Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#492814 - 09/26/18 12:35 AM [User Showcase] Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Dear Forum friends,

Here is my third submission for Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest. And it is the last one.
The category is Jazz.
This song was written when I was young, I remade it with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for the submission this time.
I listened to various demo songs of Xtra 5 Styles to find a fitted one to this tune, and I encountered this style fortunately.

Any comments encouraged.
Always welcome.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you)
Vocal: Myself

Link;
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/when-i-dance-with-you

Style is _TREPID1.STY (Trepid Simple Symph Jazz Ballad)
RealTracks in style: ~~482:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 085 ('2' only)
RealTracks in style: 2953:Strings, Rhythm JazzBalladPads Sw 060 (Held)
RealTracks in style: ~~557:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Freddie Sw 085 ('B' only)
RealTracks in style: ~2291:Horn Section, Rhythm SlowPopPads Ev16 065
RealDrums in Style: JazzSwingLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Brushes Swirl, Busy Snare
Additional Tracks
RealTracks in song: ~2314:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzSwingSlowKenny Sw 085
Strings(1st violins & 2nd Violins) played with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra, scored my me

Summary of lyrics:

Close your eyes and put your cheek to my cheek
Several couples of happy lovers
Are dancing in the dim light

We too, let's dance tonight
Without distracted by them around us
Put your hands firmly on my shoulders
And do not leave your hands from me

Leave your body tight to me
And dance leaving it to my lead
Let's talk the words of love while dancing

Let's continue till morning
We will get intoxicated with the happinesss
Let’s embrace and leave everything as time passes
I will give you a flame of passion

#492985 - 09/26/18 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Shigeki Adachi,

This is a delight.

A beautiful song. Terrific melody.

The strings arrangement is your typical excellent job. Reminds one of the hits of the Sinatra days... Excellent mix.

I enjoyed your vocals, too.

floyd

#493012 - 09/26/18 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Absolutely beautiful Shigeki!! Flawless in every aspect and your orchestration work is stunning! Another very good offering from you!! Thanks, Torrey

#493036 - 09/27/18 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
As sual, Sir, you've done a fabulous job.
I'd like a little de essing on your vocal but that's my only suggestion.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#493132 - 09/27/18 02:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Wow! That is lovely. The two of us love the Frank Sinatra/Ella Fitzgerald era and this took us right to that place.

What an outstanding composition, performance and production!

J&B

#493147 - 09/27/18 03:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Shigeki,

Lush and lovely - the whole backing is nice, but those strings are just so well arranged and orchestrated.
Your vocals have never sounded better.
Well done!

Robert

#493172 - 09/27/18 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki

An amazing professional sound with a superb string arrangement complimenting the backing.
Loved your vocal.
A quality composition.

Peter

#493214 - 09/28/18 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Beautiful old swing style song with nice jazzy chording, great string arrangement and good vocals. Reflects nicely your youth smile Good luck with the contest!

Janne

#493220 - 09/28/18 04:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Very nice and big feel production, I know the lyrics are there in English.

I would really love to hear it sung in English, It would definitely fall in to the big band sound here.

Thanks
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#493272 - 09/28/18 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Really love your music. Another fabulous piece of music Shigeki. Well done. And a super vocal...

#493414 - 09/29/18 12:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, floyd

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I am really glad you like this tune, the arrangement and my vocal.
As you say, I arranged this song with consciousness of Sinatra and his arranger, Nelson Riddle.
I am always very encouraged by your kind words.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493415 - 09/29/18 12:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Torrey

I am really glad you like this tune, the orchestration.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493416 - 09/29/18 12:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, rayc

I am really glad you like this tune.
And many thanks for your precious suggestion to the vocal editing.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493417 - 09/29/18 12:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Janice and Bud

I am really glad you like this tune and the arrangement.
I also love the Frank Sinatra/Ella Fitzgerald era.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493418 - 09/29/18 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Robert

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493419 - 09/29/18 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Peter

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#493508 - 09/29/18 04:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
It's good to hear such a cool Japanese production here.
And very nice to hear you sing it.
Top notch, pro all the way orchestration!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#493560 - 09/30/18 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Shigeki..
Immediately liked the escalating melody sequence, and overall excellent production.
I didn't purchase the Xtra Styles PAK 5..but, hearing this style, I think I will decide to buy it!
Very professional string arrangement, and your vocal is great too!
Thank you for updating a very good composition with these newer BIAB tools!

#494436 - 10/05/18 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Shigeki Adachi,

This is a delight.

A beautiful song. Terrific melody.

The strings arrangement is your typical excellent job. Reminds one of the hits of the Sinatra days... Excellent mix.

I enjoyed your vocals, too.

floyd

YUP!! Would love to have heard Old Blue Eyes give this one a whirl!! You are a master of melody and arrangement Shigeki!! Take care. Greg

#494473 - 10/05/18 11:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you) my last submission for Xtra5 contest [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Janne

I am really glad you like this tune, the orchestration and my vocal.
You are right. I also think the lyrics are young.
I can be a little shy when singing it now.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Band-in-a-Box® - What People Are Saying...

Wow, check out the latest feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I have one song I've been torturing over to get the sound right for quite some time and I merely keyed in the chords and what BB generated is awesome. Just what I hoped that song would sound like. What had taken me months to get right (and couldn't), the program could do in about an hour - AMAZING!"

"Great Ear Training Exercises! And I love that that you can set the tempo to whatever you choose. It's great for learning a tune!"

"A very good and easy to use musical program!"

"It's amazingly easy to use! Write a song? No problem! Add background sound track to a video? No problem! Put notes on a staff and have BB make up a chord progression and tell what key you are in? No problem! Start with a chord progression and have BB make a melody line? No problem!"

"Still the best practice tool I have found, great for running lines, improvising over and really helpful for working on song writing ideas as well! Good for beginners, and the more musical skill and knowledge you have the more you will get out of the software."

"I create demo songs with Band-in-a-Box, it helps me to get my ideas across to my engineer!"

"Been using Band-in-a-Box for years. Outstanding product from a great company!"

"It's like buying a Musical History Jukebox. It comes with probably 3000 styles and is like hiring session musicians to play rhythm with you, they even have soloists! It introduces you to so many types of rhythms that you other wise would know nothing about. "

"Paul McCartney said you gotta have a great band behind you. Well, Band-in-a-Box is my band."

"It's as easy as typing in the chords, choosing your style, instruments, etc., and off you go! Learning the tune? You can slow it down while you work on it then speed it up. My favorite analogy is a good chess program, which will play at your speed and level and is eternally patient!"

"I love my Band in a box, it does so much! Besides all the RealTracks and song ideas, it's a great tool to stay sharp with your licks. Social distancing got you down? Can't jam with friends? Pick out any song and go to the mixer button, there you can mute any instrument that's playing so you can jump right in and play along!"

"I love it. I'm a drummer, and Band-in-a-Box really keeps me on my toes!"

"The DAW plugin is really great. Trust me on this. I use it with Studio One.

"This is how I've been able to gig solo for the past 20 years. Band-in-a-Box is the great equalizer for us none rhythm players."

"Wouldn't want to be without it! One of the best things I bought in my life. Simple as that."

"As a songwriter I really love to work with Band-in-a-Box. The only limitation is your own creativity."

"I've used Band-in-a-Box for 25 years and thanks to this program and the advice of PG Music staff I've written over 100 songs. It's great software and amazing help to me as a musician. CONGRATS!!!"

Thank you for all the amazing feedback!

Band-in-a-Box® - A Teaching Tool!

Did you know that we offer Band-in-a-Box® LabPAK and Site License purchase options for schools? This is an ideal option for any educational institution looking to add Band-in-a-Box® to their curriculum.

Learn more about the LabPAK purchase options here: Windows | Mac.

How would a teacher use Band-in-a-Box® in a school setting?

A few ideas:
-practice sight reading with the students by following the on-screen notation
-display the Guitar Fretboard or Big Piano Window to watch the notes being played
-Trading fours! (etc.)
-generate a song for accompaniment during practice sessions
-create a practice song and save it as an audio file to send home with the student for additional practice!

...and more!

Wondering how to add a Band-in-a-Box LabPAK to your school? Feel free to contact us directly with any questions you might have! Click here to send us an email.

Forum Stats
33028 Members
68 Forums
66509 Topics
565461 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
twntrn, Gerr Coll, rolenzo, JohnK, minayang

33028 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
CaptainMoto 155
Janice & Bud 131