You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#11421 - 01/20/09 12:34 AM [RealBand Wishlist] RealBand for Mac???
Loc: USA
Pianomann Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
When does PGmusic plan to have RealBand for the Mac?

#342423 - 03/29/16 07:44 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

+1

#342520 - 03/30/16 10:26 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1.

Been requested before and will likely be requested again. There are functions only RealBand can perform and Mac users would enjoy partial track regeneration, multi-riff and working on a project linear.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#342730 - 03/31/16 07:07 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Jim Fogle]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

all the hard work is done creating bbmac so they just need the daw that uses bbmac to generate the tracks.
I just went back in time with the page numbers and there are lots of good, long forgotten requests that maybe just need another look at.

#350423 - 05/17/16 10:31 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Vancouver, BC
zedd Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
There are functions only RealBand can perform and Mac users would enjoy partial track regeneration, multi-riff and working on a project linear.

+1

FWIW, I am so happy and comfortable with my own DAW (Digital Performer) that I wouldn't even need to consider RealBand if it weren't for the fact that you can do partial track regeneration and other things in RealBand that can help to COMP the song before exporting it to my DAW for final treatments with favorite plugins and VIs.

If RealBand for Mac is too much additional development work, then it would be great if those partial track regeneration abilities of RealBand which could be built into the main BIAB program asap.

If not, I would be happy to learn how to use RealBand and include it in my BIAB workflow if a Mac version were available.

Can we please get an indication from someone at PG Music as to whether or not any of this is planned?

#353566 - 06/12/16 05:48 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
catcrazy Offline
Apprentice

i agree. i'd love to give it a try on mac.

#360110 - 08/09/16 07:34 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: catcrazy]
Loc: Torino, ITALY
doctormidi Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Torino, ITALY
+1

#362359 - 08/25/16 02:38 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

We are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

Thanks to all for your suggestion.

Edited by Alyssa - PG Music (08/25/16 02:38 PM)

#380357 - 12/06/16 09:01 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
We are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

What are you saying then?
music producer/engineer

#438033 - 11/14/17 04:42 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
zedd Offline
Journeyman

If RealBand for Mac is not in the works, I would still love to see the ability to preserve performances in certain bars of a song, so that you don't lose them when you regenerate the song after changing the chord arrangement.

When you hear something PERFECT happening, and you know that that's how you want it to be for the final version of the song, it's pretty frustrating to have to lost that perfect moment when you regenerate the song. It makes splicing and dicing several versions of the song A LOT of extra work when exported to my DAW, and forces me to expend a lot of mental energy keeping tracks of which parts I want to use in which versions of the song.

It is crazy that maybe all I want to do is add an intro or an outro or maybe a few bars to the solo section on an otherwise very nicely performed song, and the only way to do it is to add the chords and then regenerate the entire song's performance.

Anything that would help make it easier to get as close to a perfect performance within a single version of the BIAB song would be be very welcome.

#444546 - 12/12/17 07:06 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music

Please make it happen.
music producer/engineer

#444547 - 12/12/17 07:07 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: zedd]
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: zedd
If RealBand for Mac is not in the works, I would still love to see the ability to preserve performances in certain bars of a song, so that you don't lose them when you regenerate the song after changing the chord arrangement.

When you hear something PERFECT happening, and you know that that's how you want it to be for the final version of the song, it's pretty frustrating to have to lost that perfect moment when you regenerate the song. It makes splicing and dicing several versions of the song A LOT of extra work when exported to my DAW, and forces me to expend a lot of mental energy keeping tracks of which parts I want to use in which versions of the song.

It is crazy that maybe all I want to do is add an intro or an outro or maybe a few bars to the solo section on an otherwise very nicely performed song, and the only way to do it is to add the chords and then regenerate the entire song's performance.

Anything that would help make it easier to get as close to a perfect performance within a single version of the BIAB song would be be very welcome.

Please post this in the wishlist section.
music producer/engineer

#467384 - 04/15/18 01:24 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pianomann]
Island Soul Offline
Expert

PG, Peter staed five years ago that Macs are vastly superior when it comes to dealing with audio. The fact that you don't need extra drivers, sound cards, built in MIDI etc make Realband perfect for Mac. Please do take this suggestion to your next marketing meeting and try to push for this to happen.
music producer/engineer

#468374 - 04/21/18 07:23 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Island Soul]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

RealBand is great but it is very buggy as it is just PowerTracks that uses the Band in a Box application in the background to generate up the tracks in a temp folder that are then loaded into RealBand. This can be done on Mac and Win with a vst version that loads into Pro Tools, Logic or Reaper etc.. and uses the Band-in-a-Box.app in the background to give you all the features in the 64bit DAW of choice. It will be easy compared to creating a new RealBandaid.app and will be more stable.

All the Biab functions will be in the VST GUI.
It could have a selectable linear chord track (Cubase/RapidComposer/EZKeys) or normal chord sheet like Biab or both so the vst can be scaled down to a small size.

It will work similar how the Chord Tool works by sending data to the Band-in-a-Box.app running silently in the back ground.

Attachments
BiabVST.png

BiabVST-compact.png

BB-Chord-Picker-beta2.0e-600.png

#468536 - 04/23/18 06:59 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RealBand for Mac??? [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
If only you could get a job there, Pipeline.
Now, that would sure be a great move.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29922 Members
61 Forums
59428 Topics
501153 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jmh0912, FriarWade, Pieter Stein, tct, johne1

29922 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 223
zedd 160