You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#490024 - 09/09/18 11:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Can I store the RealTracks/RealDrums on a different hard drive than the Band-in-a-Box program?
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

66. Can I store the RealTracks and RealDrums on a different hard drive than the Band-in-a-Box® program?

Yes. The "RealTracks" and "Drums" folders, which are normally located in your /Applications/Band-in-a-Box® folder, contain all of the audio files, so if you have a lot of RealTracks and RealDrums these folders will be quite large. Moving them to a different hard drive allows you to free up disk space on your system drive if you need to. To move them, you can simply select those two folders and drag them to a different location. This may take a while to copy, depending on how many RealTracks you have and how fast your computer is. It is also possible to install these folders to a custom location if you choose the [CUSTOMIZE] option during installation.

You don't need to worry about moving the 'RealTracks - Demos', Drums - Demos', or anything other folders; these folders should stay in the Band-in-a-Box® folder.

Either way, you need to specify the location of the folders in Band-in-a-Box® before you will be able to use them, if they are located anywhere outside your main Band-in-a-Box® folder. To do this, go to Windows | RealTracks, and Windows | RealDrums and specify the custom location in the Preferences dialogs.

#513293 - 12/28/18 07:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Re: Can I store the RealTracks/RealDrums on a different hard drive than the Band-in-a-Box program? [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Here's my subcategory question:

I've got four huge internal hard drives, none of which alone is still large enough by now to store the Audiophile RT audio (uncompressed), but as far as I know you can only store RTs and RDs as a whole in an all-or-nothing way.
So, my thought was, in order to make the best use of the remaining space of the other two drives, could I utilise the aliases trick?

Moderator:  Blake 
PG Music News
French Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft

This video demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft - click here to watch...

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 627 Available

An Update Patch is available to all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users - Build 267! Learn more here.

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Using an external plugin (from the menu Audio > Plugin) would always launch the plugin in English instead of the chosen language in Band-in-a-Box.

German Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Paket
Was ist neu?

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 266 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® for Mac users! Update your Version 2018 with our latest patch, Build 266 here!

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Pressing play might freeze the program if your song has no RealDrums selected and includes style changes at any bar.
Fixed: The Audio Devices window might freeze if re-selecting the same audio device.
Improved: If using unusual audio device settings (eg. bluetooth headphones with a very low sample rate), a warning message will be shown that directs the user to the macOS Audio Device window to adjust their settings.
Fixed: The file open dialog for choosing a custom RealTracks folder would fail.

Requested Video - Using the BB VST Plugin in RealBand!

Did you know that you can use the Band-in-a-Box® VST Plugin in RealBand (but you don't have to...)? Tobin explains this in detail with our latest video - Watch now...

Video - Part 2 How to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat?

This is a continuation of the video on how to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat, but now we are including rests!

Watch the video

Forum Stats
29338 Members
60 Forums
57745 Topics
484252 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hollowbody175, ClausC, maria sri, Slingweber, Jojje Sweden

29338 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141