Index
#523920 - 02/11/19 03:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Notation Question
Loc: Nr Windsor, UK
GAJ52 Offline
Enthusiast

Hi

I'm using BIAB 2019.

If I go into the Notation screen, then Editable notation and insert a note on the first beat of bar one it lasts for 1 bar and 3 beats (4/4 time), no problem so far. If I then add a note in bar 2 at beat 2, I get a rest at beat 1 of bar 2 - why ?

Why does a rest appear in between the two notes, what am I missing ?

Glen

#523921 - 02/11/19 03:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Notation Question [Re: GAJ52]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

I'm not at my computer, but there is a default length of a note that is, I think, 90%. So when you enter a new note at bar 2, beat 2, it knows that the first note has to end before the second note starts, and it leaves a space before the second note.

You can change the default length.
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#523923 - 02/11/19 03:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Notation Question [Re: GAJ52]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Glen,

I just tried the above in both BIAB 32bit and BIAB 64-bit and the note tied correctly from beat 1 (bar 1) to beat 1 (bar 2) -- in other words, I did not get the rest you mention.

Do you have the latest build installed? We are presently up to #617. It can be downloaded and manually installed from the following link.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Also, are you entering the notes on the Melody track?

Regards,
Noel

#523924 - 02/11/19 03:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Notation Question [Re: GAJ52]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Found it.

Go to Help, Notation Window - Options More.

It's 80% as the default.

EDIT: However, I also got what Noel got - no rest in the Editable Notation Mode. If I switch back to the Regular Notation Mode, I see the rest at beat one in measure two. I think that's explained by what I mentioned before. And, of course, you can change the length of the note manually in a few ways so you don't see the rest.

Edited by Matt Finley (02/11/19 03:55 PM)
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#523997 - 02/12/19 02:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Notation Question [Re: Matt Finley]
GAJ52 Offline
Enthusiast

Matt, Noel

Many thanks for your help.

I think Matt found the answer with the note length defaulting to 80%. If I entered the notes as in my original post, then selected the Staff Roll Notation, the first note length (blue line) only fractionally went past the Bar 2 line. Changing the default note length to 90% has solved the problem and the rest no longer appears.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Glen

PG Music News
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)

Monday, February 18th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.

Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.

There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.

Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!

The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

With over 2,700 RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, you may find this "Selecting the Best RealTracks for your Song" video helpful! In this video we go over the "select best RealTracks" dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch.

For more information on this feature, visit the Chapter 6 | Using RealTracks in Songs

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview

Get to know the Band-in-a-Box® Soloist feature with our latest video: Watch now...

Read more about this feature within our Online manual: Chapter 6 | Adding Solo - "The Soloist"

Video - The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Extended Version!

This video is the EXTENDED VERSION of our previous video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Click here to watch.

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Forum Stats
28947 Members
60 Forums
56872 Topics
475060 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rippytown, Marty Nemanick, MALAPP10, RealTheo, denmark77

28946 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 223
Noel96 194