Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#451192 - 01/14/18 08:46 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: jazzmammal]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Hi Bob, I have two PCs both running Windows 10 with the last update to Win 10 1709 one PC a 32 bit laptop seems fine but I do less with it. The other a 64 bit PC I use setup the music files I use on the laptop. I did have issues with stuttering etc. it improved after reloading drivers. The other day Mario mentioned that Windows may restart the onboard audio driver which was supposedly turned off in my case. I checked and both the onboard and usb devices were turned on. This was not something I expected nor requested and to my knowledge the first time this has happened. Since shutting the extra device driver things in my case have been fine. I do put this down to updates. Updates not just for security but added software that allow me to do stuff I don't want in the first place.

Tony

Edited by Teunis (01/14/18 08:50 PM)

#451194 - 01/14/18 09:03 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

I wouldn’t be too hard. I understood his sound to be squirrelly and blurred.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#451233 - 01/15/18 05:10 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Online   content
Veteran

It's really odd, as sometimes I can use my M-Audio Keyrig in biab and other times it's dead. Wonder could the keyboard be on its' way out ? IT IS showing up in the biab set up dialog.
I have the same problem using the reason vst synth as well AND east west play

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#451234 - 01/15/18 05:21 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

The keyboard is at least 6 years old and has had a lot of use. I've re-installed the drivers, no change, so next step is to replace the usb cable. If that fails, time for a new one

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#451235 - 01/15/18 05:22 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Veteran

Graham, with such a nebulous problem, it is hard to help. Could we drop back a step and have you tell us EVERYTHING about your computer and setup? Hardware and software. Also summarize whatever problems you have recently experienced, as clearly as possible. Then perhaps something will stand out.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#451240 - 01/15/18 05:41 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: uk
duncanwhyte Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: uk
Johnny cash wrote a song about the guy who built a car by stealing parts from the plant over the course of his time working there. That's pretty much where we are in the era of home computers.

My intention now is to keep my stuff in the woodshed and not connect to the internet. simply make the best of what I have bought. I did use an android phone tethered to the pc when downloading some notation, and that avoided any windows upgrading quite nicely.

By the time the guarantee runs out on the new PC (2 years) I might have got to grips with biab 2017, propeller head and such and review where I am. But I wish I had kept some of my old kit because I could still be using it far more effectively. I will try to resist that all enticing download, as it often brings a whole lot more than you expect.

#451257 - 01/15/18 08:03 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: Matt Finley]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Graham, with such a nebulous problem, it is hard to help. Could we drop back a step and have you tell us EVERYTHING about your computer and setup? Hardware and software. Also summarize whatever problems you have recently experienced, as clearly as possible. Then perhaps something will stand out.

Will; get back tomorrow re this as I'm out tonight.

#451258 - 01/15/18 08:04 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: duncanwhyte]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: duncanwhyte
Johnny cash wrote a song about the guy who built a car by stealing parts from the plant over the course of his time working there. That's pretty much where we are in the era of home computers.

My intention now is to keep my stuff in the woodshed and not connect to the internet. simply make the best of what I have bought. I did use an android phone tethered to the pc when downloading some notation, and that avoided any windows upgrading quite nicely.

By the time the guarantee runs out on the new PC (2 years) I might have got to grips with biab 2017, propeller head and such and review where I am. But I wish I had kept some of my old kit because I could still be using it far more effectively. I will try to resist that all enticing download, as it often brings a whole lot more than you expect.

Aye Duncan, I LOVE reason. Some wonderful sounds even on the old one I have reason 3 !!

#451268 - 01/15/18 08:47 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

I reckon it must be the keyboard as it was working earlier. Went out for a while and not a peep from it again.

#451425 - 01/16/18 01:55 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Not the keyboard, plays perfectly with reason, so it looks like eaither band in a box or windows drivers ?

#451587 - 01/16/18 03:06 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Another thing I've noticed, on asio and mme there's a fair latency between hitting the note and the sound. Never had that till recently either

#451597 - 01/16/18 03:33 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Some more info, playback seems to be fine even on the east west play. Biggest issue just now is using the keyboard, which is a USB M-Audio Keyrig49. As I pointed out, the weird thing is that it'll play perfectly through reason 3.

#451610 - 01/16/18 04:09 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
What drivers is Reason using for the keyboard (MIDI)?

Did PGMusic products maybe revert to MIDI Mapper or something?
Can you make them match?

#451688 - 01/17/18 01:13 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD Drivers. Biab DOES revert back to midi mapper every time I restart the programme. I have to go into options each time. I tried uninstalling the latest windows update and stopping the downloads from computer management, but it downloaded itself again straight afterwards. Everything worked well after the uninstall so it IS a windows problem so how in the hell do I sort it ?

#451692 - 01/17/18 01:25 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Graham,

If BIAB is not remembering your settings, it sounds like you don't run it in Administrator Mode.

To set administrator mode, rightclick on the startup shortcut, select properties, then, under the COMPATIBILITY TAB, activate the "Run as as admin" option.

BIAB and RB need to be run as administrator. (This is completely different from you logging into Windows as the admin of your computer when you start it up.)

Noel

#451703 - 01/17/18 03:09 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Thanks Noel will try that tip

#451714 - 01/17/18 04:58 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Did all you suggested Noel and it didn't work. No keyboard sound at all in biab, every other programme works fine

#451725 - 01/17/18 06:31 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Graham, have you DLed the latest drivers from Behringer and installed them via their instructions. Be sure to delete the old drivers first. Note that some companies want the unit connected via USB while others do not.

Also has their been a firmware update to it?

I'm grabbing at straws here.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#451726 - 01/17/18 06:39 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Yep have the latest drivers and as far as I know the latest frmware. HAVE uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers. IT DOES seem to be a biab issue

#451751 - 01/17/18 08:55 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update [Re: furry]
Veteran

Your post said Windows was the problem. Now it’s BIAB. Graham, I’m not spending any more time on this unless we have a sound recording of the problem, lists or screenshots of your BIAB sound settings, and a complete description of your computer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28226 Members
59 Forums
54910 Topics
455492 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
sophie24, EveArnold, keshu, Boilerman, LottieChambers

28225 Registered Users