Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#487213 08/21/18 05:14 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Since my last post last year I had lost interest in music due to a re-emergence of the worst time of my life from 20 years ago, I sometimes lurk and saw Noel's lyrics but thought that I could never write a song to those.
I occasionally messed with BIAB trying to discover tricks I didn't know and playing with the RTs that I have never used and came across 2708 Autoharp. And so emerged 32 bars of Em which needed lyrics and more chords!
THEN the gibsonator suddenly came back to life, took control and pointed to Noel's lyrics.The analogy of a year being my life arose in my mind. 20 years ago I was 48 ...I was in the Autumn of my life-ish!!! Aah hah Autumn's blade ..... BRILLIANT!!

Noel, you, without knowing, put my thoughts into words in a way that I could never have done. Thank you
A few more chords turned up and then Brent put those thoughts into notes.
This has been ready to post for quite a few weeks but circumstances out of my control stopped me. Here it is at last.

Deciduous love

Lost and lonely autumn leaves are my only friends tonight
We're tumbling headlong down a road going nowhere
Forgetting once we had we had a happy life
now all alone, where cold winds blow
Don't we deserve a home?

Deciduous love
Deciduous love
Lives for summer sun
Deciduous love
Deciduous love
Deciduous love Leaves when summer is done

I remember back in springtime
The taste of youth was good
Then summer shone and love grew strong I was invincible and self-assured
as days got longer and seasons changed
blue turned grey and
then came autumn's blade

Deciduous love
Deciduous love
Lives for summer sun
Deciduous love
Deciduous love
Deciduous love Leaves when summer is done

Maybe one day
I'm hoping one day
that Summer will never ever go away
Deciduous love lives for summer sun
Deciduous love leaves, leaves when summer is done
Always needing that summer sun

Style is _ACBLZ2.STY (Slow Blues )
RealTracks in style: 531:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 065
RealTracks in song 1546 Bass, Electric, CountrySwing Sw 085

RealTracks in song: 2450:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085 forwards
RealTracks in song: 2450:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085 backwards. I split the track in my DAW, Cubase, at each chord change and reversed each segment.
RealTracks in song: 952:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogieOpen Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1285:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085

RealTracks in song: 2708:Autoharp, Rhythm OldTime Ev16 110 HALF speed
RealTracks in song: 2708:Autoharp, Rhythm OldTime Ev16 110 NORMAL
RealTracks in song: 1964:Clarinet, BackgroundSoloist DixielandMedium Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1114:Fiddle, Background CountrySwingMelodic Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 2633:Horn Section, Background JazzBallad2PartJack Sw 085

RealDrums in Song: NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
RealDrums in style: JazzBrushes: a: Brushes Swirling b: Brushes Busier
RealDrums in Song: TambourineSwing8ths: a: TambourineSwing8thsb: TambourineSwing8ths
RealDrums in Song: ShakerCelticEv16: a: Shaker b: ShakerCelticEv16

Loop in Song: DRUMLOOP008_POP_90_X_SC4.wav
MetalEv^_120_Style [Decoded} kick

Enjoy

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

It's fantastic to see you in the forum again!!!!

Love the opening. Very mystical and haunting and spooky. When that bass comes in... the feeling is awesome and then Brent arrives a bit later and ices what is truly a spectacular cake.

This is such an incredibly mind-boggling good production. Everything sits s-o-o-o-o-o well together. The arrangement and the mix are PERFECT for your narrative and the use of effects such as delay and reverb is very, very effective. I found this a magical musical journey in the best possible way. When I look at your list of Realtracks. I'm amazed at how you've used them. Your trademark creativity shines brilliantly everywhere.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I've listened to this a few times now and I'm just as mesmerised by what you've done as I was the first time I heard it. I'm so glad you posted this.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So glad to hear from you Alyn. Just love your version of the song. Very cool backtrack and loved your vocal / spoken word version

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a unique rendition! I can't believe how different this is to the last version I heard. The spoken word actually works really well here. Loving the backing tracks too. It has an otherworldly feeling to it.

Nice work and thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Welcome Back! Missed ya!

This is VERY cool. Love the spacey backtracks. The narrative is terrific. Paced perfectly - will not let go of the ear...

That ending guitar solo is Exquisite! Like you got someone to record it JUST for this piece. Made me look back a your list to see what it was! - That is always a good sign.

You are always good at combining a BUNCH of RealTracks and making them sound right, light, sparse. This is one of your best in that regard. A Superb production. An Excellent mix!

Hope you will stick around.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

So good to hear from you again.

And what a wonderful performance you've made of this song.
Outstanding!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice to hear from you Alyn. Sensational return, this is a fantastic rendition of the lyrics. Excellent use of realtracks, all those instruments blending into a pleasing chaos, interestingly you have combine even and swing instruments. I thought I heard something played backwards and then I noticed you have really reversed a track, very clever smile

Your voice has the right autumn tone and the solo guitar rises from the ground full of leaves. Gives nice Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits vibes.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brilliant!

so good to hear from you again,

I've missed your clever and unique songs

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Gibson ....

Very good stuff ....
More dude ....

Cheers.

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn, you've been greatly missed my old pal.
The forum has been a poorer place without your thought-provoking and imaginative style.

Loved this one. I need to listen to stuff like this to jolt me out of the rut
I keep drifting into. Fabulous!

Please stick around and let's have some more Gibson-esque songs.

Cheers,
ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn

Nice to hear from you again and with a very engaging version of Deciduous Love.
Excellent concept and a moody interesting sound.
Very enjoyable - looking forward to more.

Peter

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Interesting take on this song. I hadn't expected a "spoken word" tune, but I loved it. Loved how the narrative led into the tasty guitar solo. Love the drums and really all the backing tracks.

Very nice job.

Dave

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
THANKS for the lovely review Noel, oh and thanks for those lyrics. When the gibsonator spluttered into life they fitted, with a little adjustment, absolutely perfectly!

It took a while to get the feel I wanted and I am glad it worked for you.

thank you

Alyn

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Cheers Scott, thanks for the welcome and the nice review.

Take care, buddy grin

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really like this version Alyn! So much emotion, and such a great production.

Cool!

smile

Welcome back and stick around!!

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
It has an otherworldly feeling to it
That autoharp started that vibe and completed it with the ending and the harmonics fading.

Thanks for listening and commenting

Alyn

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Missed you to floyd blush whistle grin
Yeh that solo. My version on my Strat was rubbish now resigned to the bin....took a while to find it but then BAM..... what can I say.
It was a first generation, with a bit of adjustment as Brent didn't like my diminished bar towards the end.

Thanks for the wonderful review.
I hope I stay also but have to try to keep my fan clean after it was hit by all that mess in Feb last year.

Thanks dear Sir,

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

This works so well - it gave me chills, so I can tell the lyrics got to you.
I love the " pleasing chaos" of the arrangement, as Janne said. Perfect ending.
Your Gibsonator songs have been missed here.

Robert

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I really like your take on this! It has an almost haunting, ghostly feel to it. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn, that was GREAT!! And what a wonderful take on Noel's lyrics! It seemed that they were written for your version. It was mesmerizing to say the least! By the way, I often wondered about you. You were missed around this forum! Thanks, Torrey

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195