Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#520489 - 01/26/19 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Scat! (a co-write with Peter)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

SCAT!

Another silly little ditty that gives Janice a chance to “play” a solo grin Thanks to Peter for joining in and to PG Music for enabling us to have so much fun!

Both comments and your time to listen are always appreciated.

Scat!
©️2019 Bud, Janice and Peter

Vocal: Janice > Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Logic Pro X > Nectar 2
Guitar Solo: Peter
Guitar Electric Rhythm: Peter

Guitar Acoustic Rhythm: RT 2676 Blues Shuffle / Waves CLA Unplugged
Drums: RD Blues Rock Shuffle / Waves CLA Drums
Drums: RD Blues Rock Shuffle / Snare only / Neutron 2
Congas: RD Conga Shuffle / Neutron 2 / EMT 140 Reverb sim
Tambourine: RD Tambourine Shuffle / EMT 140 Reverb sim
Bass Acoustic: Comped from RT 931 Jazz Waltz (walking) and RT 1206 Gypsy Jazz Ballad / Waves Bass Rider / Neutron 2
Piano: MidiSuperTrack 1800 Texas Blues Rock / Logic Pro X Grand Steinway sound / Ozone Imager / Neutron 2 / EMT 140 Reverb sim

Mix: Logic Pro X
Mastering: Ozone EQ > Waves LinMB > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance

SCAT!

YOU USED TO SOAR HIGH WITH THE EAGLES
NOW DAYS YOU’RE RUNNING RUNNING WITH THE WEASELS
JUST HANGING, HANGING WITH THE OLD RABBLE
WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT

I’VE BEEN TRYING TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY
IT AIN’T CHANGING NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY
NOW I GOT ANOTHER MAN WANTING TO PLAY
WHY DONCHA SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT

OR MAYBE I WILL, YEAH, I’LL SCAT

YEAH, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO SCAT! SCAT!
MOVE ON NOW, MOVE ON, THAT’S WHERE IT’S AT
MOVE ON NOW I AIN’T GONNA BE YOUR DOORMAT
WHY DONCHA SCAT SCAT THINK ABOUT THAT
YEAH, MOVE ON NOW, I AIN’T GONNA BE YOUR DOORMAT
WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, MMMMM, THINK ABOUT THAT

#520491 - 01/26/19 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Teletwanger Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Very nice. I love your voice. Nice guitar solo. You've got that Clapton woman tone. Sweet.

#520512 - 01/26/19 12:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Think about that... I like the solo of that Scat!

Very cool bluezy jazz or jazzy blues. Do not know where is that line of separation. Besides that everything is great on it from guitar to vocals to production, I do have a comment. I think that Janice should do more of these "chance" solos and more of these silly little ditties smile This is true music.

Thank you!

Misha.

#520518 - 01/26/19 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Well done Janice, Bud, and Peter! This was wonderful and I found this very easy to listen. The vibe was very appealing and has a good tone on the guitar. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Great collaboration!

#520529 - 01/26/19 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
What a pleasant surprise to find a new release...
I always look forward to hearing one of your new polished apples. smile
I love the play of words & your quote from Louie.
Just another solid performance!

#520540 - 01/26/19 01:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I suppose telling you that I was smiling and bobbing my head along the entire time wouldn't suffice as a comment?

Where I'm struggling is I'm trying to put into words what I really liked about the guitar that has no words and the scatting which aren't words either.

Is it enough just to say this song is all about feel and that's what it does exceptionally well! I absolutely loved it. It was fun to listen to. The solos were fantastic as where the production and just writing overall to showcase the talent.

Great job you three!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#520548 - 01/26/19 01:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Teletwanger]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
Very nice. I love your voice. Nice guitar solo. You've got that Clapton woman tone. Sweet.

Thanks!!

J&B

#520566 - 01/26/19 03:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool intro. Backtrack really gets you boppin. Janice's vocal was superb. The scatting was awesome. Peters solo was also very cool. Nice collaboration

#520589 - 01/26/19 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Think about that... I like the solo of that Scat!

Very cool bluezy jazz or jazzy blues. Do not know where is that line of separation. Besides that everything is great on it from guitar to vocals to production, I do have a comment. I think that Janice should do more of these "chance" solos and more of these silly little ditties smile This is true music.

Thank you!

Misha.

Hey, we much appreciate that review! And thanks for mentioning her “solo.” She did it on one take. I’ve been suggesting to her that she have a go at scatting. She’s always singing guitar parts smile

Bud

#520613 - 01/26/19 07:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Well done Janice, Bud, and Peter! This was wonderful and I found this very easy to listen. The vibe was very appealing and has a good tone on the guitar. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Great collaboration!

Hey, it’s always nice to hear from PG Music! We are excited that you liked it. Thanks!

J&B

#520630 - 01/26/19 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Wow! What a nice song.
Janice's voice is so warm and nice to listen to. It is a very uplifting and enjoyable song.

Thank you very much for sharing it with us!
Will

#520638 - 01/26/19 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Always nice to hear this familiar rock'n'roll formula well produced and with excellent vocals, that scat is refreshing addition.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#520654 - 01/27/19 01:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.
This shuffle blues sounds as it was a very high quality live session. Christian

#520666 - 01/27/19 03:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, how much fun was that?!

Loved this from start to finish.

That "WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT" line is a nice hook, stays with you after the song is over.

The scat is awesome (overused word I know, but it fits), and Peter as usual is right on the money with his guitar work.

And as usual the mix is perfection.

Nice one you three!

#520694 - 01/27/19 06:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Jim]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
What a pleasant surprise to find a new release...
I always look forward to hearing one of your new polished apples. smile
I love the play of words & your quote from Louie.
Just another solid performance!

Jim, thanks and we’re glad you liked the Louis Armstrong quote!

J&B

#520773 - 01/27/19 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I suppose telling you that I was smiling and bobbing my head along the entire time wouldn't suffice as a comment?

Where I'm struggling is I'm trying to put into words what I really liked about the guitar that has no words and the scatting which aren't words either.

Is it enough just to say this song is all about feel and that's what it does exceptionally well! I absolutely loved it. It was fun to listen to. The solos were fantastic as where the production and just writing overall to showcase the talent.

Great job you three!

Hey, thanks for those remarks. And, yes, feel is THE word. Three chords like this or more complex...what matters to us in singing and playing in any genre is feel - soul. We may not be able to well articulate it but we know when it ain’t there! We appreciate your thoughts.

J&B

#520775 - 01/27/19 02:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Teletwanger]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thanks for the Clapton reference - appreciate that.

Peter

#520811 - 01/27/19 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Hey Ella, I mean Janice awesome!!!

what a joy to listen to this toe tapping shuffle

Peter, I think you get better and better, so nice

Bud, super song

enjoyed!

Kenny

#520860 - 01/28/19 03:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
This is lots of fun. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#520865 - 01/28/19 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice, Bud & Peter,

What an awesome song! Some great guitar and production. Love the rhythm of this tune...

Of course, the vocal is outrageously good - Janice has all the scatting swagger of Carmen McRae - just so good!

Loved it all!

Bob

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today our friends in the USA are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Our hours are not affected - we are here until 6pm PST!

We hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Forum Stats
33226 Members
67 Forums
66150 Topics
567313 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ChrisCoburgDe, Douglas Crane, tntxcarl, Jartsu, mpt

33225 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 196