Loc: Ontario, Canada
Something a little different from Christiane and me, sort of a 70s soul vibe:

The Blue Line

The band:

Drums: Soul70sEv16^1-a:ClsdHHtSn, b:BusyBss, also see (*) below
Bass: 1433:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
Organ: 2619:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100

I'm playing the guitar parts

(*) For the third chorus I needed something different for the drums, so I used EZDrummer2 to build that 8 bar segment

Mixed with reaper using plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with Ozone 8 and LMC

EDIT: Uploaded a new mix, and also uploaded to soundcloud.

The Blue Line (2018, Christiane Spruit)

New day dawn
in the limelight
Sun will drag the gloom behind the blue line

Buildings high
at the skyline
waiting for the people to get online

Chorus:
I guess it's just a feeling in the city
People come and go and passing by
I have pondered for a while, but found no answer
Don't or do I feel alive?

Busy Bees
they get the honey
Wear a decent dress to get the money

Camera eyes, mesmerize
a company that offers you free wi-fi

Chorus

Buildings high
scrape the skyline
Sun will drag the gloom behind the blue line

A neon sign
advertise
Selling you a dream in supersize

Chorus

Outro vamp: Don't or do I feel alive

All comments welcome!

Edited by BlueAttitude (04/10/18 06:49 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#466233 - 04/09/18 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave and Christiane,

I'm doing my best to type in real-time while the song is playing....

What a great opening!

Now Chris is singing and I'm stunned by how outstanding this production is! Chris's vocals sound so-o-o-o good! Wow!!!! Her singing style and this genre go together like coffee and cream.

Now it's Dave's turn. As I type, he's on lead guitar and the only thought that's in my mind is "This guitar sound, this performance, they're the stuff of skilled professionals!"

You've both done everything right with this one! To my ears it's top shelf all the way; music, performance, production and mix.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I just read your mention of reverb. I'll leave that to others with more experience than I have. In all honesty, I was so captivated by what I was hearing that I stopped having any critical thoughts about beat 2, bar 1.

#466236 - 04/09/18 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I have to agree with Noel. This song starts great and just continues to improve.

You really have delivered extraordinary quality throughout.

However, that guitar line could not have possibly been delivered better. What a team!
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#466278 - 04/09/18 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a cool song. Loved the way you panned the instruments in the mix. Loved how it jumped from speaker to speak. Such a cool vocal too. Your guitar was just excellent. Love the sound of your strat. Wah was pretty cool too..

#466296 - 04/09/18 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This song has such a great groove to it! grin And the vocals suit the feeling of this song so perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

#466343 - 04/09/18 01:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,

I know Noel already said it, but it bears repeating...

What a great opening!!

Drums sound great! I love a "leathery" snare and this one POPS!

Chris' vocals and harmonies are outstanding.

Delicious guitar! Sweet!

A nice change up at the end to make it even MORE listenable...

Excellent all around. Great listen.

fj

#466366 - 04/09/18 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

Amazing work - everything comes together - excellent vocal and lovely harmonies, clever production (nice drums) and some blistering and tasteful guitar playing.
Great song.

Peter

#466370 - 04/09/18 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Noel and Floyd said it best!

Great intro followed by an outstanding groove!

Those guitar chops are top shelf for sure!

Super vocals also.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#466380 - 04/09/18 06:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

The opening is killer and sets up a great grooving dose of the blues. Superb vocal and harmony along with some masterful playing make this production a real treat for us blues lovers. Well done both of you. This is the real deal, Tom

#466385 - 04/09/18 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,
Loved this! The feeling is more "up" than some of your work and the vocal treatment (with those two harmonies coming in and out) works well.
There`s energy in all the tracks and the guitars are stellar.
Very, very good.

Robert

#466391 - 04/09/18 07:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
What a great track. Very smooth and yet powerful.Top marks for the production.
I want to hear more of this. Excellent stuff.Rob

#466439 - 04/10/18 04:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: Noel96]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Dave and Christiane,

I'm doing my best to type in real-time while the song is playing....

What a great opening!

Now Chris is singing and I'm stunned by how outstanding this production is! Chris's vocals sound so-o-o-o good! Wow!!!! Her singing style and this genre go together like coffee and cream.

Now it's Dave's turn. As I type, he's on lead guitar and the only thought that's in my mind is "This guitar sound, this performance, they're the stuff of skilled professionals!"

You've both done everything right with this one! To my ears it's top shelf all the way; music, performance, production and mix.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I just read your mention of reverb. I'll leave that to others with more experience than I have. In all honesty, I was so captivated by what I was hearing that I stopped having any critical thoughts about beat 2, bar 1.

Thanks for your very kind words, Noel! Always appreciated smile

I decided to leave the reverb the way it was, may be a bit too much but I like the way it sounds.

Blue Attitude Website

#466467 - 04/10/18 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune smile As others have pointed out, this is spectacular. It starts off great, and just keeps getting better. Both your vocals, the tune, and the groove are on point. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio.

I wouldn't change a thing here - thanks for sharing!

#466560 - 04/10/18 02:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Dave/Christiane, this is fantastic!! Everything about it sounds great! Everything you produce ALWAYS has top level vocals and guitar work! You should try to submit this for a film soundtrack! I can totally hear/see this picked up for something like that! Good luck with it! Thabks, Torrey

#466666 - 04/11/18 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: VideoTrack]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I have to agree with Noel. This song starts great and just continues to improve.

You really have delivered extraordinary quality throughout.

However, that guitar line could not have possibly been delivered better. What a team!

Thanks very much, we really appreciate that! laugh

Blue Attitude Website

#466667 - 04/11/18 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: Scott C]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool song. Loved the way you panned the instruments in the mix. Loved how it jumped from speaker to speak. Such a cool vocal too. Your guitar was just excellent. Love the sound of your strat. Wah was pretty cool too..

Thanks, Scott!

During the chorus I doubled the wha guitar part with a straight guitar and panned them. BTW the wha pedal is a Dunlop Cry Baby pedal that I've had forever, must be 30 years old at least. It's the only pedal I own actually.

Blue Attitude Website

#466669 - 04/11/18 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Dave & Chris,

Of all of your songs, this is a new favorite for me. I really love what you have done here. The song is excellent and the arrangement, tracks, guitar and vocal are standouts.

Much enjoyed!

Bob

#466679 - 04/11/18 06:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Strong stuff you two!

- Clever write and delivered with an outstanding performance. Great lead and harmony all through with the killer outro to ice the cake.

- Guitars that bring a lot to the arrangement but never too much. Exactly the right touch for us and, man, played so well.

- All the backing tracks and the comped drum track were hitiin’ the note.

Lastly, but not least, the mix is perfecto.

Kudos!!!

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#466828 - 04/11/18 11:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Dave and Chris !

I gladly join in
with the orthers
pointing out the
professionalsim with
producing this tune,
the tune, playing, singing
and mix !

Really a very good
production !

Cheers
Dani

#466853 - 04/12/18 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Blue Line [Re: Ember - PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This song has such a great groove to it! grin And the vocals suit the feeling of this song so perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Ember smile

Christiane just did a video for this song, I'm unable to edit my original post so I'll add the link here:

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29889 Members
61 Forums
59232 Topics
499980 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
AxelS, maxnordio, Jetwoman, Bobby Watson, Broil

29889 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Janice & Bud 134