You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#486794 - 08/20/18 11:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] setting changed?
jt3 Offline
Apprentice

I had some songs where I recorded in pro tools then brought back in to biab. auto chord wizard. I used to audio only to add an instrument to the mix. the files are all still there just no sound any Idea's
John

#486816 - 08/20/18 12:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: setting changed? [Re: jt3]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi John,

Are you not hearing anything, or do you hear the audio track but none of the Band-in-a-Box instruments?

If it's the latter, going to File - Load Style Special, and checking "Style is enabled" will likely do the trick.

If you just weren't hearing anything when opening these files, please hit File - New, then hit Play and let us know if you hear the new project.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

#487002 - 08/20/18 09:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: setting changed? [Re: Kent - PG Music]
jt3 Offline
Apprentice

thanks for getting back to me. what I did was use to audio chord wizard. brought the song into biab. I didn't change to biab song saved the audio track to play. I've done it this way for probably 8 years now. I only did a few wanting special parts. its denying this from happening . it gave a window saying the file had 290000? and nothing came in. not sure if I got this explained right. John

#487092 - 08/21/18 11:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: setting changed? [Re: jt3]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

HI JT3,

What exactly are you not hearing? Is it the audio track, other tracks that Band-in-a-Box was supposed to generate, or everything? Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible, as I'm still not quite sure what's wrong.

If you click File - New and hit Play, do you hear music?

If we could get the exact words of that message, it would be helpful.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

#487814 - 08/25/18 08:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: setting changed? [Re: Kent - PG Music]
jt3 Offline
Apprentice

Im using 2017 ver. save a performance? not sure what your meaning. if you mean save the song as a finished project I did that. I even went to my old pc and made a new ver. and then brought it to my other pc. it worked saved it. close out of biab and reopened the song it worked. then I restarted my pc and it was still there and working. I shut down for the night. next day its gone again. the files are all there but wont play the audio file as it was saved. hope this helps
thanks again JT3

#487816 - 08/25/18 09:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: setting changed? [Re: jt3]
jt3 Offline
Apprentice

I think I found it went to preferences. there is a box to open mp3 and wma files with the song. It works now. dont know how it got changed. thanks again

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36036 Members
64 Forums
74386 Topics
652726 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
revnev, ColleenLindsey, robertjohn5814, crm88, AgataJohnson

36036 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 134
MarioD 126