Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#493732 - 10/01/18 11:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

J&B,

Absolutely wonderful throughout!

I would like permission to submit it for airplay in London and New Zealand. If you agree, just PM me with a mp3 copy.

They are playing my far less professional-sounding stuff. There is no money involved but the exposure is priceless.

The queue is quite long, probably 3-4 weeks to schedule it. I'll be sure to tell you when it is scheduled. It will stream in FM.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2021 w/current updates.

#493856 - 10/02/18 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wow, this is a very nice piece of music. Wonderful vocals - and the mixing of the music is outstanding good.

Really, really enjoyed this!

Will

Thank you Will!

J&B

#493872 - 10/02/18 06:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Janice & Bud,

I'm glad you re-posted this jewel. I love every part of it, but I again have to mention, that, Janice, you got a heck of a voice. A very well-written song, sung and played with so much feeling. Just great !

#493890 - 10/02/18 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Thanks for letting me join in on this!

Y'all are the best.

The new mix sounds awesome.

#493906 - 10/02/18 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
super write!

gorgeous melody and awesome vocals

a great collab from 3 of the best,

Kenny

#494085 - 10/03/18 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Gorgeous song guys, top pro vocals!
Those multiple takes of the mandolin surely worked out!

Rob

Thanks Rob...glad you liked the vocals and the mando!!

J&B

#494197 - 10/04/18 05:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: jannesan]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Fantastic, so nice to hear a perfect arrangement/mix, so simple but still very lush and the cello is distinguishable & nicely panned, something to chase after. Superb vocals. Has modern Irish folk feeling, reminds me of the Corrs.

Janne

Thanks Janne. We appreciate your comments about the mix and the vocals. We'll check out the Corrs.

J&B

#494519 - 10/06/18 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Tano Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Another very nice song from you folks! A tip of the hat to everyone involved! Such a beautiful sound with crystal clear audio quality which is something you always seem to accomplish great performances also! Thanks, T

We appreciate you mentioning both the production and the performance!

It was a fun revisit.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Loved your lyric idea, using the idea of trying, so imaginative, and common to everyone...and how you used the repeat of "I'm tryin'" melodically, very, very nice.

I noticed how you kept the chord chart very simple so that all the other elements--melody, vocal, instrumentation, could step forward and not be complicated by tricky changes...a real hallmark of sound composition judgement!

Everything about the track is top-notch! Congrats on a real jewel!

Thank you for the nice review. And, yes, we are typically all about simplicity in our productions. The result can be either boring or effective and we are happy that you felt it worked!

J&B

#494528 - 10/06/18 12:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

So well written and sung. Languid, melancholy and overflowing with heart.

And the production fit it perfectly.

So glad you brought this beautiful song back!

#494548 - 10/06/18 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: gruverider]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

The cello was a wonderful touch.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2021 w/current updates.

#494595 - 10/07/18 02:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Thanks to all who mentioned those things I was involved in... smile

And again, thanks to J&B - for being who they are...

#494597 - 10/07/18 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hello,

I've been far for some months and when I return....here's a great song from J&B & Floyd.
Excellent music and melody as usual. Great feeling in the sound.

Super listening.
Sergio

Sergio

#494687 - 10/08/18 11:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautiful song!! Don't remember hearing it..maybe before I was on the forum? Really nice, well-constructed, mixed,and of course sung. THanks for posting again!! Take care. Greg

#494891 - 10/09/18 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Janice and Bud,

This is superb listening. I love the clarity of the mix and how everything shines and sparkles with the sound of professional.

When I first heard it, I immediately made a note because this is a mix that I will be revisiting when I want get ideas on how to add production quality to my own work.

This is a terrific song that the both of you and floyd have created. And when Janice sings it's impossible to hit 'stop' until it finishes.

I enjoyed this a great deal.

Regards,
Noel

#494898 - 10/09/18 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Man!

I swear I remember writing something on this weeks ago! What happened?

Maybe a hurricane or something.

Anyway, this is great, I love this y'all. Just in time for another hurricane I guess.

smile

Wonderful production.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#495169 - 10/11/18 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What a great sound! Am I talking about any one instrument, all of the instruments, or vocals? YES! It's clean and GREAT warmth.

I really like the variety of effects which, to me, makes things stand out while maintaining blend! What?! YES! Thank you for "going there" with the effects mix.

I did not hear the original; but I loved what I heard with this.

I will admit, when I first saw that you didn't include the lyrics I was a little bummed that you maybe forgot. Then in listening I was actually made aware of two things.

1-I couldn't read ahead of the melody...which is really nice; and actually pretty natural to how you normally might experience a song.

2-When it's mixed and performed really well, they aren't needed. You can simply understand every word! What a concept.

Vocals...I've got nothin' to say. They speak for themselves. (REALLY great!)

The instrumentation is what I love to hear. VERY present; never in the way. It's orchestrated, arranged and executed well. A really nice job in knowing "when to" and "when not to." It really makes all the difference.

I will stop gushing now.

Tryin'? Ah...no. Succeeded!

Dang man, you make us feel like we know what we are doing! Something we frequently doubt smile

Not only are we very grateful for the wonderful review but also for you taking the time to respond in detail. That means a lot!

"Clean and warm" is our goal on this type of production and we much appreciate you noting it. Sometimes things seem to fall into place with objective...but not always. It's that notion of improving by having nothing left to take away rather than nothing left to add.

Thanks!!!

J&B

#495625 - 10/13/18 05:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What cool intro. Such a pretty vocal and harmony. Super collaboration. Production is first class. Just a lovely song...

Thanks Scott!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
J&B,

Absolutely wonderful throughout!

I would like permission to submit it for airplay in London and New Zealand. If you agree, just PM me with a mp3 copy.

They are playing my far less professional-sounding stuff. There is no money involved but the exposure is priceless.

The queue is quite long, probably 3-4 weeks to schedule it. I'll be sure to tell you when it is scheduled. It will stream in FM.

Thanks for your kind words and having enough confidence in our production to submit it. We appreciate it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Janice & Bud,

I'm glad you re-posted this jewel. I love every part of it, but I again have to mention, that, Janice, you got a heck of a voice. A very well-written song, sung and played with so much feeling. Just great !

Thanks! I very much appreciate you saying that about my vocal. That makes it all the more fun!

Janice

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
super write!

gorgeous melody and awesome vocals

a great collab from 3 of the best,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny...we love your new one!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider

So well written and sung. Languid, melancholy and overflowing with heart.

And the production fit it perfectly.

So glad you brought this beautiful song back!

Your description was very meaningful to us. Makes it all worthwhile! Heart and soul is what we strive for.

J&B

#495993 - 10/15/18 06:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
The cello was a wonderful touch.

Thanks Don! The Waves CLA Unplugged really warmed it up.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hello,

I've been far for some months and when I return....here's a great song from J&B & Floyd.
Excellent music and melody as usual. Great feeling in the sound.

Super listening.
Sergio

Thanks Sergio and we're glad you are back!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful song!! Don't remember hearing it..maybe before I was on the forum? Really nice, well-constructed, mixed,and of course sung. THanks for posting again!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg!

J&B

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Man!

I swear I remember writing something on this weeks ago! What happened?

Maybe a hurricane or something.

Anyway, this is great, I love this y'all. Just in time for another hurricane I guess.

smile

Wonderful production.

We appreciate you David!

J&B

#497143 - 10/22/18 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice, Bud & Floyd,

This is stunning and beautiful...

A great song and vocal by Janice - the clarity of the mix is astounding.

Yes, I can absolutely hear this coming through my car radio...

Bob

#497473 - 10/24/18 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tryin' (co-write with floyd jane) [Re: rsdean]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud & Floyd,

This is stunning and beautiful...

A great song and vocal by Janice - the clarity of the mix is astounding.

Yes, I can absolutely hear this coming through my car radio...

Bob

Thank you Bob and we appreciate you mentioning the mix!

J&B

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Updates!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users - a free update is available!

Using a Windows version? Your update resolves some reported bugs involving Song Memo, RealDrums, hot-keys, etc. Learn more & download - Windows.

Running the Mac version? The latest update for version 2021 improves Edit Audio functions, allows you to stop playback when using the StyleMaker, ensures tempo changes are included when exporting MIDI, and more! Learn more & download - Mac.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Forum Stats
35160 Members
62 Forums
71346 Topics
621828 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
alainjazz59, SWAY, JohnCoombs, DMain, Claudecir Lima

35160 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 270
Pipeline 241