Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Prior to purchasing BiaB update to 2017 version for Mac, I had listened through some of the demo Real Tracks sets on the PG web site to see what was being offered. I specifically enjoyed a Real Track in Set 263 (Songwriter's Guitar and Cello Toolkit), which was "Guitar, Electric, BackgroundDreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev085", done by Brent Mason. I listened to the associated demo for 'band' and really liked it, hoping to use it as a basis for a song in the chord generating section after I purchased the update.

Upon purchasing the 2017 update, I found the specific Real Track sample in the finder (as listed above) under 'electric guitar', but upon attempting to generate the demo into the chord section, a different song was generated, totally unlike the song that had been demo'ed in the Real Track section on the PG web page from which I'd previously listened.

Am I doing something wrong in my attempt to generate the specific demo that I'd heard or am I unable to generate the correct demo in this way?

Veteran
Veteran
Look closely at the two different ways to audition a style within the Style Picker. You should be able to spot them both if you pay attention to the pop-up help text. For it sounds like you may have mistakenly triggered the pre-rendered audio demo audition instead of the alternative option to load the style onto your own chords and audition that.

ooh, is that cake?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Actually, I did want to hear and audition the pre-made demo that I had originally found, but in specifying the Brent Mason guitar segment to listen to, a different band demo song was generated into the chord window.
I'm confused.

Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like I read your intentions a bit backwards there smirk
As to why your actions didn't give you what you expected/wanted, I cannot say. Please describe your process step by step, so that we are on the same page proper.

ooh, is that cake?!
Veteran
Veteran
EDIT: Ok, I think I've cracked this - That particular instrument belongs to more than one Style!! smile
You must have been auditioning the wrong Style and therefore not hearing the same thing as you expected.

ooh, is that cake?!
Veteran
Veteran
Here's something you can also try...

1. Enter into Realtrack Picker

2. Select the appropriate Realtrack (#2650 in this case and shown as #1 on the image below) - it might be easier to find if you use the filter at the bottom of the window.

3. Click on either the 'Song Demo' button or the 'Style Demo' button. This will show all the styles and song files that contain this particular Realtrack.

4. When the appropriate demo window opens (2a or 2b on the image), select one of the listed items.

5. Press the play button (#3) to hear the demo.

When you click on the song demo, the chords for the MGU file will probably load into BIAB (I'm not sure about this). If they don't, make a note of the song file or style file, exit RT Picker and load the file into BIAB.

Although I have the Windows version of BIAB, I anticipate that this should also be available in the Mac version since Realtracks and Realdrums are the same in both.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
demo listening in realtrack picker.JPG (73.24 KB, 91 downloads)
Last edited by Noel96; 02/21/18 09:04 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Your ideas are probably solid enough, but none of your intended images showed up so it's hard to say.

Thanks for letting me know, Eddie. I was a bit tired when I replied yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Your ideas are probably solid enough, but none of your intended images showed up so it's hard to say.

Thanks for letting me know, Eddie. I was a bit tired when I replied yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ah, and here I have already deleted my post that you're quoting. Oh well, at least this looks the way you intended now and that's the main thing smile

Mind you, your interface is significantly different on your PC front, plus your list of styles there has at least one more style than comes up on our end, so this just may confuse things more than clear them smirk
We'll have to see what the OP makes of all this...

ooh, is that cake?!
Veteran
Veteran
My version of BIAB is 2018 so that might partly explain the difference since this version has not yet been released in Mac format. It's more than possible that the RT has been used in styles that were released in ver. 2018.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
That's what I'm figuring too, yup. And the interface difference in this case is just aesthetic as far as I can tell, so...well, hopefully the OP will chime in on whether we've actually been helpful here or not grin

ooh, is that cake?!
R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hey guys,
Thanks for your input. I had surgery last week and am currently getting my "sea legs" back.

I'll hopefully check out your suggestions. Hopefully, since I have the Mac version, the same rules will apply

I'll be in touch.

R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hi Noel,
Had a chance to try your suggestions regarding hearing the demo song from the Brent Mason RT (2650). Initially, I was unable to view your .jpeg attachment, but it did open up over time.
I followed your instructions and still no success. A different song was generated to the main song generator window.
I did note that, in the RealTrack picker window, on the left side below the different instruments to assign, after selecting the 2650 RT, I pressed the "band" button and the appropriate song that I'd previously heard played. Upon selecting the "solo" button on the left side, Brent's solo of the preferred song was played. No chords were generated to the main chord window, however. On selecting the "Song Demo" and "Style Demo" buttons as you recommended, a song was generated, but not the one that I had initially desired.
Getting a bit frustrated. Can I get the preferred song in this manner?

Veteran
Veteran
It wasn't clear to me from your first post but it sounds like you are trying to obtain the melody that Brent plays when you "Solo" the demo for the Realtrack. Is this correct? If so, please continue reading...

...it is not possible to recreate the melody because Brent's solo is generated from RT2650 by the random selection of audio segments for chord-mapped regions of the audio. BIAB does not offer any user control over what sections of audio are chosen during the generation process.

If you are after the chords used in the backing, the best I can suggest is to search your \bb folder for files that contains 2650. When I did that, I found the following two audio files for 'Solo' and 'Band' (wma format because I run Windows BIAB).

Once you've located the band audio file, it would be possible to load it into Audio Chord Wizard and use the ACW to analyse the chord structure.

AUDIO FILES
Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085 #2650 band.wma

Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085 #2650 solo.wma

The above audio files seem to be derived from the below Demo SGU file but I'm not 100% sure of that.

_DRMYPOP Demo - Country Pop with Dreamy Fills.SGU

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I suggest the poster record the original band he's hearing, run that through the ACW for key, tempo and chords.

Use that output to create his song with the same style, key, tempo and chords at whatever length desired.

Record the Brent Mason Solo.

Use the recorded solo for the soloist section of his song.

This will closely replicate the song he's hearing and provide the exact same solo. This can be done in BIAB or RB. Easier in RB.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
And I still say he should try the simplest thing first, namely look into the Data folder within the Realtracks folder and search there for the _drmypop.m4a and _austin.m4a audio demos.

I bet you anything that one of those two are precisely the thing he's been looking for all along cool

ooh, is that cake?!
R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your input. How do I record the original demo that I'm hearing from BiaB and how do I re-insert into BiaB to determine how to proceed? I did fid the Brent solo from the original song and have it on my desktop as a .m4a file. How do I reinsert that into the track section from an external location (desktop) into BiaB?

R
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hi Icelander,
Thanks for your recommendations on obtaining the specific song for which I was wishing make modifications. I did what you had recommended in obtaining the .m4a audio demo files (_drmypop.m4a and _austin.m4a). When played on my desktop, they were not the song that I was looking for. Perhaps there is no specific way to obtain this, at least on the BiaB Mac version.
I'll keep trying.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Rockdoc326
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your input. How do I record the original demo that I'm hearing from BiaB and how do I re-insert into BiaB to determine how to proceed? I did find the Brent solo from the original song and have it on my desktop as a .m4a file. How do I reinsert that into the track section from an external location (desktop) into BiaB?

I have windows 7 OS and it comes with Realtek Sound card. RealTek has the input option of 'Stereo Mix' Stereo mix allows me to record any sound emitted by the computer using the Audio Software Program Audacity. I open Audacity and start recording, select the audio source I want to record and after the recording is complete, I trim the beginning and end. I also Normalize the recording to -3db in Audacity before exporting the song as a WAV file.

I open BIAB and select the ACW button. I am prompted by the program to select an audio file so I select the audio I recorded through the Stereo Mix.

Processing this audio through the ACW will import the chords, tempo and set the correct key in your BIAB session.

Once you have the chord chart, tempo and correct key, you can kill the audio file and generate a new song from the Style the demo was recorded with. You should also be able to generate a new solo in the bars you want to have solo's or fills.

If the solo you are hearing is playing over a number of bars from the demo, you can capture that audio and insert the audio (Audio\import Audio) at the measure you want the solo to start (You will be prompted and can designate the measure and beat to insert the audio ) and it will play correctly for the number of bars you've recorded as long as you have the chord sheet charted to match the chords played.

It is harder to explain and write out than it is to do. Don't be intimidated by the explanation.

If your OS can not record what the computer is playing, you can also hold a small digital recorder in front of speakers to capture the audio. It will not matter that the quality is not very good as long as the quality is good enough for the ACW to accurately decode and analyze it because you will discard the audio and generate your tracks from the Style. You only need the audio for the ACW to analyze the audio.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/05/18 10:24 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I have windows 7 OS and it comes with Realtek Sound card. RealTek has the input option of 'Stereo Mix' Stereo mix allows me to record any sound emitted by the computer...
Soundflower for the Mac will let you do the same.

ooh, is that cake?!
Veteran
Veteran
I must admit it's been hard o figure out from the written text alone just which particular demo you were after or if you were yet able to obtain a 'physical' file of that demo you liked, so I'll cover both:

The "Solo" demo as heard on the website is HERE

And the "Band" demo as heard on the website is HERE

So now you shouldn't need to jump through any more hoops to actually have an audio file to work with, load into ACW or what have you cool

p.s. I know chances are you got these yourself already but oh well, rather too much than too little, eh.

ooh, is that cake?!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,344
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213