Print Thread
Go To
#508253 12/10/18 05:08 AM
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi there,

Last weekend I bought the upgrade of BiaB 2019. I rubbed my with pleasure because of that, but...
When I opened an existing song of mine, half the plugins were missing. I got a message Jbridge is not installed.
But it was! I even re-installed it, run all my relevant vst's, still I received the same message. I also receive the message I can only use 32 bit Vst's.

When checking my audio-interface, I got the message it was not installed. although, while playing my song I heard the sound.

Trying to record some singing, it refuses to record.

So you can imagine I'm somewhat dissapointed. I can do nothing now. And the helpdesk was closed.

All worked well in the 2018-version, what happened. Anyone who has a solution? I hope so

Greetings,
Hans Berkhout

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
Birchwood #508263 12/10/18 06:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Let's check a couple of basic things first, please.

BIAB 2019 comes with a 32-bit version which loads by default, and a 64-bit version. I'm assuming you loaded the 32-bit version, but just check to be sure: go to Help, About and it will show the version type.

Next, did you install BIAB 2019 into the same place as 2018?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Matt,

I just found out how the 64-bit version has to be loaded. At first it's an English version, but I read a Dutch one will be released in january. I saw that all the plugins were gone, but I could find them in a directory and they seem to function (testing it now). The way to record is functioning, but the sound is fragile and weak. At the end of a recoding, when ask save, I receive a message saying 'file not found', but I ha a recording.

My audio-interface from Steinberg (UR28) still can't be found, so now I use Focusrite.

And yes, I installed BiaB 19 in the same directory as 18. I always do that, from the one I had first, BiaB16.
So, it functions, but not reliable. any ideas? Helpdesk still not answering...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Birchwood #508345 12/10/18 10:45 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Hans, the problem you are having might be because the PG Music plugins you have used in the past are 32-bit. They work fine in the 32-bit version of BIAB 2019, but they will not work (or work correctly) in the new 64-bit version. You either have to use other brand plugins, or wait until PG Music releases 64-bit versions (and just keep using the 32-bit version for now).

As for the missing recording, please hang in a bit while the bugs are found and fixed for the new 64-bit version.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Birchwood #508353 12/10/18 11:02 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi there,

Last weekend I bought the upgrade of BiaB 2019. I rubbed my with pleasure because of that, but...
When I opened an existing song of mine, half the plugins were missing. I got a message Jbridge is not installed.
But it was! I even re-installed it, run all my relevant vst's, still I received the same message. I also receive the message I can only use 32 bit Vst's.

When checking my audio-interface, I got the message it was not installed. although, while playing my song I heard the sound.

Trying to record some singing, it refuses to record.

So you can imagine I'm somewhat dissapointed. I can do nothing now. And the helpdesk was closed.

All worked well in the 2018-version, what happened. Anyone who has a solution? I hope so

Greetings,
Hans Berkhout

Dunno if this would address your exact problem, but this video demonstrates the different ways you need to locate and load 64 bit vs 32 bit plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVRtQz8nqvY

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi DecanBlues,

Thanks for the video, but it couldn't help me solve the problem. Everytime when there is a major update I get trouble, although I only install the stuff. But this time I got the message Jbridge isn't runnig, while it did. And although my audio-interface was regognized, I got the message it wasn't connected. But it gave sound (most of the time), but till now I can't make recordings.

I will re-install everything, but fear it won't be of any use.
But we'll see.
And I think the helpdesk from BiaB is very busy. Haven't heard from them.

Wish me luck!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Birchwood #508514 12/10/18 11:16 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi DecanBlues,

Thanks for the video, but it couldn't help me solve the problem. Everytime when there is a major update I get trouble, although I only install the stuff. But this time I got the message Jbridge isn't runnig, while it did. And although my audio-interface was regognized, I got the message it wasn't connected. But it gave sound (most of the time), but till now I can't make recordings.

I will re-install everything, but fear it won't be of any use.
But we'll see.
And I think the helpdesk from BiaB is very busy. Haven't heard from them.

Wish me luck!
Hans

So I'm a little confused. Are you running BiaB 2019 in 64 bit or 32? If you are running it in 64 bit AND loading 64 bit plugins you should not even get that message (note the part in the video where I discuss different installation paths for the 64 bit vs 32 bit plugins). I've gotten the same or similar message in the past when trying to load plugins from the wrong "bit-folder" (e.g. x86 program file folder for 32 bit, vs regular program file for your 64 bit plugins). I've had absolutely no problems with this, so maybe you can check your folder paths again?

Best of luck!

Deacon

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for thinking with me, Deacon,

I wish I had no problems, but I reduced them somewhat. I can find all my VST's and use them, but I can't make recordings. And also one audio interface (UR28 M from Steinberg) is said to be not connected, although it is...

But I keep searching for a sollution,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Birchwood #508599 12/11/18 06:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I posted a tutorial in the tips and tricks forum on how to use 32-bit VST/VSTi's with BIAB 2019 64-bit version.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Birchwood #508760 12/11/18 11:21 PM
Expert
Expert
I have 4 VST folders on another drive: 64bit, 64bit modded files with jBridge 32 to 64 bit conversions, a 32bit VST folder, and one with jBridge 64-32bit conversions. Just point BIAB where you want it to find stuff, only you cannot use the 32bit and 64bit versions at the same time.

Choosing personal locations for VSTs: Some plugin makers however don't let you choose where and when you put them, like waves v10. Bought a bundle at the latest black friday sales, at some ridiculous 90% off deal one can't resist. You cannot move those where you want. Then a friend told me he modded them with a copy-protection hacking tool: he could put them anywhere. As legal licensee you're thus forced to work while hiding in dark corners LoL. To me it proves once again that legal users are the real victims of protection schemes which don't work, and illegal users run away laughing.

XLN stuff also; they force you to have your computer online for protection. I bought an Addictive Drums VST with a great percussion expansion a while back, but sold it because of that reason. If you take a job out to another studio you cannot take it with you, cause they wont allow you to install any software as for online protected stuff on their 'ín house' PC as XLN demands. Apart from all the creativeness hampering time consuming administrative handling ('problems?: call our 'helpdesk', my foot). When f.i. XLN software sees an different IP address or computer ID you're in trouble. Took out another completely installed PC once on an important job for final recordings and mixing at another location, but still had an IP conflict with XLN stuff.

With Adobe it's the same thing, bought the latest versions of Photoshop and Premiere 2 years ago that runs on a non internet connected PC. Today you can only work with a online license checking connection it still seems. A friend uses that using his wife's 'educational' license at about 120$ a year, while running it professionally more or less. (posted most of this as discussion starter elsewhere too ...)

PS i have a full Cubase v10 (and 9.5) PRO retail licensed for sale some 100$ below 'normal' prices if interested. With license dongle included. Also a full Halion 5 version if needed. -F

Birchwood #508819 12/12/18 03:26 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
You may not be able to run both a Steinberg Audio interface and a Presonus Audio interface at the same time. I would choose Presonus as the interface and disconnect the Steinberg interface and reboot.

Steinberg has less experience in provision of audio interfaces than Presonus.

Birchwood #508837 12/12/18 04:19 AM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your advise, though I think it must be a bug in BB according to the Asiodriver. I just saw a new update from BB about this as well. But even that update didn't solve my problem with my audio interface.
Of course I checked everything, re installed drivers and even re installed BB. Still I keep receiving a message from BB saying my interface is not connected. Eventhough BB showed me all content of that interface. Untill that message!
I tried Focusrite. That was recognised, but then I couldn't record. A message appear 'a file is missing'.
So I wrote the helpdesk about the suspicion of having a bug.
My inspiration in other solutions has ended, I'm afraid.

Again, thanks to all of you,
Hans
By the way: the VST-problem is completely solved.

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,244
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184