Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#455688 - 02/04/18 09:49 PM [User Showcase] Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone

How about a little psychedelic Guitar Rock? Silly title but I like it! Something a little different from me. I'm playing nothing - it's all BIAB real tracks, loops and effects. All the guitar effects are from BIAB plug-ins. No outside effects were imported. I started this last summer (2017) and finished it while Di was getting an MRI this past Friday (Feb 2, 2018) - finished it in the Dr's waiting room on my laptop. I put it into Audacity a couple of hours ago and here it is. And Brent Mason really came through for me! I'll have to pay him more next time.

I trimmed the highs on the drums and loops as much as I could without losing their dynamics. The ending could use a little more work.

It's loud - real loud!

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Beyond the Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone
File:Into The No Parking Zone.seg.SGU
Key=Cm Transpose to C#m, Tempo 140, Length (m:s)=3:03
4 bar intro, 100 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 104. Repeat x1 chorus

Style is _TRICAMP.STY (Tricky Spy Funk w Amplitube Bass)

BassCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
DrumsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
MelodyCustom Synth is Psych 1.tgs
SoloistCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded

RealTracks in song: 1692:Bass, Electric, CountryDrivin8thsTriads Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 1770:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovinChords Ev16 130
RealTracks in style: 1771:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovinMuted Ev16 130
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\House - bliss_128_percussion_e_minor ev16.wav
RealTracks in song: 1720:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
Loop in Song: PercussionFX\Titanium web - hard.wav
RealDrums in Song: FunkRock^01-a:Closed Hat, b:Open Hat

I can't remember which Loops I used for the intro and outro. I closed the file before saving it - DUH! But both are BIAB loops. When I go back and find them, will post them.

Edited by Al-David (02/04/18 09:52 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#455699 - 02/05/18 02:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Ian Ferrin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Really excellent sound. Excellent groove.

It sounds like a superb backing track. It doesn't really have a melody you can latch on to but it's got a great feel and vibe anyway. I really enjoyed this.

Peace,

Ian

#455716 - 02/05/18 05:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Great Al.

Love this style.

I am going to use this one.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#455734 - 02/05/18 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this is unreal! It reminds me of certain psychedelic rock groups from the late 60's and early 70's. I love the rhythm here too. It fits perfectly with the swarm of distorted guitars. It has a ton of power behind, and the groove is fantastic. It isn't too often you hear something this different sounding created in Band-in-a-Box.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

#455750 - 02/05/18 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Super cool, Alan!

I think I heard Carlos playing in there somewhere.

Excellent listening. Super mix. (Drums sound good - bass, too)

(I like your title).

fj

#455767 - 02/05/18 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Ian Ferrin]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ian Ferrin

It sounds like a superb backing track. It doesn't really have a melody you can latch on to but it's got a great feel and vibe anyway. I really enjoyed this.

Peace,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for those very kind words. And yeah - the melody is pretty much "loose". But, the chord pattern is consistent throughout. I know that "mellow" is a very unlikely description for this, but that's the feeling I got as I listened after I recorded it - "aggressive mellowness", maybe?! Thanks again.

Alan

#455768 - 02/05/18 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Ian Ferrin]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ian Ferrin

Peace,

Ian

David,

Glad you liked this "freaky" bit of music creation. I started it on a whim - no particular reason. And yep - go ahead and "use it". Thanks again!

Alan

#455770 - 02/05/18 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - this is unreal! It reminds me of certain psychedelic rock groups from the late 60's and early 70's. I love the rhythm here too. It fits perfectly with the swarm of distorted guitars. It has a ton of power behind, and the groove is fantastic. It isn't too often you hear something this different sounding created in Band-in-a-Box.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk,

Thanks so much! I'm more than delighted you liked this. I don't think I've heard a similar BIAB song, either. Mixing this was a real challenge as it's a bit busy. But i guess it came out okay for the most part.

Thanks again.

Alan

#455772 - 02/05/18 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Super cool, Alan!

I think I heard Carlos playing in there somewhere.

Excellent listening. Super mix. (Drums sound good - bass, too)

(I like your title).

fj

Hi Floyd,

I was curious what your thoughts would be. I'm thrilled with your review! I really worked hard on the mix with this one. As I mentioned to Deryk, it's a little busy and it was no easy task keeping everything in, more or less, in it's place. i do wish I'd accented the drum fills a little more than I did.

It was a real trick to get the congas placed in the mix as just a small bit of adjustment either way (louder or softer) and they either nearly disappeared or almost took over.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Alan

#455779 - 02/05/18 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

YESS!
What a great production. Really cool. Pro use of BiaB-tracks. And your work on making Brent Mason sound like… well, Santana… or maybe BRENT MASON ;-)
What a ride!!!

Edited by molsenhouse (02/05/18 10:06 AM)

#455792 - 02/05/18 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA

Hell yeah, exposed...the trippy side of Al!

I kept waiting for that SoundCloud photo to start moving.

Nice piece of work here indeed. I lived through (survived?) that era but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to put this together...even having seen many of the classic psychedelic groups live and listened to a fair amount of the music.

This oughta be a good one for the music libraries.

Cool man!!

J&B
J&B Website

#455793 - 02/05/18 11:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
This is very interesting piece, very unique and original sounding atmosphere. Good be a nice one for a chase scene in a movie, even the guitar sounds bit like a fast driving car smile Great mix and arrangement.

Janne

#455825 - 02/05/18 01:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
FLASHBACK to those great jamming days of the late 60s. I loved the music from that era and this captures it perfectly!

Carlos and his boys are having a smoking good time! (take that any way you want)

Excellent demo of what BiaB can do.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455852 - 02/05/18 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Al,
Frenetic in a totally relaxing kind of way - you have channelled jams from some great guitarists there. Nice mix, the percussion really keeps this flying.
I like half the title!

Robert

#455868 - 02/05/18 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Alan, you inspire me a lot! You are the type musician I could hang out with! This had me thinking Sugarloaf! Very hypnotic and mesmerizing piece! Thanks for keeping the music flowing Alan! Torrey

#455916 - 02/06/18 01:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Alan

Loved it - really interesting and a great feel.I'm with David going try this style out.

Peter

#455950 - 02/06/18 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: molsenhouse]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
YESS!
What a great production. Really cool. Pro use of BiaB-tracks. And your work on making Brent Mason sound like… well, Santana… or maybe BRENT MASON ;-)
What a ride!!!

Thanks so much for the listen and nice words. And yeah - Brent came through pretty good for me. He put a lot of action into this.

Thanks again for the visit and very kind words!

Alan

#455953 - 02/06/18 05:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Janice & Bud]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Hell yeah, exposed...the trippy side of Al!

I kept waiting for that SoundCloud photo to start moving.

Nice piece of work here indeed. I lived through (survived?) that era but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to put this together...even having seen many of the classic psychedelic groups live and listened to a fair amount of the music.

This oughta be a good one for the music libraries.

Cool man!!

J&B

Always great to hear from you two!Just call me "Trippy"! Ha!!!! laugh

And yeah, there was a lot of this music to be heard back in the late 60s into the mid 70s. I date this one about 1968. Some of Santana's album cuts were somewhat similar to this.

BIAB 2018 really helped me develop this from its BIAB 2017 genesis. This is probably the hardest I ever worked at mixing a song. But I think it ended up pretty good. I still need to smooth the transition from the song to the outro loop at the end of the piece.

Thanks for the great comments. Sure do appreciate them.

Alan

#456004 - 02/06/18 10:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Alan,

You've just shown us all how very impressive BIAB can be in the hands of a very competent musical masseur.

This was a fantastic listen! The sound was great, the mix was excellent and the production sizzled.

It's definitely two very impressed thumbs up from me.

All the best,
Noel

#456025 - 02/06/18 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beyond The Ozone - Into The No Parking Zone [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

groovy man.

nice blues jam

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)

Monday, February 18th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.

Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.

There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.

Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!

The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

With over 2,700 RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, you may find this "Selecting the Best RealTracks for your Song" video helpful! In this video we go over the "select best RealTracks" dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch.

For more information on this feature, visit the Chapter 6 | Using RealTracks in Songs

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview

Get to know the Band-in-a-Box® Soloist feature with our latest video: Watch now...

Read more about this feature within our Online manual: Chapter 6 | Adding Solo - "The Soloist"

Video - The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Extended Version!

This video is the EXTENDED VERSION of our previous video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Click here to watch.

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Forum Stats
28970 Members
60 Forums
56923 Topics
475574 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
joedenly, Dave1952, Zabbadav, Pine, ela142-1928

28970 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 196
VideoTrack 182