You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#490452 - 09/11/18 01:13 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] I cannot hear the metronome when using a DXi or VSTi synth.
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

93. I cannot hear the metronome when using a DXi or VSTi synth.

Using a software synth (DXi or VSTi plugin) for the metronome is only supported when you are using ASIO drivers. To switch to ASIO drivers, go to Options | Preferences | Audio. If your computer doesn't have an ASIO driver installed, try the ASIO4ALL driver, which you can download from the internet. You will also need to set a reasonably low latency, such as 40ms or less. Then, go into Options | Metronome and set the Port number between 17 and 32, depending on which DXi/VSTi soft synth you want to use. The default soft synth is port number 32.

#509063 - 12/12/18 08:26 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: I cannot hear the metronome when using a DXi or VSTi synth. [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Akron, Oh
Now that I read your post, I understand why, after slapping my forehead, my metronome wasn't working. I stumbled upon the answer last night, and had I read this months ago, make that YEARS ago, I would have had to drink a lot less Pepto Bismol about why my metronome suddenly stopped working. It "suddenly" stopped working when I changed to ASIO drivers on my Focusrite interface. Of course I will give myself a pass because you just posted this on 11-18, even knowing that this resolution has been there all along.

The only thing I changed was I changed the sound from hi hat to sidestick and cut the levels down some.

Breathe, grasshopper, breathe......

#524645 - 02/15/19 09:34 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: I cannot hear the metronome when using a DXi or VSTi synth. [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We also offer ALL this information on our Support | FAQ pages: https://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm
(Definitely worth bookmarking!)

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Polish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Istnieje wiele ekscytujących nowych funkcji w Band-in-a-Box 2019!

Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019: Pakiety
Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019 dla Windows : Nowych Funkcji

Spanish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 para Windows® está aquí!

Nuevas características
Todos los Paquetes

Video - Repeats & Endings Dialog Overview for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, video we go over the Repeats & Endings Dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Learn more...

This video includes information on repeats, 1st/2nd endings, dc al coda, ds al coda, dc al fine, ds al fine, and Fake Sheet Mode.

Testimonial - Woody Piano Shack's Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box®

Check out our latest Video Testimonial from Woody of Woody Piano Shack! Woody uses Band-in-a-Box primarily as a training tool within his YouTube channel and private lessons. He's been a Band-in-a-Box user since the Atari ST days, and is very impressed with the evolution of our program - watch and you'll see! Click here...

Video - Audio Harmony Overview in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

We've updated our Audio Harmony Overview video using the latest Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Windows program! Watch now...

Learn even more about Audio Harmonies using the Online Manual, here.

Danish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 til Windows® er klar!

Pakker
Nye funktioner

Dutch Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 voor Windows® is hier!

Pakketten
Nieuwe Functies

Forum Stats
29498 Members
60 Forums
58134 Topics
488380 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
CSS, Bill Shafer, KLB, Emily, Tigz

29498 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)