You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#493735 - 10/01/18 11:31 AM [User Showcase] New England Fall: (Final Mix)
Loc: North Carolina, USA
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Hey Gang:

I think I've achieved my goal for now with this song. I tried a little "reverse engineering" to get it to where we are today!

If you have a moment, give it a re-listen!

All the best!
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/new-england-fall

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 2018.8.1 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#493785 - 10/01/18 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Dave,

I have not heard this before now. It is a very, very beautiful piece of music!

Which tracks in BiaB did you use for this?

Will

#493794 - 10/01/18 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: Will Josef]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Hi Will:

Thanks for the listen! This song is experimental, meaning that other resources were used in it's creation. BIAB was used to format this song to give me a guide, but "Plogue Sforzando," (which comes with BIAB) was my main engine for: Violins, cellos, bass viols, Symphonic hits and piano!

This was a very satisfactory project for me because, I've had "Plogue Sforzando," for a few years but never knew how to use it until now!

Thanks again for you time...

All the best,
Dave

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 2018.8.1 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#494121 - 10/03/18 02:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this Dave, thank you for sharing this! This is beautiful and the instruments are layered nicely. The pads are very immersive and the strings are gorgeous. Well done!

#494152 - 10/03/18 07:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: Joe -PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Hi Joe!

Thanks for your listen!!! This was not an easy song to produce but I learned a lot in the process. After a period of time, I was able to softened the overall pads and strings to make it a bit easier on the ears...until the climax!

Thanks again,
Dave

#494219 - 10/04/18 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Dave, this is simply stunning, wonderfully rich sound that could easily grace classical music stations such as classic FM. I LOVE THIS !!

#494238 - 10/04/18 09:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic
Hi Joe!

Thanks for your listen!!! This was not an easy song to produce but I learned a lot in the process. After a period of time, I was able to softened the overall pads and strings to make it a bit easier on the ears...until the climax!

Thanks again,
Dave

All hard work pays off! Looking forward to hear more from you. Keep up the fantastic work!

#494253 - 10/04/18 10:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: Joe -PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Joe!

You know you're my favorite...Right??? =D

Thanks again!

All the best,
Dave

#494255 - 10/04/18 10:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: furry]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Hi Graham!

Thanks for your kind words and you patient listen. I'm happy that there are still folks around who can appreciate this kind of music!!!

Here's to the future!!!

Thanks again,
Dave

#494280 - 10/04/18 01:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I can tell you put a lot of love and attention in to this song! It sounds well worth it. Thanks for sharing.

#494310 - 10/04/18 08:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: Ember - PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Hi Ember!

Thanks for your listen! Yes it was a lot of hard work but well worth it!!!

Thanks again for your kind comments!!!

All the best,
Dave

#494344 - 10/05/18 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: DaveBrooksMusic]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been mentioned. It sounds so huge, so lush, and so emotional. Frankly, it is beautiful. I don't know if you've heard of them, but if you enjoy music like this, there's a band called Cinematic Orchestra you might take to. This reminds me a lot of them.

Great work here Dave - it was a painstaking process to get here by the sounds of it, but the end result is certainly work it. Thanks for sharing smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R7Mp2L3Q88

^ Here's a link to that band I mentioned, in case you had any interest in listening. smile

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (10/05/18 06:31 AM)

#494370 - 10/05/18 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New England Fall: (Final Mix) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Deryk, Deryk, Deryk!!!

WOOOOOWWW!!! So, I'm just a small (Brooks) trying to enter a larger stream!

Thank you for this link.

I've been holding back on a few projects because I haven't found the BIAB "REAL DRUMS" Tracks that fit my concepts. I'm sure they are available, I just need to take more time to locate them.

I really like this band (Cinematic Orchestra) a lot, and look forward to hearing more of them soon. Now, when people get mad at me for my new creations, do you mind if I tell them it's all YOUR FAULT??? =D "LOL!!!"

Thanks a million! LOOK OUT!!!

All the best,
Dave

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33067 Members
68 Forums
66602 Topics
566651 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
glenn miner, Babu Joseph, Dama, popo55, Evert

33066 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 146
Planobilly 137