Print Thread
Go To
#501870 11/17/18 12:16 PM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

This is a remix and remaster of one of our earlier BIAB songs.
Hope y'all like it (be aware, lyrics are kinda depressing cry )

Rob and Anne-Marie

Style is _CROK12S.STY

366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
1002:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockA-B Ev16 065
803:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065
1003:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockPicking Ev16 065
1007:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopFlowing Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Additional Guitar and Keyboard Rob

Lyrics:

He hides a lonely tear as he's making his way through the day
So many similar nights don't it make you feel empty and grey
Some say you might as well live without reason and die
But far is the night filled with longing for someone to share

He hides a nasty thought when he walks to the cellar below
So many dreams came to life with so little now left to show
In remembering his rage he still feels the shame coming down
Like a vision of hope or a vision of fate built upon some empty words

Wrong is the night when I feel who's belonging
A bad case of loving while the radio's playing our song

Hmmm.. words of love whispered in my ear
Words every woman wants to hear
He says the things that you couldn't say
He fills my nights in every way

He hides a lonely tear as he's making his way through the day (words of love)
So many similar nights don't it make you feel empty and grey (words of love)
Some say you might as well live without reason and die (you can't say)
But far is the night filled with longing for someone to share (in every way)

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob & Anne-Marie,

I liked the melody - like many of your songs it has instant appeal.The 12-string carries the song along nicely and chorus harmonies are well done ( your vocals are always top class) and give a lift to the sad story in the lyrics!

Robert

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wonderful melody and harmonies! The mix is spot on. I like the repeating fade out to end.

And great job on the video!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob & Anne-Marie

First off lovely video. Like all of your songs this included a wonderful vocal performance and melody.
Dark but riveting.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Lovely song and the mix is really good though the kick drum has more click than thump, (it's modern metal tone most often), which seems at odds with the rest. Mind you that's just me.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Anne-Marie and Rob,

since I'm pretty new to this forum this was the first of your works that I have listened to (and watched). Very nice song, very soulful. And technically 'uitstekend'- it's sounding just great.

And the vid: Nou, ik heb 1971 voor elf maanden in Alkmaar geleeft en toen ik dat mooie huisje zag, werd ik meteen erg sentimentaal... A very nice video, exactly fitting the song.

Very good.

Groetjes,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent as usual! Love the vocals, and your guitar parts. Enjoyed the video too, well done!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob & Anne-Marie,

I remember this from the original post...

The new mix sounds great - crisp and clean.

And a really nice video.

fj

User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks so much Robert!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi Rob and Anne-Marie I agree the mix is excellent great job love your tunes thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this song. Loved the acoustic track. So complimentary to the song. Beautiful vocal and harmonies Rob and Marie. Video was pretty cool as well. Loved the strat

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work on this smile A solid right, and the vocals are beautiful here. Your harmonies are spot on, and the acoustic backing track made it all flow flawlessly. Really pretty on the ears - easy to close your eyes and get lost to.

Great job - thanks for sharing with us!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great you two.

Love the piano and guitar playing, and excellent video!

You look good Anne-Marie!!

smile

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi RnAM, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I dig the overall timbres. The guitars harmonize very well, especially with the vocals. I bet the video was fun to make too! smile

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This song is so lovely! The vocals are spot on and the use of the style is superb. Great job, and thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks everyone, and the full PG team laugh for the positive comments. Much appreciated!

Ray, about the kick drum sounding more click then thump. I think you're right, this is probably one of the undesired results of mastering the stereo mix with Ozone (or maybe I just didn't choose the right preset ;-)).

Stefan, we live quite a long way from Alkmaar (but actually pretty close to the German border). Our house has just been sold. Let's hope we'll find another cozy one. In the country of course, somewhat isolated, because that's what we're looking for (always great for nightly song rehearsals of course).

Scott, the Strat is a Squier Affinity. Noticeably better than the cheaper Squier series. Coming to think of it, I had a real Strat once, but sold it because I was tight on cash... Don't tell me, I know frown

David, yes she does look good in the video doesn't she ;-)

Rob

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nicely done!! Great song, and excellent mix/production! Vocals are top notch as usual! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob and Anne-Marie,

Excellent as usual!
Nice video.
Vocals and harmonies are top notch this time too.
Clear mixing!
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We remember this and we certainly liked it at the time. And we very much like the redo.

Yes, it the lyric is melancholy but the great vocals, guitar work and the melody present it so well.

From the intro to the outro the arrangement is outstanding. As with all your productions the mix is textured but never dense. It sounds superb on our monitors.

Thanks for bringing this back and sharing it. We enjoyed it!

J&B

PS Lately, I've enjoyed some remixing and mastering with our older material - my frequent reaction is "what was I thinking!"

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Rib & Anne-Marie,

I've been experiencing difficulties getting my comments to post - they keep disappearing when I click "submit". Hope it works this time.

I didn't hear the original version, that I can remember. I'm delighted to hear this remastered version - simply wonderful. It's a great song and so well performed. The two of you are very talented and it's a pleasure enjoy your music. The video is perfect for the song.

I don't know which part of The Netherlands you lived in, but when I visited Nijmegen, many years ago, I found it very pretty.

Wishing you both the very best.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,346
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213