Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Does anyone here honestly believe that if members posting their original versions of public domain songs were a problem that Peter and his legal team wouldn't have put a stop to it by 2019?

I can't believe how ridiculous this thread has gone. A discussion supposedly concerned about covering copyrighted songs has devolved into this. It might be amusing if it wasn't so downright sad.

+1

If the goal is really to enforce the rules, debating it in the forum is the wrong approach. We have no power of enforcement. The matter should be directed to PGMusic, and no doubt they will do whatever they think is appropriate.

On the other hand, if the goal is mainly just to stir the $#!+, then things are going along according to plan. No change required.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow.... this has gone to some serious nit picking and hard stances.

PG simply asks that you don't violate the copyright laws.

The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

Yes, the wording says songs must be originals. However, until the PG legal team weighs in and gives a ruling on this.... suffice it to say ....

Original intent of the law... or rule, in this case is to kindly request that users post songs that are not violations of the copyright laws.

In order to conform to "not a violation of copyright law" one would simply have to do one of two things. Either write an original song or secure the license and therefore the rights, to use the song. When you buy the license.... you do in fact have ALL Rights to use that song in the manner prescribed in your license agreement. And if you have an online license, you can post it here legally.

Prove me wrong. wink

Peter Gannon is free to comment and the only one who can actually comment with authority and a definitive statement one way or the other. ( Or his legal team... and you know he has one )

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
All of this because a mute veteran who lives in a nursing home and is the biggest supporter of PGMusic decided to post some of his earlier songs, sharing some of the best days of his life to his friends here! This thread makes me sick!

If this is an issue you and I can't do a thing about it and all it has caused is some hurt feelings.

If this was an issue the PGMusic would have stopped it my now. Some from the company have even posted that they liked the songs.

If anyone has an issue like this they should complain to PGMusic.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Mario

I sincerely hope this is not the case that is an awful shame if it is so.
“All of this because a mute veteran who lives in a nursing home and is the biggest supporter of PGMusic decided to post some of his earlier songs, sharing some of the best days of his life to his friends here! This thread makes me sick!”

I don’t like Hymns on here myself so I don’t listen, but I’m sure some do.
If I wanted hymns I would go to church. I don’t come on a music forum to be preached to!
Anyway surely that comes under religion? Original or otherwise.

Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
if public domain were wrong here why are the folders of BiaB filled with them.

why does someone always have to take others to the wood shed. geeeeez folks listen to the ones you like and don't listen to the other songs. post what you feel is appropriate, and forget telling others what they can and cant do. lastly leave the police work to the police. if we step over the line PGM will correct it as they have in the past. that is why they hire and pay moderators for the forums

what a childish and fruitless conversation this has been

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm going to have one final input on this topic. It's time it was closed as this has caused more bad feeling than anything else I've seen on here for a few years

Off-Topic
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: RobH

why does someone always have to take others to the wood shed. geeeeez folks listen to the ones you like and don't listen to the other songs. post what you feel is appropriate, and forget telling others what they can and cant do.

lastly leave the police work to the police. if we step over the line PGM will correct it as they have in the past. that is why they hire and pay moderators for the forums

Amen!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's curious to note that radio stations around the world are airing my COVERS without question.

Taken to the extreme, it's probably a copyright infringement to sit around the campfire with friends and sing John Denver songs.

Perhaps if money were involved but that is not the case here. Rather, it's a group of international friends bonding closer by sharing their music. In this divisive world, I think we need much more of that, not less.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I don’t have a dog in this fight because I don’t post my music to the forums; not because I don’t have original material and not because I don’t use BIAB in my recordings but because my final recordings end up being not enough BIAB to make it a showcase of what BIAB can do. There are some very obvious things that need to be said before this discussions goes onto the 8th page of commentary:

1. Whatever rules that govern this forum and any of the sub forums are made by Peter and the employees of PG Music.

2. The interpretation and enforcement of those rules is the sole responsibility of PG Music.

3. PG Music is aware of this discussion since we saw the moderators take an ENFORCEMENT ACTION by moving this thread from its original location to the off-topic forum.

4. Despite being aware of this discussion, PG Music has chosen to NOT make a Declaration concerning proper interpretation of the rules which most likely means they have chosen to allow the current status quo to exist WITHOUT codifying it by putting it into writing. (Never put into writing something that can come back and bite you later).

5. Each participant in this discussion can do their own research but there are two areas of inquiry which would be enlightening for someone who is not just doing this to stir the pot. What enforcement actions have been taken against postings that supposedly violate the defined rules for the Users Showcase? Even more enlightening: Has a forum member ever been recognized with a Users Showcase Award after posting a non-original song to the sub forum? Before beating this dead horse into a bloody puddle check those two things.

6. Someone who wants to blow the forum up with indiscriminate posts to make a point can certainly do that but it would just ruin a very good thing for no good reason. Don’t do it.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi Mario

I sincerely hope this is not the case that is an awful shame if it is so.
“All of this because a mute veteran who lives in a nursing home and is the biggest supporter of PGMusic decided to post some of his earlier songs, sharing some of the best days of his life to his friends here! This thread makes me sick!”

I don’t like Hymns on here myself so I don’t listen, but I’m sure some do.
If I wanted hymns I would go to church. I don’t come on a music forum to be preached to!
Anyway surely that comes under religion? Original or otherwise.

Mike

Yes Mike that is the case.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim

why does someone always have to take others to the wood shed. geeeeez folks listen to the ones you like and don't listen to the other songs. post what you feel is appropriate, and forget telling others what they can and cant do.

lastly leave the police work to the police. if we step over the line PGM will correct it as they have in the past. that is why they hire and pay moderators for the forums

Amen!

I agree.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's so predictable that EVERY time an opportunity presents itself to insult musicians who don't happen to be songwriters, we know exactly who's going to lead the charge.

It begs the question, are non-songwriters unworthy to participate in playing music? Of course not! To even suggest that is ludicrous and snobbish.

For the record, I've written somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 songs so I'm all for encouraging others to do the same. What I'm against is trying to make musicians who aren't songwriters feel as if they are inferior to those who do write their own material.

I'll give one more Amen to RobH:

why does someone always have to take others to the wood shed. geeeeez folks listen to the ones you like and don't listen to the other songs. post what you feel is appropriate, and forget telling others what they can and cant do. lastly leave the police work to the police. if we step over the line PGM will correct it as they have in the past. that is why they hire and pay moderators for the forums

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
to me it's very interesting how we as people can have such varied views of a simple sentence.

"The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

you can pick that sentence apart and come up with several conclusions. As was said the first five words san only originals, but then the sentence also implies the need to have rights to the song. It also adds in the middle the concept of copyrights or covers neither of which applies to PD music.

So the sentence is pretty wide and not black and white, however or can be interpreted in more than one way.

But really the issue is not which way the sentence can be interpreted, but actually why does one's interpretation supersede another's? Why puff up one's chest and bark about right or wrong, about a viewpoint in regard to anything that actually is not that persons jurisdiction or area of responsibility.

Human reasoning is certainly interesting. Makes me shake my head sometimes.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Originally Posted By: furry
I'm going to have one final input on this topic. It's time it was closed as this has caused more bad feeling than anything else I've seen on here for a few years

Hi Graham,

I consider the PG forums to be the most friendly of those I know in the Internet world. But I think it is fine with a discussion like this - no one is using bad words or calling other people "idiots" or bad stuff like that. I think there should be room for an interesting and important topic like this.

Will

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Originally Posted By: furry

Hi Graham,

I consider the PG forums to be the most friendly of those I know in the Internet world. But I think it is fine with a discussion like this - no one is using bad words or calling other people "idiots" or bad stuff like that. I think there should be room for an interesting and important topic like this.

Will

Well said and true!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have never posted my COVERS in the User's Showcase thinking that they didn't meet the qualifications. I only use the Off Topic thread.

I feel like I have been given a Tabasco sauce enema.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Perhaps if money were involved but that is not the case here. Rather, it's a group of international friends bonding closer by sharing their music. In this divisive world, I think we need much more of that, not less.

YES...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have never posted my COVERS in the User's Showcase thinking that they didn't meet the qualifications. I only use the Off Topic thread.

Oooohhh. I've never heard of that but imagine that it might not be so good. cry cry cry
Thanks for the laugh, Donny!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Oh my....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert

I’m not going to ask how you know what that feels like.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,519
Members38,528
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track
38,527 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173