120. I get an Access Violation or General Protection Fault when I try to open Band-in-a-Box®.

This could indicate a problem with your Band-in-a-Box® installation, a problem with windows, or a problem with a driver installed on your computer. If you get the error every time you try to open Band-in-a-Box®, you can normally resolve the problem by deleting a file called intrface.bbw from your Band-in-a-Box® folder (usually C:\bb). This will return many global Band-in-a-Box® settings to their factory defaults. If that doesn't help, perform the following steps until the problem is resolved:

1. Return all Band-in-a-Box® settings to their factory defaults by following the instructions HERE
  2. If you are running Band-in-a-Box® on Windows 98 or ME, ensure that the name of your Band-in-a-Box® folder doesn't have a '+' or '=' sign in it, as this can cause an access violation on some systems.
  3. >Reinstall Band-in-a-Box® to a new folder that doesn't contain your existing Band-in-a-Box® files. One way of doing this is to rename your existing Band-in-a-Box® folder (bb) to "bb_old" - then simply reinstall Band-in-a-Box® using the original CD(s) or installer that you downloaded and choose bb as the destination directory. This way you end up with a "fresh" install, and you also keep all of your old files for backup purposes. Don't delete the bb_old folder until you are sure that you have saved all of your personal work etc. elsewhere. It is ok to have Band-in-a-Box® installed in more than one location on your computer, but keep track of where your Band-in-a-Box® shortcut is pointing by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties.
  4. If you are still getting the error when opening Band-in-a-Box®, this may indicate that there is a problem with a sound card driver installed on your computer, and Band-in-a-Box® is having trouble making a connection to it. Reinstall the drivers for your sound card (and MIDI/Audio interface if you have one), using the latest updates available from the manufacturer.

Alyssa - PG Music