Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#494925 - 10/09/18 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, forum friends

Our forum member, Tom Sperrazzo (Forum Name : Tano Music) gave me wonderful English lyrics on my song “君と踊る時 (Translation: When I dance with you)”.
He also recorded it with his wonderful vocal and sent me the vocal track.
I tried the mix down immediately with the accompaniment and completed it as English version today.

Any comments encouraged.
Always welcome.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Title: When I dance with you
Lyrics & Vocal: Tom Sperrazzo

Link;
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/when-i-dance-with-you-english

Link of original version:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/when-i-dance-with-you

Style is _TREPID1.STY (Trepid Simple Symph Jazz Ballad)
RealTracks in style: ~~482:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 085 ('2' only)
RealTracks in style: 2953:Strings, Rhythm JazzBalladPads Sw 060 (Held)
RealTracks in style: ~~557:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Freddie Sw 085 ('B' only)
RealTracks in style: ~2291:Horn Section, Rhythm SlowPopPads Ev16 065
RealDrums in Style: JazzSwingLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Brushes Swirl, Busy Snare
Additional Tracks
RealTracks in song: ~2314:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzSwingSlowKenny Sw 085
Strings(1st violins & 2nd Violins) played with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra, scored my me

When I Dance With You
(Tom Sperrazzo – Shigeki Adachi)

Under the stars,
The music's guided my feet,
I'm standing just where you are
And our eyes meet; I'm
Taking a chance
That you'll give me this dance
Let's toss our hearts to the night!

We are the two,
The two hearts seeking a sign;
The moon is calling on our stars to align.
Just dance, don't speak!
Close, cheek to cheek,
With your hands, tight, on my shoulders
As the whole world slips away.

Each time we dance,
Embraced in passionate romance,
Who cares that others may glance
To see our love; Let's
Stay till the dawn
Remain in the song,
We've not a care in the world.

So, this is our song,
The one we heard on that night
The night our hearts pledged that this dance will never end;
And just as we've planned,
Keep taking my hand
Let's keep dancing cheek to cheek like that first evening
When the stars were aligned
From that first moment that you danced with me.

#494943 - 10/10/18 12:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki & Tom

Very nice indeed. Lovely arrangement (still love those strings) and a very nice era evoking vocal all wrapped in a pretty tune.
Excellent all round.

Peter

#494958 - 10/10/18 03:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
It's a good lyric for the tone of the music .
The vocal is a little forward and there's some essing and harshness on the usual sounds that could be addressed easily enough.
Personally I'd be tempted to treat the vocal with something to give it an "old timey" sound. It's a bit present and has a little proximity bass.
In terms of the vocal delivery there are a few spots where the melody/flow seems forced and there's the odd warble that could be tidied up with an autotune style VST.
COOL stuff regardless of my nit picking.

#494983 - 10/10/18 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this was a fantastic listen smile Your chemistry here is very notable. It isn't a collaboration I had thought of, but I'm glad it happened! Tom/Tano's vocals here fit with the tune perfectly.

You two should be very proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

#494986 - 10/10/18 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Deryk and others...the collaboration objective was to add English lyrics to Shigeki's composition. From Shigeki's translation of the sense of his Japanese lyrics, I wrote an English lyric, trying to stay as close as possible to his story, but using English rhyme schemes, syllable emphasis, etc. to allow it to stand on its own in English. Glad you liked it!

#495001 - 10/10/18 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
An excellent lyric! to fit an excellent score...

TM - well written, well sung - perhaps your best vocal...

Really well done from you both!

fj

#495024 - 10/10/18 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello Shigeki & Tom, What an excellent collaboration! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. The different elements really glue well together and the chord progression is very nice. Those strings are very relaxing to listen to. Great vocals on both versions. Thanks for sharing!

#495031 - 10/10/18 11:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This was such a good collab! I love seeing forum members collaborating. Thanks for sharing!

#495069 - 10/10/18 02:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Tom Sperrazzo and Shigeki Adachi. The two of you are both amazing. I really enjoyed listening to this track and I think you should continue working together... there's some magic happening here.

Will

#495088 - 10/10/18 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
The lyrics, vocal, and arrangement were outstanding. This reminded me of the Perry Como, Dino, and Old Blue Eyes era.
Extremely well done!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#495111 - 10/10/18 08:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
This is really nice,

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#495118 - 10/10/18 10:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Hi Shigeki and Tom,
This is a very good song.
I think that Charles Aznavour would have like to sing it !
Christian

#495193 - 10/11/18 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Very cool collaboration! You are both well versed in the style and it shows. For me this is the best vocal I have heard by Tom and well, I`m a sucker for Shigeki`s strings( love the brief instrumental break).
Most enjoyable music.

Robert

#495209 - 10/11/18 10:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We love music that harkens to the late 50's early 60's crooner era. Particularly Dean and Frank and Sammy. This would fit right in with a playlist from the period.

Vocals, strings, lyric, production...all is very well done and CLASSY!

Enjoyed it very much.

J&B

#495298 - 10/11/18 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Boy this sounded so good on the head phones. What a great vocal and the backtrack was just excellent

#495436 - 10/12/18 11:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Pure excellence Shigeki! Everything about this is wonderful! Great work! Thanks, Torrey

#495813 - 10/13/18 11:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I am really glad you like this English version.
I thank to Tom's vocals and lyrics a lot.
I am always very encouraged by your kind words.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#495816 - 10/14/18 12:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, rayc

And many thanks for your precious suggestion to the mixing.
I usually use the built-in effector of Cubase Pro "VariAudio" for the pitch correction.
I used it this time by manual mode instead of auto mode.
You have good ears, there might have been some unnatural spots.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#495817 - 10/14/18 12:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Hello, Deryk

Yes, I thank to Tom's vocals and lyrics a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#495818 - 10/14/18 12:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: When I dance with you (English version of "君と踊る時") collaborated with Tano Music [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Excellent collaboration, great romantic lyrics fit the old time musical/movie mood very well. Good vocals mixed well.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36184 Members
64 Forums
74799 Topics
656922 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JuanGonzales, hhendric, mariusnoah, Khalid Ali, RIASAGE

36184 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 244