You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#516729 - 01/10/19 09:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] 49 of your problems solved post
Loc: West Virginia
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hi Peter, in the company post referenced, I noticed this answer:

A. Our VST DAW plugin has up to 14 tracks available -twice the number of the desktop version!

Can I surmise from this statement that the priority of PGM is shifting towards the plugin for other DAWs? Will these additional tracks be incorporated into the desktop version?

I'm still with BIAB 2017 and didn't see enough in 2019 to compel me to upgrade at this time. If this is the only way I'll get additional, new, or premier tracks, then I guess it's time to learn a new DAW and go with the plugin? I was told my customer service that RealBand is still 16-bit while BIAB moved to 64-bit. Sounds like RealBand won't be updated and improved either Thanks.

Edited by Warren Keller (01/10/19 04:18 PM)

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist/Producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion
Tune 9 Music- SESAC

#516733 - 01/10/19 10:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I'm not Peter but I can answer that the new VST Plugin is indeed the only [non-kludge] way to get more tracks in BIAB than you already have. Of course, only PG Music can answer the question of whether the plan is to extend that into the 'regular' versions of BIAB. It's a good question.
BIAB 2022 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Swam horns, Audition, Notion 7; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#516821 - 01/10/19 04:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

While there is a limit of 8 tracks in BIAB, using the same techniques that artists, engineers and producers have done since the invention of multitracks, one can easily generate dozens of tracks and dozens of instruments in a BIAB song without use of a DAW, RealBand or any type of external recording other than BIAB. It can be done without the degradation that had to be dealt with in analog recording so multitrack recordings completed in a BIAB project are for all practical purposes, first generation quality tracks.

Among all the new features, midi and RealStyles and RealTracks, BIAb upgraded the medley feature making it easier to control and use the already existing 10 instrument per channel (track) of the BIAB Mixer. Utilizing the Medley feature in conjunction with creating sub-mix (mix buss) and the bounce technique where you are creating sub mixes commonly known today as Stems, It's easy and fast to create a song completely within the BIAB program with 70 instruments and two dozen tracks. More if it's desired or necessary.

Sub Mixes and Bouncing techniques will work in 2017 BIAB and any version since the inception of the Audio Track and Performance Tracks.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (01/11/19 11:19 AM)

#516823 - 01/10/19 04:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Pawling New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

The idea of the plugin is to help build songs in a full featured DAW, where it can be mixed and mastered down with tracks added in the DAW like instruments played or vocals or whatever.

Over the years there is always clamor to turn BiaB into a full multitrack studio with all the trappings of a Cubase or Cakewalk. I don't think this will ever happen since it has not yet and the plugin bridges the gap. Why not ask Cubase to add all the generation features of BiaB? that will never happen cause it would take years of development to do that and years of frustration as you try to make that happen through the patches and builds it would take to stabilize a major change like that.

Now PGM might open up the mixer like in the plugin and that might be cool. I hope they continue on this path of development and not try to add to much to BiaB but really fix all its little niggles. Just look at the growing pains with the VSTi. I would hate to see the Big program go through that much change. Let's see what comes of the plugin first and get 64 bit stable. Which by the way is running pretty good here.
Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Studio one Pro latest version, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.

#516826 - 01/10/19 04:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Matt and Charlie, perhaps I misinterpreted Peter's post which appears to be pulled at the moment? Are we just talking available tracks in Band in the Box? Agreed, that's no big deal at all. RealBand has 48 tracks! I took it to mean that there are double the passes (14) of performances on RealTracks, rather than 7 in 12 keys. I think that's what he said, but again I can't find that post now.

Tune 9 Music- SESAC

#516864 - 01/10/19 07:09 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Matt and Charlie, perhaps I misinterpreted Peter's post which appears to be pulled at the moment?

I think the post is still available, here
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#516930 - 01/11/19 06:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Right on Charlie.
I used to know how to edit tracks with a razor blade. Keep this stuff in perspective.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#516932 - 01/11/19 06:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Ihaven't looked but is the ability to stack players onto a single track in BIAB no longer available?
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#516977 - 01/11/19 09:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

"Our VST DAW plugin has up to 14 tracks available -twice the number of the desktop version!" I think I totally misinterpreted this. It's talking about the number of open tracks available, not more RealTracks performances being available, correct? I jumped to a conclusion based on Soloists having 7 passes.

Edited by Warren Keller (01/11/19 09:44 AM)

Tune 9 Music- SESAC

#516993 - 01/11/19 10:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: Warren Keller]
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Easy to get cornfussed with these thangs!
Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Studio one Pro latest version, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.

#517002 - 01/11/19 11:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 49 of your problems solved post [Re: silvertones]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: silvertones
I haven't looked but is the ability to stack players onto a single track in BIAB no longer available?

Just the opposite. It's not only still available, but the Medley option has been expanded in version 2019 so that each individual instrument on a channel can have the volume level adjusted. Open up the RealTrack Picker and the page has been modified to include a new box to set the volume for each individual instrument. Also, though I haven't tested this yet, count the number of additional instrument tracks allowed to be added and there's 10. The First slot has the original RealTrack inserted and then 10 additional tracks for a total of 11 tracks per channel. There are several selections to how these tracks play on the song project, including have all the tracks play simultaneously. As far as I can tell, these instrument changes are also automatically cross faded because I never have issues of the two instruments interfering with each other. Also note these instruments do not have to be different instruments such as flute, trumpet, sax, etc. PGMusic also created new Medley RealStyles for 2019.

Track instruments can be variations of the same instrument by the same artist. For instance, use a strumming acoustic guitar by session artist A from one style and a Fingerpick acoustic guitar by session artist A from another style and you'll likely be getting the same guitar being played by the same artist and they may work great together with your song. Similarly, if a guitar by artist B plays different strumming patterns between A Part markers and B Part Markers and the artist is included in another Style that he plays different Part A and B strumming patterns that vary from the first Style, you possibly can get 4 different strumming patterns for your song, all on the same channel, with the same guitar by the same artist. Using the StylePicker in BIAB can be very useful in finding complimentary instruments by the same artist.

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36561 Members
64 Forums
75768 Topics
667808 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
sullivan1973, waylonfbrooks, smithpick, jamit, UnconfuseU

36560 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 153
justanoldmuso 85