/21/17 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

That pretty much sums it up for me. Love your vocal!

#446542 - 12/21/17 10:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Happy Birthday Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hi Greg
you made a superlative thing. One of the best song I have heard in the last time.
I did not expect you could choose a song of mine for inspiration and I am very glad and surprised.
This real track set is one of the best for me.

You have a great vocal: I have always been curious to hear how it was a music of mine with a sing part on it. I have been very impressed. I think you have changed my diminished chord with a major one that goes better for your song.

I hope for some next collaborations if you want. I will always be very glad to work with you. smile

Merry Christmas

Sergio

Sergio

#446555 - 12/21/17 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: PeterF]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Greg

A lovely "simple silly poprock song"....Beautifully performed arranged and written.
Great work & Merry Christmas.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Merry Christmas to you too!! Take care. Greg

#446557 - 12/21/17 11:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Robertkc]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Greg,
Its a pleasure listening to you sing and this doesn`t sound silly at all!
Sergio has done some good melodies; I could hear him adding a nice solo to this.
Off to reprise your last year`s offering.

Robert

Thanks Robert! You're right-Sergio does some pretty stuff. I'm glad he was happy about the collab. Merry Xmas!! Take care. Greg

#446810 - 12/22/17 10:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas song for you (collab with Sergio Guarneri) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Greg

A very nice and beautiful christmas song!
I also find Sergio's feel very much in this tune.
And it is very nostalgic.
Your singing is perfect for this song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34987 Members
66 Forums
71214 Topics
617522 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Piano Tone, Billscism, daveneal, a4ndrew3lls, jbrydon

34985 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 327