Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#508530 - 12/11/18 03:12 AM [User Showcase] CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Just to conclude the process here's the final mix after being through the ears and controls of mastering engineer Fran Ashcroft of Happy Beat Studio.
It's LOUD so adjust you volume...

MST CCS

Thanks to all who listened and offered suggestions as each idea was applied, tested and almost all were used in the final mix.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#508535 - 12/11/18 03:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Expert

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Originally Posted By: rayc
Just to conclude the process here's the final mix after being through the ears and controls of mastering engineer Fran Ashcroft of Happy Beat Studio.
It's LOUD so adjust you volume...

MST CCS

Thanks to all who listened and offered suggestions as each idea was applied, tested and almost all were used in the final mix.

Super job, be very proud.

Tony

#508625 - 12/11/18 10:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This sounds great on the headphones. Super driving tune. Excellent vocal. I got a hint of Iron Maiden in the vocal...

Edited by Scott C (12/11/18 10:33 AM)

#508715 - 12/11/18 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Wow! Loved it. Great production, great track!

Will

#508775 - 12/12/18 03:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Teunis]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teunis

Super job, be very proud.
Tony

Tony, thank you for your "input".
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#508776 - 12/12/18 03:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Scott C]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
This sounds great on the headphones. Super driving tune. Excellent vocal. I got a hint of Iron Maiden in the vocal...

Interestingly whilst I mixed this on monitors I did a fair bit of listening on headphones of different types so I'm glad it translated to them well.
Tony, the singer/co-writer is a maiden fan.

#508777 - 12/12/18 03:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Will Josef]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wow! Loved it. Great production, great track!

Will

Thanks Will,
kind of you.

#508853 - 12/12/18 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Really good job on this Ray

great rocking' song

love the drive and overall sound

Kenny

#509007 - 12/12/18 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Ray,
I compared previous version and mastered, side by side. Yes, the later sounds fuller and more pronounced. But I also think you did most of the hard work initially yourself.

Good stuff!

Best regards,
Misha.

#509014 - 12/12/18 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This is an excellent metal rock song that was mixed perfectly.

This could have come from a number of 80's hair bands!

This is really good.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#509020 - 12/12/18 04:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Very nice, Ray! Really cool long hair rock tune! Agree with the Iron Maiden comment, but to me it's even closer to Diamond Head. Either way, it's a great song. I was particularly impressed with the vocal. Everything is about as good as it can be. Congrats and this great song!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#509282 - 12/13/18 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Ray,
Oh yeah! The bass sounds even better here. Everything sitting where it should... nothing to stop my head banging!
Excellent work by all involved.

Robert

#509383 - 12/14/18 02:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: 44kfl]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Really good job on this Ray

great rocking' song

love the drive and overall sound

Kenny

Thanks Kenny,
It's my 1st attempt and LOUD & fast.

#509384 - 12/14/18 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Rustyspoon#]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ray,
I compared previous version and mastered, side by side. Yes, the later sounds fuller and more pronounced. But I also think you did most of the hard work initially yourself.

Good stuff!

Best regards,
Misha.

Thank you Misha,
the suggestions from this forum helped nuance the mix - more ears are always better for me.

#509385 - 12/14/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: MarioD]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is an excellent metal rock song that was mixed perfectly.

This could have come from a number of 80's hair bands!

This is really good.

Mario,
I'll take that as a good thing!
80s hair/spandex/metal isn't my listening pleasure BUT I'll take the pluses when they're offered.

#509386 - 12/14/18 02:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Al-David]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Very nice, Ray! Really cool long hair rock tune! Agree with the Iron Maiden comment, but to me it's even closer to Diamond Head. Either way, it's a great song. I was particularly impressed with the vocal. Everything is about as good as it can be. Congrats and this great song!

Alan

Alan,
thanks for the kind words.
I had to look up Diamond Head as I didn't know them and didn't listen to Iron Maiden as I was old enough to have lived through the original metal era so didn't bother with the NWOBHM stuff, (I was/am a snob I suppose). Interesting bands for me to have a closer listen to.
Tony's vocal is superb I think. he wrote the melody, tweaked the lyrics and recorded his own vocal so i owe him much.

#509387 - 12/14/18 02:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: Robertkc]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Ray,
Oh yeah! The bass sounds even better here. Everything sitting where it should... nothing to stop my head banging!
Excellent work by all involved.

Robert

Thanks Rob,
I rolled off a fair bit of the top end off the bass in the final mix which seemed to allow the fundamental frequencies more space to shine both with bass & the kick.
It helps when people point out stuff I don't hear.

#509437 - 12/14/18 07:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
ray,

This sounds really good.

A nice balance and really driving.

Good job.

#510774 - 12/18/18 03:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We forgot to adjust the volume beforehand. No problem...we picked up the monitors and put them back on the shelf smile

There's enough drive here for three good rock tunes.

We agree with all said and will mention that we very much like the slightly more upfront vocal than we typically hear with this rock style.

Rock on!

J&B

#511298 - 12/20/18 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: CCS Mixed & Masteredconcluded the process here's the mas [Re: rayc]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Ray,o

yessiree, it sounds great !!! And apart from that it's got everything a heavy rocking tune gotta have. Very cool, good drive.

Love that three-(or four?)part harmony. And that feedback at the end reminds me of times of old when I would never have expected that that crazy sound could ever cause heavy tinnitus that you can't get rid of. But it did grin

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Forum Stats
33055 Members
68 Forums
66587 Topics
566430 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Runar Hartvigsen, EEB, Karuso, Yabby, blueswanabe

33054 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 153
Planobilly 132