Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#489065 - 09/02/18 08:25 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Noel96]
Loc: San Diego, California
dunbar7376 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California
Thank you, Noel and Matt.

Indeed, the default was on medium and I have set it to high.

As far as Matt's very thorough advice, I know what I will be doing for the Labor Day holiday tomorrow!

Tom.

#493476 - 09/29/18 12:41 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Evenios Offline
Enthusiast

nice info a bit of a shame the recording are not 24 bit audio instead of 16 as 24 bit is now the industry standard but to be honest as long as its cd quality i guess not a big deal :-) might get the new one once there is a sale i suspect this winter.

#493786 - 10/01/18 03:58 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
If you like the idea of 24 bit Audiophile Edition RealTracks then please support my August 27, 2015 wishlist request by adding a +1 post to the thread.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#508265 - 12/10/18 08:13 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
PatrickCambier Offline

Hi all,
I understand the difference between WAV and WMA format. I'm interested to move to audiophile edition but is it possible to get from PGMusic 2 samples of a style -if possible jazz or bossa (one in WMA and one in WAV) to ear the difference ?

Thx

Patrick

#508477 - 12/10/18 06:59 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

You could send an email to sales@pgmusic.com and ask.

An .MP3 posted here wouldn’t show any difference because the .MP3 would be compressed. And once we have the audiophile version, the program uses only the .WAV files.
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2019 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#512768 - 12/26/18 06:46 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

To my knowledge, the info in this thread is still applicable for BIAB 2019.
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2019 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#529297 - 03/19/19 01:46 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Peter K. Hewer Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you Matt for this info.

Peter

#529669 - 03/21/19 11:07 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

Glad it may have helped, Peter. Thank you.

#543235 - 06/28/19 12:54 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

I wanted to send an appreciation to Joanne Cooper, performer and PG Music forums contributor, for republishing my article as this month's feature in her blog. Here's the current link: https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog?p=1

Thank you, Joanne!

#546155 - 07/20/19 08:00 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Mike Halloran Offline
Apprentice

What I find a little annoying about all this is that PG Music insists on delivering the Audiophile version on USB 3 drives. Between BIAB and Komplete, I have a shelf filling up with drives that I've used exactly once. My VIs and BAIB libraries are installed onto 2GB and 4GB SATA III SSDs as soon as I get them — far less clutter.

Is internet access on Vancouver Isle so slow that electronic delivery is not possible?

I'll admit that Native Instruments is a bit more puzzling. You can download Komplete and all upgrades but they send you the HDD anyway. What the???

And what's this ASCAP vs BMI nonsense anyway? The real enemy is someone else.

#546264 - 07/22/19 01:40 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

You’re right, the mention of BMI and ASCAP was an aside that is not relevant.

Your first comment belongs with others in the Wishlist. There have been good discussions there about requesting another form of delivery, particularly for those in Europe who have to pay the VAT on the value of each drive. Find one of those and contribute your support.

Those are wonderfully large SSD drives you have. I would guess most users do not have them that large yet, especially that one poster in this thread with a laptop. But if you feel ‘the need - for speed’, check out PCie drives. That’s my next wish!

#546485 - 07/23/19 08:56 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Mike Halloran Offline
Apprentice

Quote:
Those are wonderfully large SSD drives you have.

Prices have come way down... A 2TB MX500 is now $207 on Amazon and a 4TB 860 QVO is around $399. Plenty of 1TB drives under $100.

SATA III SSDs are just as fast over USB 3, 3.1, Thunderbolt 1/2/3, in a PCI card, SATA, eSATA... the SSD is the bottleneck. I get pushback whenever I post this but I've done the bench testing that proves this.
Quote:
But if you feel ‘the need - for speed’, check out PCie drives. That’s my next wish!

On the boot drive, oh yea. A fast 2TB 970 EVO is down to $479 while the slower 660p is now under $200. For external or additional internals, a waste of money for music production but, if doing video, heck yea.

Here's what they don't tell Mac owners: Over Thunderbolt 3, the maximum number of data lanes is 4. A single NVMe 3 x4 blade in a Samsung X5 is about as fast as a pair RAID 0 in a twin enclosure (the slots become x2) or a quad where the slots become x1. Fine for JBOD but not for speed.

If I needed PCIe storage, I'd order up a Mac Pro in a couple of months and sell my iMac Pro. I'll assume that your PC could take them now. With fast blades such as the 970 EVO, it'll scream. Even the slow, inexpensive blades such as the Intel 660p have way more than enough giddyup for audio. I installed a 660p into my daughter's mid-2015 MacBook Pro and that rocks over the AHCI that Apple installed.

SATA III externals are fine for anything I'm doing now and, if I needed faster, a 2TB X5 is $800—with 2 TB3 busses, I could connect a pair without a speed hit.

#555115 - 09/16/19 04:35 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

Mike, you have some really good knowledge in this area. My knowledge is increasingly aging out. Since you are from a certain area of California, might you be connected with one of the fine companies there?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Congratulations RealTracks Artist Cory Pesaturo!

RealTracks Artist Cory Pesaturo is at it again, adding the following to his awards library (he humbly refers to it as his 'Lifetime Achievement Type of award' - three now!) this past weekend: The Las Vegas International Accordion Convention's Honorary Conductor Award, recognizing his distinguished contribution to Accordion Music, education, and culture through Artistry and Performance - CONGRATULATIONS CORY!

With more than 20 RealTracks available (Sets 268, 292, 293, 306, 312, 313, and 314), you'll definitely find something you like from our RealTracks Artist Cory Pesaturo! Get them for $29 per set, or add them ALL when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile package.

Mac user? Click here.

Get your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAK Today!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which has been EXTENDED to October 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Special Extended!

The verdict is in, and everyone agrees that Xtra Styles PAK 7 is incredible!

There are 164 unbelievable new RealStyles that await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some surprising new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

The possibilities seem endless with these fully-produced styles, like atmospheric folk, Western swing chicken pickin', dreamy Southern rock, smooth jazz with world percussion, Brazilian samba, acoustic grunge, and '90s R&B. We've even included two great new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles! Do yourself a favor and take home this comprehensive and imaginative collection of styles today!

SPECIAL EXTENDED!!! Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until October 31st! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here.

Mac user? You'll find your Xtra Styles PAKs here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Forum Stats
30256 Members
62 Forums
60280 Topics
508763 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Joe Z, expertsupremehil, cocktailbars, moneymfd, Joseph Baruch

30256 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 171
Noel96 151