133. I am unable to transpose my Melody track, even if I use the Transpose Melody Only menu option.

If your Melody is not transposing, whether you change the key of your song, or go to Melody | Edit Melody Track | Transpose Melody Only.., it could be because your melody notes are on channel 10 for some reason. Channel 10 is set to not transpose because this is the drum channel, and when drums are transposed they become entirely different drum sounds. Even if your melody doesn't sound like drums, the notes may still be on channel 10. This is because unless your Melody track type is set to 'multi-channel', Band-in-a-Box® re-channels all Melody track data to the default Melody channel (usually channel 4) during playback. To check what channels your Melody notes are on, you can right-click on one of the notes in editable notation mode and select Edit Note, or look at the Event List.

One way of correcting the problem for your current song is to use a feature in the Piano Roll window (Band-in-a-Box® 2005 and higher). Open the Piano Roll window, right-click anywhere, and select 're-channel all events to the track channel'. To avoid the problem in the future, open the Notation Window Options dialog, press the More button, and make sure that the 'inserted note default' is not set to channel 10. If you are recording from an external controller, check that it isn't set to send all MIDI data on channel 10 for some reason.

Alyssa - PG Music