Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#488995 - 09/02/18 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Halfway Blues -- audio
Halfway Blues -- video
Hi folks,
We have not had much time for music making this summer so I (Bud) threw together a simple eight bar blues that I knew Janice could quickly riff out a vocal on. She did that and after the take said she’d like to try some BGV’s so here’s what happened smile Peter helped with the arrangement and played the solos and rhythm…thanks!

We hope it works for you and we are always appreciative your time to both listen and comment!

Janice: lead & BGV’s / melody / arrangement
Peter: lead & rhythm guitars / arrangement
Bud: lyric / video & audio production / mix & mastering / arrangement

Drums: RealDrum, BluesRock128
Bass: RealTrack 922, Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockSlow12-8
Piano: MIDI SuperTrack 1886, Solo-Accompaniment Bluesy12-8John Sw 060

Track effects: Logic Pro Grand Steinway, Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8 Imager module, Waves Bass Rider and Waves CLA Drums

Mastering: Waves LinMB and Ozone 8 Maximizer module

Equipment: Logic Pro X (iMac), Scarlett interface and Rodes NT1 mic and all of Peter’s stuff

Halfway Blues

guitar intro

suit up, get ready, make a rare raid into reality
when you arrive you’ll find a different story
oh baby, you’ll beg, can’t we meet halfway?
i’m sorry, halfway’s a lot further than it used to be

a slight of hand brought you into my world
i could see you wanted to play me like a fine fiddle
making so many promises you would never fulfill
you saw another girl’s spirit to cripple

guitar solo

i knew you weren’t ready for a strong woman
for some reason I let you have your little taste
now no tears, no calls, no messages, just go
i don’t have any more time to waste

suit up, get ready, make a rare raid into reality
when you arrive you’ll find a different story
oh baby, you’ll beg, can’t we meet halfway?

vocal/guitar outro

#489017 - 09/02/18 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
What a collab!!! You can't miss with Bud's production, Janice's vocals (BGs fit great) and the masterful Peter F. on guitar!! I love this line...

That's an epic line!!

Great job with everything guys!! Take care. Greg

#489026 - 09/02/18 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Janice,Bud and Peter,
Terrific slow blues with very good back-at-you lyrics.
The whole sounds simmered and cooked so well;vocals,guitar,backing, production.
The piano is especially good-nice to hear it mixed prominently.
Just curious about that Ozone Imager- used on the drums?

Robert

#489041 - 09/02/18 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
What a collab!!! You can't miss with Bud's production, Janice's vocals (BGs fit great) and the masterful Peter F. on guitar!! I love this line...

That's an epic line!!

Thank you Greg for those very supportive comments. And, glad you liked that line!

J&B

#489042 - 09/02/18 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a cool tune. Love Peters guitar. Very neat effects on the guitar. Super vocal Janice. Super production as well. My kind of music.

#489055 - 09/02/18 06:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
GocartMoz Offline
Apprentice

Just fantastic. Great vocal, great guitar ring and wonderful lyric and production. For throwing a blues tune together I’d say you hit it out of the park. Fantastic!

Dave

#489076 - 09/03/18 01:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Excellent! Has a "Key to the Highway" vibe happening in spots.

Janice sounds fabulous on this as per usual, and I really like those background vocals too.

Nice guitar work from Peter, right in the pocket.

Great mix! Man, those drums ... I've used those same 12/8 drums myself a few times, never got them sounding that good.

Very cool ending too. Enjoyed the listen!

#489083 - 09/03/18 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice, Bud & Peter,

This is excellent! A great vocal by Janice and some really hot guitar by Peter - love it!

Bud, I don't think anyone comes near your production... It sounds better than most commercially released records in this genre. You really have quite the touch.

Bob

#489089 - 09/03/18 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice,Bud and Peter,

Robert

We appreciate that Robert. I used the imager on the piano. Since the track is stereo and panned dead center I thought the imager might open it up more. And floyd has well taught me to turn up the drums and piano smile Although I have to be reminded.

Thanks for mentioning the lyric also.

Glad you liked it!

J&B

#489137 - 09/03/18 02:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Wonderful job, Janice and Bud. Speaking as a forum member close to winding up what has turned out to be nearly a 3 mo. hiatus, checking back into the forum, and what should I hit on almost right away, but Janice and Bud burning it up with "Halfway Blues."
Hey, a lot of great collaborations have been going down in the interim. Soon to return, new state, new home, new BAIB style (Hank Campfire) to those oldie hymns and gospels. Again, great work, J & B !
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#489140 - 09/03/18 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this Janice & Bud! Fantastic choice of instrumentation. I really enjoyed the overall progression. Great work on the guitars too! Thanks for sharing!

#489149 - 09/03/18 06:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

That's an epic line!!

Greg
Always a privelege to be asked to play on one of Bud & Janice's tracks. Thanks for the too kind comments on the guitar part.
Peter

#489192 - 09/04/18 06:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool tune. Love Peters guitar. Very neat effects on the guitar. Super vocal Janice. Super production as well. My kind of music.

Thanks Scott! It's our kind of music also.

J&B

#489201 - 09/04/18 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

"get ready, make a rare raid into reality"

Some nice alliteration there, Mr. Merritt.

Excellent abounds. (No surprise there).

Smokin' guitar leads (really like the delay on the guitar! and the bite!)

Smokin' vocal. Great emotion. (LOVED the little cry on "sorry" @ 3:05!). Super BGVs.

Smokin' mix. Guitars all sound great. Drums, yes! Good bass. Clear, clean vocals. Super piano sound. (Typical Bud Mix).

All to a smokey video. Nice.

A great listen.

fj

#489202 - 09/04/18 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
J&B...loved the idea behind the lyric: talking about “halfway”..great innovative idea, with lots of good, creative “takes” on the main idea...perfect instrumentation/solo/vocal for the style...really liked the little vocal “add-ins” as well..thanks for sharing!

#489208 - 09/04/18 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! You guys nailed this one. The groove, the chorus, the vocal delivery - it's all there. The stars aligned and made something special here for sure. It is perfectly catchy, and on top of everything the production sounds really professional.

You should all be very proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

#489228 - 09/04/18 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: GocartMoz]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: GocartMoz
Just fantastic. Great vocal, great guitar ring and wonderful lyric and production. For throwing a blues tune together I’d say you hit it out of the park. Fantastic!

Dave

Thanks Dave. We very much like your latest!

J&B

#489293 - 09/04/18 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Robertkc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice,Bud and Peter,

Robert

Robert
Thanks for the review - I always learn something from Bud's mixes.

Peter

#489366 - 09/05/18 10:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Excellent! Has a "Key to the Highway" vibe happening in spots.

Janice sounds fabulous on this as per usual, and I really like those background vocals too.

Nice guitar work from Peter, right in the pocket.

Great mix! Man, those drums ... I've used those same 12/8 drums myself a few times, never got them sounding that good.

Very cool ending too. Enjoyed the listen!

Thanks Dave for the nice review. We much appreciate it all!

I give all credit to Waves CLA Drums for the RD sound. Heckuva plug-in.

J&B

#489381 - 09/05/18 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Halfway Blues (feat. PeterF on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
J&B and Peter, Wow another great one! I wish I had half of the strength in my vocals as Janice does she just seems like she handles that with ease! Love those searing guitar notes Peter! Slowing the track down at the end was a very nice touch too! Thanks, Torrey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33068 Members
68 Forums
66607 Topics
566711 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
glenn miner, Babu Joseph, Dama, dickertl, popo55

33067 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 138
Janice & Bud 138