Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Al-David #498091 10/27/18 01:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

This is terrific! It overflows with 'happy' energy. I found everything about this very entertaining to the point that I was mesmermised. When the clip ended, I found myself wishing there was more.

Like yourself (and others), I thought the ending let the journey down a little bit. While it's functional, I think that there's probably a better ending out there somewhere just waiting to be discovered.

As an alternative option to the fade out, an ending that I'd try is...

1. leave the mandolin and let it end as is

2. freeze the mandolin track

3. enter into Song Settings and de-activate the 2-bar ending

4. extend the song for 4-6 bars past the bar that contains the mandolin ending

5. put a "Hold all instruments" chord (i.e. X...) either 1 or 1.5 bars later than the bar that contains the mandolin ending

6. generate and see if the modified ending fits

I just tried the above with the demo file for RT1862 (soloist mandolin) and it made the ending a little less abrupt. I've found that the freeze function opens the door to heaps of possibilities.

To get the best effect, the song should be around 4 bars longer than the bar with the hold chord to allow for natural decay.

I'm going back for another listen now!

All the best to both you and Di. You really are incredible people smile

Noel

P.S. Congratulations on the Songtradr placement! You deserve every success that comes your way!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Al-David #498112 10/27/18 04:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this tune. That mandolin was so cool. Really neat backtrack. The bass runs were very cool as well. Well done. Hope Di is feeling better

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Love the energy in this song. Definitely got me up and moving. Very fun!!

Hi Donna. Thank you so much. Glad it "moved" you! I appreciate the listen and very nice comments. Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Noel96 #498119 10/27/18 05:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Alan,

This is terrific! It overflows with 'happy' energy. I found everything about this very entertaining to the point that I was mesmermised. When the clip ended, I found myself wishing there was more.

Like yourself (and others), I thought the ending let the journey down a little bit. While it's functional, I think that there's probably a better ending out there somewhere just waiting to be discovered.

As an alternative option to the fade out, an ending that I'd try is...

1. leave the mandolin and let it end as is

2. freeze the mandolin track

3. enter into Song Settings and de-activate the 2-bar ending

4. extend the song for 4-6 bars past the bar that contains the mandolin ending

5. put a "Hold all instruments" chord (i.e. X...) either 1 or 1.5 bars later than the bar that contains the mandolin ending

6. generate and see if the modified ending fits

I just tried the above with the demo file for RT1862 (soloist mandolin) and it made the ending a little less abrupt. I've found that the freeze function opens the door to heaps of possibilities.

To get the best effect, the song should be around 4 bars longer than the bar with the hold chord to allow for natural decay.

I'm going back for another listen now!

All the best to both you and Di. You really are incredible people smile

Noel

P.S. Congratulations on the Songtradr placement! You deserve every success that comes your way!

Hi Noel,

Your comments are always music to my ears! I'm more than delighted you liked this. And thank you so much for your detailed suggestion - gonna work on that tonight and see what happens. I'm very appreciative of your time and effort with that explanation.

I can't change the track Songtradr accepted, but still, it's worth the effort to try to redo the ending for the indigenous integrity of the song. I've been doing okay at Songtradr - I've had three songs accepted to the advertiser boards and two songs sent to the music supervisors of their projects (film, commercial, etc.). Neither supervisor selected my referrals from Songtradr, but it was nice to have listened to by persons in their capacity. Sometimes they remember a name when searching for another project.

Again, thank you so much for everything. Hope all is maintaining well in your world. I'm doing fine.

Alan

PS: Di says "Hi Noel! I, too, appreciate you liking our music."

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Scott C #498120 10/27/18 05:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune. That mandolin was so cool. Really neat backtrack. The bass runs were very cool as well. Well done. Hope Di is feeling better

Hi Scott.

I truly appreciate those really nice comments! i think the mandolin is a pretty cool instrument that doesn't get its just appreciation. Thought I'd throw it out there in the spotlight for a few minutes. I sampled 5 or 6 bass lines before settling on that one. Thanks for validating my choice! Wishing you the best.

ALan

Al-David #498127 10/27/18 06:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan

That was pretty indeed! Great sound and mixing and some well deserved praise for this one.
Nice work.

Peter

Al-David #498141 10/27/18 08:58 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Alan & Di,

This actually has a cool gypsy jazz feel to me—one of may best mates, who is a huge gypsy jazz fan, would be flipping over this tune. I’ll be sure to play it for him. Short, sweet and engaging all the way. Beautifully done!

Kind regards,

Deej

PeterF #498215 10/28/18 10:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

That was pretty indeed! Great sound and mixing and some well deserved praise for this one.
Nice work.

Peter

Peter,

Thank you so much! That's very kind of you to say. Best to you.

Alan

Deej56 #498217 10/28/18 10:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Deej,

Thanks for the listen and very nice comments. Yes, this does have a touch of Gypsy Jazz to it, Had a thrown in a fiddle lead in places, then it would have been a bit reminiscent of Reinhardt and Grappelli. I love that music!

I Hope your friend likes it when he listens. If so, here's a link to a Gypsy Jazz tune I did several years ago he might like:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12926091

It got picked up for a British documentary on Gypsy Jazz.

Anyway, thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate them very much. Wishing you the best.

Alan

Al-David #498242 10/28/18 12:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi alan great mix so clear and crisp totally engaging thanks enjoyed my listen eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
F.M.M. #498248 10/28/18 01:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi alan great mix so clear and crisp totally engaging thanks enjoyed my listen eric

Thank you very much, Eric. Glad you enjoyed it! Best to you,

Alan

Al-David #498310 10/29/18 01:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice instrumental, well constructed and mix sounds good too. Love the Mandolin!

Best wishes to Di!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice instrumental, well constructed and mix sounds good too. Love the Mandolin!

Best wishes to Di!

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for those really nice comments. I really appreciate it. And Di sends her sincere "thank you" for your good wishes - as do I.

Thank you very much!

Alan

Al-David #498606 10/30/18 03:25 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Nice little foot tapper Alan!! You have such a knack for putting music together. Great mix too!! GIve my best to Di!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nice little foot tapper Alan!! You have such a knack for putting music together. Great mix too!! GIve my best to Di!! Take care. Greg

Thanks so much, Greg - I really appreciate that! You're not too shabby yourself, ya know! I'll pass on your greeting to Di - we both appreciate that. Best to you.

ALan

Al-David #499314 11/03/18 07:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Alan,

Very fun song!
Mandolin solo is very nice.
Chet Atkins' style side guitar is also wonderful and it perfect fits this tune.
I entirely agree with you.
It has elements of jazz, pop, easy listening, country, and latin.
So, I cannot tell which genre it fits into, either.
I love this chord progression.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Al-David #499365 11/04/18 03:20 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
So enjoyable, right from the first “dive” into the minor key, reminded me of a stroll through the countryside. Shows how much you can get out of BIAB with skillful selections of style, instruments, RT’s, etc. With seasoned judgment about overall shape of the track, you’ve made it interesting...I’ve found that letting BIAB self-generate, sometimes you get predictable, less-than-interesting outcomes..but you made something quite perky and pleasing. For the ending, I would substitute 4 bars of that minimal intro, ending in a stop, if that makes sense. Great post, Alan.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Alan,

Very fun song!
Mandolin solo is very nice.
Chet Atkins' style side guitar is also wonderful and it perfect fits this tune.
I entirely agree with you.
It has elements of jazz, pop, easy listening, country, and latin.
So, I cannot tell which genre it fits into, either.
I love this chord progression.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shegeki,

Thank you for the very nice comments. By the way, your command of the English language us very, very good!

I'm still not sure what genre to call this, but it was fun to write. I'm delighted you enjoyed your listen.

Best to you,

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
So enjoyable, right from the first “dive” into the minor key, reminded me of a stroll through the countryside. Shows how much you can get out of BIAB with skillful selections of style, instruments, RT’s, etc. With seasoned judgment about overall shape of the track, you’ve made it interesting...I’ve found that letting BIAB self-generate, sometimes you get predictable, less-than-interesting outcomes..but you made something quite perky and pleasing. For the ending, I would substitute 4 bars of that minimal intro, ending in a stop, if that makes sense. Great post, Alan.

Hi!

Thank you very much! I'm g;ad you found it pleasing. I rarely use styles "as is":. I would guess I average, in total, 3-4 hours trying various tracks and finding the ones the meld fairly well. It's definitely interesting and sometimes gives my ideas for other music projects under construction.

The song has already been accepted for an opportunity to which I submitted. I was advised to keep it as is because of that. But I might do what you and Noel suggested just for my own purposes. I appreciate your suggestion - sounds like a good variation. Many thanks! And best to you.

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,353
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213