Options
Index
#501792 - 11/17/18 04:03 AM [User Showcase] You Don't Have To Cry For Me
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

this is a tune I wrote back in 2008 and had the great honor and pleasure to re-record in 2017 with Daniela Erndwein as my duet partner, whom I had played with in one band so many years ago.

Irrespective of whether or not you like the song itself, I am pretty sure that you will at least enjoy the video, especially if you have a closer look at the details.

You Don't Have To Cry For Me

And these are the RealTracks I used (can’t trace wether they all belong to the same style or wether I just mixed single RealTracks (which is more likely):

DRUMS (RD Nashville 128)
BASS (RT 564)
ORGAN (RT 688)
GUITAR 1 (RT 565)
GUITAR 2 (RT 569)

TROMBONES: MIDI (RB piano roll) played with Big Fish Vintage Horns (via Kontakt 5)

I added some minor MIDI Bass and and a „real“ guitar back beat.

Played the solo on my Fender Strat Jeff Beck Signature using a very old smal Fender combo.

Like always Maha (who appears in the vid as „The Trombone Angels“) took care of the sound and the mix - what would I do without her...?

Would be very happy if you enjoyed listening and watching.

Take care,

Stefan

#501795 - 11/17/18 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Stefan,
Great production! (as with most of material I have heard of yours)

I can only imagine, how much fun you have making videos smile

Best regards,
Misha.

#501805 - 11/17/18 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune. Awesome video as well. Super vocals. Loved the tune. Well done

#501827 - 11/17/18 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a cool project Stefan! I bet you had a lot of fun making this. Very sweet arrangement too. Thanks for sharing!

#501831 - 11/17/18 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Loved it Stefan, great music and vid too

#501836 - 11/17/18 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Stefan,

A good listen. Nice jazzy blues. The horns are well done.

Nice vocals from you both. The guitar solo is nice.

A good mix, too.

Enjoyed it. Super video.

fj

#501857 - 11/17/18 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Great video! We love the trumpet players on the cloud.
Pro sounding song as well!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#501891 - 11/17/18 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
"Crossroads"...

I hardly know where to begin relating to you and Ms. Erndwein how I feel about "You Don't Have to Cry for Me". Good god almighty, was that ever some of the tastiest, slow-cooked, well-seasoned, finger-licking-good b-lu-u-u-ues that I have ever heard! I deliberately avoided watching the obviously well-produced video that accompanied the song, just so I could concentrate on listening to it.

"Crossroads", your vocal sounded as though you had just finished crying and wiped the tears from your face before you stepped up to the microphone. Ms. Erndwein, you sang like you were stroking the hair on your man's head as you held your beating heart out to him.

The electric guitar solo should have had lyrics. That's how expressive and emotionally exposed your playing was. The RealTracks really put some "hurt" into the music, too.

Folks, if you didn't live so far away from me here in the States, I'd invite you to perform at a party. Oh, yes, there'd be some 'amens' and some 'yes, yes, YES!' kind of testifying to the power of your music going on!

Applause, applause, applause, and then some more!

From the heart,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

P.S. Good trombone harmonizing! I use Big Fish Virtual Horns, too, but I never got them to sound like yours!

Edited by bluage (11/17/18 04:28 PM)

#502010 - 11/18/18 09:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: bluage]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hello Loren,

I just had your amazing comment printed out, blew it up to the max, framed it and hung it over my bed.

No, seriously, I have never had such nice and flattering words about my music before - they really blew my mind. And they mean even more to me now that I've heard the last song you shared here, which showed so much expertise, musicality and love for music.

And I know that Dani (who hasn't read your words yet, actally doesn't even know I posted our song here) will be as pleased as I am.

So, Loren, let me thank you very much; you did not only make my day - it looks like you've made my year !

All the best and thanks again,

Stefan

#502035 - 11/18/18 12:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
A very lovely production... I liked that "don't sit here" sign & was waiting for the cops or someone else to show up... All in all a good job.

#502087 - 11/18/18 11:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Stefan

Superb video - incredibly creative (and no doubt time consuming). Nice song and all round performances including the vocals and the guitar solo.
Very enjoyable.

Peter

#502110 - 11/19/18 04:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Well that was a treat! Loved the video, especially the gag signs. An excellent bit of soloing on that JB Strat (Jeff being the Guvnor as far as I'm concerned...) I can see a lot of work has gone into this, and it's a very worthy end product. Well done!

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#502149 - 11/19/18 09:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,
Great production! (as with most of material I have heard of yours)

I can only imagine, how much fun you have making videos smile

Best regards,
Misha.

Thanks a lot, Misha. Yes, that's true: making the vids is tremendous fun. And very long fun, too... cool

Cheers,

Stefan

#502150 - 11/19/18 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Scott C]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune. Awesome video as well. Super vocals. Loved the tune. Well done

Thanks a lot, Scott, for your kind words.

Stefan

#502152 - 11/19/18 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Joe,

thanks a lot - I really appreciate your kind comment on the project.

Regards,

Stefan

#502153 - 11/19/18 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: furry]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: furry
Loved it Stefan, great music and vid too

Hello Graham, thank you very much for your kind comment - I'm glad you liked the thing. Especially as know about your musical expertise.

Regards up to Scotland, where I was once long ago and LOVED it. Great country, great folks !!!

Stefan

#502154 - 11/19/18 09:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan,

A good listen. Nice jazzy blues. The horns are well done.

Nice vocals from you both. The guitar solo is nice.

A good mix, too.

Enjoyed it. Super video.

fj

Thanks, Floyd. I'm glad you liked the thing.

#502155 - 11/19/18 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: RnAM]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Great video! We love the trumpet players on the cloud.
Pro sounding song as well!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hartstikke bedankt, Anne-Marie en Rob.

Groetjes

Stefan

#502156 - 11/19/18 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: Jim]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Jim
A very lovely production... I liked that "don't sit here" sign & was waiting for the cops or someone else to show up... All in all a good job.

Thanks, Jim, I'm glad you liked the thing. Yeah, where are the cops when you need'em...

Cheers,

Stefan

#502157 - 11/19/18 09:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Don't Have To Cry For Me [Re: PeterF]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Stefan

Superb video - incredibly creative (and no doubt time consuming). Nice song and all round performances including the vocals and the guitar solo.
Very enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks a lot, Peter - I'm always flattered by your comments.

All the best,

Stefan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32861 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562068 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
tarloch, VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan

32860 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140