You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#456187 - 02/07/18 07:02 AM [RealBand] audio recording not lin sync wtih song
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

Every time I try to record audio it is out of sync with the song I created originally in BIAB. There are only two real tracks in the song, no midi. The vocal track on playback is always behind. Please help. tech support is not open for a couple of hours.

Figured it out. I originally saved track as a punch in. Do not know why that is an option yet but that is what messed up my timing. Explanation wanted please. I need to better understand what I am doing.
Thanks Rich

Edited by Rich59 (02/07/18 08:07 AM)
16 Gigs Ram
Tascam 2x2 audio interface. Podxt

#456328 - 02/07/18 03:44 PM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
The punch in feature is designed to record in sections or phrases of a larger recording piece. A punch in/punch out is many times use to re-record a section of a larger recorder where a mistake has been made or a performance is sub par so as to not have to redo the complete recording again. Over time, you will find it to be a very useful tool.

Some people record a track in phrases rather than attempt to record a complete recording from start to finish.

#456336 - 02/07/18 04:31 PM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I'm curious. How do you save track as punch-in?

I've used RB for many years don't recall seeing that option.

#456342 - 02/07/18 05:13 PM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

As familiar as I am with sub par performanxce, let me add that if I need to do that I just record the "patch" to another track and paste it over the clam.

#456437 - 02/08/18 08:56 AM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: rharv]
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

A dialog box comes up after I finish recording in RB 2018 asking if I want to save the take as a punch in.

Edited by Rich59 (02/08/18 08:57 AM)
16 Gigs Ram

#456465 - 02/08/18 10:19 AM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Sounds like you have "punch-in" turned on. When you record and punch-in is turned on, it is basically asking whether you want to save the entire take, or only in the defined punch-in region. That doesn't affect whether the timing is off (as that is usually a soundcard/computer configuration issue), but the feature is there to ensure you don't lose a whole take because you left punch-in enabled.

LaptopBeast HP Win7Pro64, 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64, 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64, 8GB

UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/BB-RB2019/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
http://www.sus4chord.com

#456518 - 02/08/18 04:04 PM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
rharv Offline
Veteran

The subject and the post content are difficult to tie together.
They appear like 2 different issues.

The Punch In setting is right beside the record button in the newer version. Uncheck any boxes for punch in, unless you intended to do that.

If the subject is accurate and the new audio is out of sync; is it consistently off or does it waver?

How are you listening to the existing tracks while you are recording the new audio tracks?

#456579 - 02/09/18 03:29 AM [RealBand] Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song [Re: Rich59]
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

I stated in an edit on my original post that I solved the sync issue. That is no longer a problem. I guess I should have put that information as a reply instead.
16 Gigs Ram

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 614 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 614 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes for build 614:
Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset [0] was not working properly.
Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.

DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason® - Watch now...

Forum Stats
28766 Members
60 Forums
56374 Topics
469952 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
FRANK WYBOUW, bjazzy, yanorz, Prodigital, Marc Baum

28765 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 331
RobH 309