Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#520489 - 01/26/19 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Scat! (a co-write with Peter)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

SCAT!

Another silly little ditty that gives Janice a chance to “play” a solo grin Thanks to Peter for joining in and to PG Music for enabling us to have so much fun!

Both comments and your time to listen are always appreciated.

Scat!
©️2019 Bud, Janice and Peter

Vocal: Janice > Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Logic Pro X > Nectar 2
Guitar Solo: Peter
Guitar Electric Rhythm: Peter

Guitar Acoustic Rhythm: RT 2676 Blues Shuffle / Waves CLA Unplugged
Drums: RD Blues Rock Shuffle / Waves CLA Drums
Drums: RD Blues Rock Shuffle / Snare only / Neutron 2
Congas: RD Conga Shuffle / Neutron 2 / EMT 140 Reverb sim
Tambourine: RD Tambourine Shuffle / EMT 140 Reverb sim
Bass Acoustic: Comped from RT 931 Jazz Waltz (walking) and RT 1206 Gypsy Jazz Ballad / Waves Bass Rider / Neutron 2
Piano: MidiSuperTrack 1800 Texas Blues Rock / Logic Pro X Grand Steinway sound / Ozone Imager / Neutron 2 / EMT 140 Reverb sim

Mix: Logic Pro X
Mastering: Ozone EQ > Waves LinMB > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance

SCAT!

YOU USED TO SOAR HIGH WITH THE EAGLES
NOW DAYS YOU’RE RUNNING RUNNING WITH THE WEASELS
JUST HANGING, HANGING WITH THE OLD RABBLE
WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT

I’VE BEEN TRYING TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY
IT AIN’T CHANGING NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY
NOW I GOT ANOTHER MAN WANTING TO PLAY
WHY DONCHA SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT

OR MAYBE I WILL, YEAH, I’LL SCAT

YEAH, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO SCAT! SCAT!
MOVE ON NOW, MOVE ON, THAT’S WHERE IT’S AT
MOVE ON NOW I AIN’T GONNA BE YOUR DOORMAT
WHY DONCHA SCAT SCAT THINK ABOUT THAT
YEAH, MOVE ON NOW, I AIN’T GONNA BE YOUR DOORMAT
WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, MMMMM, THINK ABOUT THAT

#520491 - 01/26/19 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Teletwanger Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Very nice. I love your voice. Nice guitar solo. You've got that Clapton woman tone. Sweet.

#520512 - 01/26/19 12:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Think about that... I like the solo of that Scat!

Very cool bluezy jazz or jazzy blues. Do not know where is that line of separation. Besides that everything is great on it from guitar to vocals to production, I do have a comment. I think that Janice should do more of these "chance" solos and more of these silly little ditties smile This is true music.

Thank you!

Misha.

#520518 - 01/26/19 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Well done Janice, Bud, and Peter! This was wonderful and I found this very easy to listen. The vibe was very appealing and has a good tone on the guitar. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Great collaboration!

#520529 - 01/26/19 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
What a pleasant surprise to find a new release...
I always look forward to hearing one of your new polished apples. smile
I love the play of words & your quote from Louie.
Just another solid performance!

#520540 - 01/26/19 01:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I suppose telling you that I was smiling and bobbing my head along the entire time wouldn't suffice as a comment?

Where I'm struggling is I'm trying to put into words what I really liked about the guitar that has no words and the scatting which aren't words either.

Is it enough just to say this song is all about feel and that's what it does exceptionally well! I absolutely loved it. It was fun to listen to. The solos were fantastic as where the production and just writing overall to showcase the talent.

Great job you three!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#520548 - 01/26/19 01:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Teletwanger]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
Very nice. I love your voice. Nice guitar solo. You've got that Clapton woman tone. Sweet.

Thanks!!

J&B

#520566 - 01/26/19 03:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool intro. Backtrack really gets you boppin. Janice's vocal was superb. The scatting was awesome. Peters solo was also very cool. Nice collaboration

#520589 - 01/26/19 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Think about that... I like the solo of that Scat!

Very cool bluezy jazz or jazzy blues. Do not know where is that line of separation. Besides that everything is great on it from guitar to vocals to production, I do have a comment. I think that Janice should do more of these "chance" solos and more of these silly little ditties smile This is true music.

Thank you!

Misha.

Hey, we much appreciate that review! And thanks for mentioning her “solo.” She did it on one take. I’ve been suggesting to her that she have a go at scatting. She’s always singing guitar parts smile

Bud

#520613 - 01/26/19 07:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Well done Janice, Bud, and Peter! This was wonderful and I found this very easy to listen. The vibe was very appealing and has a good tone on the guitar. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Great collaboration!

Hey, it’s always nice to hear from PG Music! We are excited that you liked it. Thanks!

J&B

#520630 - 01/26/19 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Wow! What a nice song.
Janice's voice is so warm and nice to listen to. It is a very uplifting and enjoyable song.

Thank you very much for sharing it with us!
Will

#520638 - 01/26/19 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Always nice to hear this familiar rock'n'roll formula well produced and with excellent vocals, that scat is refreshing addition.

Janne

#520654 - 01/27/19 01:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.
This shuffle blues sounds as it was a very high quality live session. Christian

#520666 - 01/27/19 03:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, how much fun was that?!

Loved this from start to finish.

That "WHY DONCHA SCAT, SCAT, THINK ABOUT THAT" line is a nice hook, stays with you after the song is over.

The scat is awesome (overused word I know, but it fits), and Peter as usual is right on the money with his guitar work.

And as usual the mix is perfection.

Nice one you three!

Blue Attitude Website

#520694 - 01/27/19 06:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Jim]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
What a pleasant surprise to find a new release...
I always look forward to hearing one of your new polished apples. smile
I love the play of words & your quote from Louie.
Just another solid performance!

Jim, thanks and we’re glad you liked the Louis Armstrong quote!

J&B

#520773 - 01/27/19 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I suppose telling you that I was smiling and bobbing my head along the entire time wouldn't suffice as a comment?

Where I'm struggling is I'm trying to put into words what I really liked about the guitar that has no words and the scatting which aren't words either.

Is it enough just to say this song is all about feel and that's what it does exceptionally well! I absolutely loved it. It was fun to listen to. The solos were fantastic as where the production and just writing overall to showcase the talent.

Great job you three!

Hey, thanks for those remarks. And, yes, feel is THE word. Three chords like this or more complex...what matters to us in singing and playing in any genre is feel - soul. We may not be able to well articulate it but we know when it ain’t there! We appreciate your thoughts.

J&B

#520775 - 01/27/19 02:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Teletwanger]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thanks for the Clapton reference - appreciate that.

Peter

#520811 - 01/27/19 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Hey Ella, I mean Janice awesome!!!

what a joy to listen to this toe tapping shuffle

Peter, I think you get better and better, so nice

Bud, super song

enjoyed!

Kenny

#520860 - 01/28/19 03:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
This is lots of fun. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#520865 - 01/28/19 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Scat! (a co-write with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice, Bud & Peter,

What an awesome song! Some great guitar and production. Love the rhythm of this tune...

Of course, the vocal is outrageously good - Janice has all the scatting swagger of Carmen McRae - just so good!

Loved it all!

Bob

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32847 Members
68 Forums
66157 Topics
561802 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
live the dream, ROCQK, faturner, AveryT, Hans Franz 12

32847 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 170
VideoTrack 150