Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Sam,
Great news; I'll bet you're glad you sought that second opinion.

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks very much, Keith. I must admit I am feeling a lot happier about the situation. Though the thought of somebody sticking a knife in my back is better than having my throat cut, it still does worry me.

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
WienSam #4509 04/12/08 06:29 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
This is late coming but I saw this today, the title thing. I thought "The Beginning" might be a good title. Start has implications of stop and maybe restart. The Beginning is strong with the definit artical, and suggest completion at the end.

I could provide a number of ideas as to why "The Beginning" seems better to me than "It's a start" but I will just leave the suggestion with you, it is after all your song.

PM
PapaMikie #4510 04/13/08 06:33 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That makes sense, Mike. It might even make me more interested in getting on with it. Frankly, it is already ready but it just doesn't 'do it' for me as yet. Your input could make a difference. My g/f loves it but I just get sick at the thought of the track. It just wasn't my way of writing a song. It is a good song nonetheless though.

I still haven't recorded the vocals (John has though)

Anybody want it?

Thanks

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4511 04/17/08 10:02 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I awoke from a nightmare earlier tonight...

This regards Mac and Gary's feud:

This whole situation has just given me the most HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE NIGHTMARE. I woke up not 5 minutes ago crying and screaming - in my nightmare I very nearly murdered my darling younger brother (he's 3 and a bit years younger than me and will be 45 this year) in a hot-blooded fury over petty jealousy and frustration (a crocodile-skin mobile phone for Goodness sake??). The only thing that prevented it was that I woke up before it happened

I can only put it down to this feud between you, Mac and Gary. That and the coincidence that it was my little sister's birthday today (little? She was 47 today) and I have just finished reading a book about my maternal ancestor who was one of Queen Victoria's favourite generals. I love my brother very, very much and I am extremely proud of him. I couldn't be more so. He's a real Hero to my mind. He is a major success - big house in the country, servants, Range Rover plus sports car, wife, kids, foreign holidays in exotic locations I will most likely never see, in the public eye, money, success, looks to die for, fame, fortune, popularity and so on... He has absolutely everything I have always wanted (and he never has particularly) whereas I, on the other hand, have none of it. I'm a penniless, struggling, unrecognised, sick and frustrated Artist, with a highly qualified business education (over 19 qualifications in total), living in self-imposed exile in a filthy garret far from home with a rescue dog for company, financially supported to a very limited extent by my miserly, multi-millionnaire father (to that extent, I'm a 'remittance man', if you will, but I have done nothing wrong). Even my mother (my parents are divorced and my father left her destitute and for no fault of her own - as he has many others since) has remarked that most siblings would hate each other for this kind of disparity in situation. Nonetheless and despite this, he's still my little brother and I love him very, very much

Please, please, please guys. You are like brothers to me, too. Stop this feud! I don't want or need any more nightmares of this ilk. I don't care who's 'fault' it is. It's nobody's fault but over-reaction in the playground. Please do what I did for the benefit of all here, if not yourselves - wake up before it's too late!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4512 04/17/08 10:05 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ultimately, as an exile, this reminded me of my favourite hymn - 'Jerusalem', by William Blake

"And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green
And was the holy lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen

And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark Satanic mills

Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire
Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold
Bring me my chariot of fire

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
'Til we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land
'Til we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land
"

This meant so much to me in my childhood. I would sing this like a battle cry.

Today, it is forbidden in certain ecclesiastical churches.

I despair of my country and, hence, I am now a self-imposed exile. Will there ever be Peace and Understanding on this Earth? Somehow, I doubt it.

I now wonder what to do with my body when I die. Burial or cremation? Here, in a God forsaken country that doesn't even recognise its own dead? To return to a country that I can no longer recognise? Maybe the solution would be to be blasted into space...?

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4513 04/17/08 10:13 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My location on this forum is stated as 'A corner of Vienna, Austria, that is forever England'. This comes from Rupert Brooke (1887-1915), a 38 year old English poet who was killed in WWI:

"The Soldier (War Sonnets No. 5)

If I should die, think only this of me: That there's some corner of a foreign field that is for ever England. There shall be in that rich earth a richer dust concealed; a dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware, gave once her flowers to love, her ways to roam, a body of England's, breathing English air, washed by the rivers, blessed by the suns of home. And think, this heart, all evil shed away, a pulse in the eternal mind, no less gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given; her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day; and laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness, in hearts a peace, under an English heaven.
"

I am, indeed, British by birth but English by the Grace of God

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4514 07/07/08 11:09 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thank you to those who prayed for me and thought of me during my operation earlier this week (Russ, G, Mike and others). I am glad to be able to report that I pulled through and all is well. I am now recovering slowly at my Mother's and the stitches will be removed from my back on Friday morning. The wound is about 5.5 inches long. The operation occurred on Tuesday afternoon at approximately 2.30pm and took about 2.5 hours (four operations in one as it turns out). The recovery process is a little slow and I have some numbness in my right hand and some shooting pains from time to time through my neck, right shoulder and right arm but it looks promising.

I do not have email or internet access at my Mother's so this is being written from a hotel a few miles from home. Thank you all

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4515 07/07/08 11:22 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good news, Sam. Best wishes for a continued recovery.

- matt

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #4516 07/07/08 11:26 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well.

Best wishes

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #4517 07/07/08 12:07 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good news . . . Just FYI I too had a similar back operation 30 years or so ago . . . never looked back. My little 98-pound wife had the same surgery 8 weeks ago. Within 2-3 weeks she was driving (and writing checks again, boo!) and now has made a full recovery. By that I mean doing yard work in her shrubs and flower gardens around the home site and oh yes, back playing golf.

You will be fine, but remember recovery is 75% attitude. And as soon as you can ditch the pain pills do so.

Later,

Danny C. #4518 07/07/08 12:22 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Great news Sam. Get well soon man.

Mike sings #4519 07/07/08 01:04 PM
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Yes, Great news. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

MarioD #4520 07/07/08 02:36 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Take it easy Sam, and get strong again.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Skyline #4521 07/07/08 02:56 PM
Off-Topic
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Glad to hear all is going well. Get better soon.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
WienSam #4522 07/07/08 03:54 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Good going Sam. Have a speedy and pleasant recovery!

lkmuller #4523 07/08/08 02:53 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
hope you have a swift and full recovery, Sam.

Regards,

Marc

mglinert #4524 07/08/08 03:20 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad it went well Sam.

furry #4525 07/11/08 05:53 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks guys. I had the staples removed from my back this morning and replaced with a tiny sliver plaster over the join just for safety for the next few days. I have been recovering very rapidly and the pain is all but gone now. I took my last pain killer this morning and have just booked my flight back to Vienna for next Friday. I must admit that I have been very surprised as to how easy it has all been in the end.

Soon, I'll be back at work on my music

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

WienSam #4526 07/11/08 08:40 AM
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
That's good, Sam.

Keep Looking Up!

Don S.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,729
Posts736,677
Members38,558
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo, Rogee, John Dharmawan
38,558 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197
rsdean 112
DC Ron 110
Noel96 92
dcuny 89
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.