60. Trouble installing the Roland VSC on Windows Vista.
Applies to: Roland VSC-DXi
Symptoms: You might get the following error when trying to install the VSC-DXi on Windows Vista: "String NOSUPPORT_OS was not found in string table".
Solution: Note that the stand-alone version of the VSC (Roland VSC3) is not compatible with Vista, however the VSC-DXi is. To install the VSC-DXi, you can either install it using one of the more recent Band-in-a-Box® 2007 installers, or (if your BB installer doesn't give you the option to install the VSC-DXi) set the VSC-DXi setup file to Windows XP compatibility mode. To do this:
- Locate the VSC-DXi Setup .exe file.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click the compatibility tab.
- Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box, and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
- Press Apply, and you can now install the VSC-DXi.
If you still have trouble installing or using the VSC-DXi on Windows Vista after you have set the compatibility mode as explained above, you may need to turn User Account Control off by going to Start | Control Panel | user Accounts. You will need to restart your computer. See this page for more information on DXi synths.