24. I'm trying to change an instrument (patch), but every time I press play, my instrument selection changes.

Go to File | Save Song with Patches & Harmony and make sure that either 'Save all settings with song' is checked, or it is unchecked and you have the settings selected that you want saved.

Another reason why your patch changes are not sticking (assuming you have checked the Save Song with Patches dialog), may be that you are using a 'style with instrument changes'. Some styles use different patches for the A and B substyles, a feature which is supported by Band-in-a-Box® 2006 and higher. Go to Styles | StyleMaker | Edit Current Style | and click the [.PAT] button. See if "Use separate patches for a and b substyles" is checked. If so, you could either uncheck it or set the patches you want in the StyleMaker. One thing to note is that this is a permanent change to the style - i.e. it will stay that way until you change it back.

Note: in Band-in-a-Box® 2009 and earlier, you were required to use the Save with Patches menu item to save a song with custom patches. See this FAQ topic for more information on earlier versions.

If you are having trouble saving Volume, Reverb, Chorus, and Pan settings with your songs, please see this FAQ topic.

Alyssa - PG Music