#503063 11/22/18 06:20 AM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
EZKeys Black Friday Sales

https://www.toontrack.com/black-friday/

For those of us “fans of ToonTracks”, no real give away this year. However, the 67% sale on selected EZKeys Midi libraries from $29USD to $10 is always a welcome sight and for us owners of EZKeys, a good time to be sure we got more of a good thing.

Otherwise, this year they are offering the EZKeys program on sale for $36 (Regular $179) with the String Machine. This is a great price to climb on board for newbess and get introduced to the capabilities of this software. However, be warned…

For those new to EZKeys the purchasing is not like BIAB where you pay big up front and get the recommended “everything pack”. For EZKeys you need to purchase each keyboard instrument separately. Then you need to purchase each midi pack separately.

https://www.toontrack.com/ezkeys-line/

The instruments are currently $90 each and the midi packs go for $29 normally. So overtime this can be a bit of an investment. But if you love good keyboard midi, I recommend it.

Happy thanksgiving and spend your money wisely.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
If I buy the EZKeys program on sale for $36 (Regular $179) with the String Machine.

Can I then add the rock guitars to play through the ezkeys program is that correct.

Do the guitars run like sampletank for midi ?.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
If I buy the EZKeys program on sale for $36 (Regular $179) with the String Machine.

Can I then add the rock guitars to play through the ezkeys program is that correct.

Do the guitars run like sampletank for midi ?.

No guitars sounds in ezKEYS - only keyboards.

Here is a good review of what the program does https://spinditty.com/instruments-gear/Composing-Great-Music-with-EZKeys

Also you can download a demo versions to see it in action on your system.

I use it in combination with BIAB and Reaper for song writing, composing, arranging and recording.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Ok Thanks
This is the guitars I was asking about https://www.toontrack.com/product/big-rock-guitars-ezmix-pack/

Thanks again for your help.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Ok Thanks
This is the guitars I was asking about https://www.toontrack.com/product/big-rock-guitars-ezmix-pack/

Thanks again for your help.

OK, got ya. EZMix is another of the toontrack products. Marketed in a similar manner. You pay for the basic program ( which is on sale right now ) and then you buy add-ons at a separate price.

This is a mixing effects VST. I have historically used the Isotope products for this purpose so I can't speak to how well this performs. With the addons like this it is also am amp modeler like Guitar Rig or others.

Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
I am confused... if I buy the "String Machine" (I like the sound of it) am I then qualified to buy the expansion packs?

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
I am confused... if I buy the "String Machine" (I like the sound of it) am I then qualified to buy the expansion packs?

Absolutely. For 36$ you join the EZKeys family. You get the fully program, a single instrument (the string machine), and a collection of midi files which are tuned specifically to that instrument, but can also be used on any other instruments that you purchase. It is a really good deal if you like what you hear. Then you can continue to buy more expansion packs (instruments) and midi paks since you now have the full program.

You can move any chord progressions directly from Biab and load them into EZKeys or you can just enter chords by typing them in.

Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Thank you, Dan.

I will buy it, because the Solina is one of my favorite instruments of the past and I have also heard good things about EZkeys great implementation of the "wheel" when experimenting with chord progressions. :-)

Thank you,
Will

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I buy all my Toontrack stuff from www.sweetwater.com. They generally save you a few bucks and handle the transaction flawlessly. You will have to download and install the toontrack program manager. This is wonderful tool that ensures all is registered and all is updated very nicely.

Let us know how it all works out.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
actaully both plugin boutique and JRR shop has EZkeys String Machine for $29
\

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1...U4aAudMEALw_wcB

https://www.jrrshop.com/toontrack-ezkeys-string-machine

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
$29 at sweetwater also and if you have a problem a simple call to your sales rep will fix any problem. If you don't have a personnel sales rep, let me know and I will give you may guy to call.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All this chatter about this deal was more than I could bear. EZKeys is like BIAB to me, I just have a life long commitment to continue investing in this product to keep music on my priority list. I am afraid if I don't invest my money in my music then my interests will decrease and I simply don't want that to happen.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.PNG (9.73 KB, 84 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
All this chatter about this deal was more than I could bear. EZKeys is like BIAB to me, I just have a life long commitment to continue investing in this product to keep music on my priority list. I am afraid if I don't invest my money in my music then my interests will decrease and I simply don't want that to happen.

Dan - you should have gotten the Blues MIDI Pack, too. It's excellent. (I got all 4 - even the Hip Hop... smile )

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
FJ, have I mentioned how cheap I am.... grin

But it will be a long weekend and I may loosen up a bit more cash. wink

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Is this the same as the ez strings deal , only you get a piano with this one ?.

I am buying ez keys although I would rather a piano than strings, bit baffled with it all.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Toontrack-EZkeys-Retro-Electrics/107V?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+Avid&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=*All+Products.+Avid&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=46939d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=120819211039&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgr38q6vt3gIVUOh3Ch0pDwf1EAQYBCABEgLCIvD_BwE

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I sent you a PM to clarify as best as possible. I think I know your exact dilemma, EZkeys provides lots of "keyboard" options. Everyone want the Grands and Uprights. So they give the deals on the e-pianos and string instruments so you can come back and purchase the others for full price. It is called Marketing.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
You ARE spot on, I bought the strings and don't mind at all on buying the piano separately now I know what I am doing.

Thanks again.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

Thanks for the info. I cut loose on the same thing as you since I have a Sweetwater Card with no balance. I also got a couple of the other MIDI packs on sale and the studio grand.

I was already a Toontracks user with SD3 and will definitely look forward to this!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Well, I bought the strings and I am a bit confused about what to use some parts of the software for. I thought it was a virtual instrument just like other libraries, but then there is that row where you can input chords. Why? I don't understand what to use that for? And all those midi-things just seem to input rhythm or chords somehow and doesn't give me more options for the sound, which is what I am interested in... Maybe I somehow misunderstood the purpose of this instrument... I thought it would be something like Alicia's Keys or other keyboard/piano-libraries. Am a bit disappointed so far.
Will

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Maybe I somehow misunderstood the purpose of this instrument... I thought it would be something like Alicia's Keys or other keyboard/piano-libraries. Am a bit disappointed so far.
Will

Will, it is like Alicia and other libraries, but so much more. You need to do some Youtube surfing to see the EZK's in action.

It plays from your Keyboard or a midi file as a plugin from your DAW. But you can also build midi tracks in the arranger section (that is that line for the chords). Or you can copyt and past the BIAB chord chart and enhance the midi patterns. Do some digging and I think the lights will come on.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,280
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181