44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Wild!

very entertaining stories!

cool song, even some nice guitar at the end

enjoyed,

Kenny

#494611 - 10/07/18 06:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I absolutely love the vibe this song has! Such a lovely groove. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ember.

Peter

#494612 - 10/07/18 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Joe -PG Music]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hey there PeterF, I admired the overall vibe on this. Excellent mixdown on all of this and a solid key signature choice too. That guitar really does shred! Very captivating lyrics. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot Joe.

Peter

#494616 - 10/07/18 11:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: PeterF]
drutgat Offline
Enthusiast

I really like this.

Even if you had not said that this was inspired by Dylan, I would have said from listening to the music, that the song was definitely inspired by the '65 - '66 albums - 'Bringing It All Back Home', 'Highway 61 Revisted', and 'Blonde On Blonde'.

I think you are definitely channelling a mix of Mike Bloomfield and Robbie Robertson and some of the other guitarists who worked with Dylan at those times.

Also, I really like your backing vocals.

Thanks for uploading this.

#494668 - 10/08/18 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi PeterF & Leon,

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!! Congratulations on that one !!!!

Song great, vocals great, guitar great, but the lyrics are more than just fantastic - I LOVE'EM !!!!.

I've been trying for almost 50 years to memorize(and maybe one day fully understand) the lyrics of Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, and now here comes another one which I right from the start liked almost as much... Elaborated, sage, funny, even cynical and with a message - who could ask for more. Wish I could make up something like that one day ...

This song is a diamond - thanks for posting !

Stefan

#494712 - 10/08/18 02:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wow Peter, this really captures that vibe from the era you described! I remember those days! Great job on every part of this production! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey

Peter

#494713 - 10/08/18 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Noel96]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Peter and Leon,

From the first note, you had my undivided attention! This song is so full of energy that I could see lightning flashes shooting out from it.

Leon, I take my hat off to you... I don't know how you managed to write s-o-o-o-o-o many words and maintain listener interest! I was totally engrossed in the lyric content and just kept on wondering what was going to happen next!

Wow! You've both done an incredible job creating this one.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks a lot Noel it was a challenge fitting in all those words.

Peter

#494723 - 10/08/18 03:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter/Leon,

Cool. Excellent. Good write. Pictures in words. MAN! that's a lot of words!!!

You really captured that 60's sound! Terrific backing. The guitar worked perfectly...

(I thought the vocal was a little too loud compared to the instruments)

Y'all need to make a flash-cards-in-the-alley video!!!

fj

YES!! A fine, fun retro tune with great guitar and....a lot of lyrics (Leon must have been suffering from writer's cramp after that!). Some really clever writing and great production. FUN, FUN, FUN!! Take care. Greg

#494863 - 10/09/18 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: rayc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
This sounds great - a really good song and lyric but the vocal seems to be too hot or clipped on recording or it could be clashing with the crashes.
I love the guitar licks too.

Thanks Ray - vocals not clipping in the DAW possibly it's the cymbals clashing that you are hearing, they were hard to tame - and changed the sound a lot when I eq'd them.

Peter

#494865 - 10/09/18 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Channeling the Dylan thing for sure.

There are more cool rhymes and lines in this one song than I could write in a year. And no doubt, as with us, many of those lines resonated with lots of folks.

The, as Robert said, "loosely raucous" backing really nails that period when Dylan moved to the electric side of his catalog. And your guitar nailed that feel also.

Superbly cool you two!

J&B

Thanks J&B much appreciated. I'll pass the comments on to the vocalist/lyricist.

Peter

#495075 - 10/10/18 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Scott C]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Really cool song. Boy those were excellent lyrics and just an incredible delivery. Well done Leon. Guitar work was just perfect for the song. Some excellent harmonies there as well. Well done

Thanks Scott appreciate the comments.

Peter

#495077 - 10/10/18 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Peter

Nice 60's feel rock sound!
I feel the earliest Beatles on the guitar and drum.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks for the review Shigeki.

Peter

#495078 - 10/10/18 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: gruverider]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Cool poppin' tune! And love your guitar here

much enjoyed!

Thanks Lawrence.

Peter

#495087 - 10/10/18 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Super groove, reminiscent of the early Beatles. Your guitar lead fit both the song and the era. The vocal was great and the words were, oh----many. Great lyrics, really.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#495246 - 10/11/18 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: 44kfl]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Wild!

very entertaining stories!

cool song, even some nice guitar at the end

enjoyed,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny

Peter

#495248 - 10/11/18 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: drutgat]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: drutgat
I really like this.

Even if you had not said that this was inspired by Dylan, I would have said from listening to the music, that the song was definitely inspired by the '65 - '66 albums - 'Bringing It All Back Home', 'Highway 61 Revisted', and 'Blonde On Blonde'.

I think you are definitely channelling a mix of Mike Bloomfield and Robbie Robertson and some of the other guitarists who worked with Dylan at those times.

Also, I really like your backing vocals.

Thanks for uploading this.

Appreciate those comments thanks.

Peter

#495249 - 10/11/18 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Crossroads]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi PeterF & Leon,

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!! Congratulations on that one !!!!

Song great, vocals great, guitar great, but the lyrics are more than just fantastic - I LOVE'EM !!!!.

I've been trying for almost 50 years to memorize(and maybe one day fully understand) the lyrics of Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, and now here comes another one which I right from the start liked almost as much... Elaborated, sage, funny, even cynical and with a message - who could ask for more. Wish I could make up something like that one day ...

This song is a diamond - thanks for posting !

Stefan

Stefan

Thanks for the kind review much appreciated.

Peter

#495251 - 10/11/18 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: Greg Johnson]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter/Leon,

Cool. Excellent. Good write. Pictures in words. MAN! that's a lot of words!!!

You really captured that 60's sound! Terrific backing. The guitar worked perfectly...

(I thought the vocal was a little too loud compared to the instruments)

Y'all need to make a flash-cards-in-the-alley video!!!

fj

YES!! A fine, fun retro tune with great guitar and....a lot of lyrics (Leon must have been suffering from writer's cramp after that!). Some really clever writing and great production. FUN, FUN, FUN!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg loved your latest one.

Peter

#495252 - 10/11/18 02:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: MarioD]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super groove, reminiscent of the early Beatles. Your guitar lead fit both the song and the era. The vocal was great and the words were, oh----many. Great lyrics, really.

Thanks a lot Mario.

Peter

#495258 - 10/11/18 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Way it Rolls [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Peter !

This is excellent
songwriting:))
Everything sounds
so good on this one !

Cheers
Dani

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33074 Members
68 Forums
66631 Topics
566895 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
GabrielForsman, duykhuong20, jeffatbkk, chiefegod, guapeton