You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#529913 - 03/23/19 11:24 AM [RealBand] Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings?
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

In other DAWS like Cakewalk, when I insert Aria on a track and choose an instrument, like piano, and save the file, the instrument (like piano) is saved in Aria when I re-open it, just like I left it, so to speak.

However, when I attempt to do the same thing in Real Band, and select Aria as a player and load an instrument and save the file and reopen it, the Aria player on the track is blank and I have to load the instrument or instruments all over again. I can't find any way to save this choices I make in Real Band files.

Am I missing something, or is this just the way Real Band is?

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#529930 - 03/23/19 03:42 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi David

Strange will RB retain its vsti voices with other vsti

I have a multi midi channel RB file where some of the tracks are midi and some separate instances of Kontakt . I have various instruments on the Kontakt tracks and they are all recalled and loaded when I load the file.
Note I am saving the file in RBs native SEQ format.

Mike

Edited by Mike Head (03/23/19 03:45 PM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#529946 - 03/23/19 06:07 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Mike Head]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

I only really use Aria, and as long as I have used Real Band it does this, I just never have bothered to figure out why.

Now I would like to know why.

It is strange.

I have no clue.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#529948 - 03/23/19 06:24 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

I haven't played with saving VSTi in RealBand very much so please consider this as me "thinking out loud" and passing an idea to you for consideration.

I'm wondering if it might make a difference where the song file originates.

You can (1) create the song project in RealBand and save the song project file in the native SEQ file format. You can also (2) create the song project in Band-in-a-Box, save as a SGU or MGU song file, open the Band-in-a-Box song file in RealBand and then save the song file in the native SEQ file format.

Both ways may create slightly different song files that contain slightly different metadata. This theory gains some authority when you consider you can take a Band-in-a-Box song file you suspect might contain corruption, open the song file in RealBand and then save (as a BiaB song file) and the corruption is sometimes cleaned out. The theory gains more authority when you consider that not all Band-in-a-Box song file settings transfer between Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Rephrase the Las Vegas tourist slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to "What begins in RealBand, stays in RealBand" and my theory almost reads like it makes sense, doesn't it?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#529975 - 03/24/19 04:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: South Carolina
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I used to use Sampletank and Roland TTS in RB on almost every song, and both saved the instrument settings
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB 2020, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Melodyne editor, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Akai MPK mini, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#529982 - 03/24/19 06:17 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think it depends on the VSTi and how it saves/loads sounds.

Two things you could try;
Save Group .. this saves a Group of VST/VSTi, in other words the data from all four of the slots in a given track's FX area.
I've seen this save some settings when regular save didn't. You may have to Load Group after, but maybe not.

Or maybe try saving the Aria settings as a Preset in RB .. maybe this will retain the settings or at least make them easier to recall. (?)

Other than that I have seen a couple FX that simply refuse to recall settings when loaded. Never figured out why. 99% of them load just fine.

#529985 - 03/24/19 06:33 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks rharv, that is exactly what I am talking about.

I have to "save group" and then recall that each time, I can't figure out for the life of me why it won't save instruments.

The Aria board comes back up upon reload, but the instruments are not there. The board is blank. Guess I will call tech support.

Thanks!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530114 - 03/25/19 10:45 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Jim Fogle]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Jim and others,

trying to get a hold of support here. Having no luck. Can't figure it out.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530341 - 03/26/19 06:40 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

Have you tried sending a private message to the lead developer, Jeff Yankauer?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#530446 - 03/27/19 03:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I'd try putting it in the Wishlist Forum first.

Since most plugins work fine, I'm guessing it is something these plugins are doing differently when saving/loading sounds.
Could be wrong, but a whole lot of synths seem to work fine. It may be something proprietary that the programmers haven't yet encountered.

If you feel it's a 'bug' in current PGMusic products, right now the Chat option at top of page appears 'online'.
Give them a shot. A good chat session can move things along quickly.

#531030 - 04/01/19 09:20 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks guys. I will try both of these ideas.

I think it must be a programming issue of some sort. It does not happen in other DAWS I use.

Thanks again.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017

Three years ago we were just rounding up our BETA testers to help finish up the testing of our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

With that version, we redesigned the main screen GUI, added support for popular .SFZ sound format as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds (sforzando SFZ Synth.), added Natural Arrangements options and Hi-Q Guitar RealCharts, applied many, many, many enhancements to the existing powerful program features, and more! Read all about Band-in-a-Box® 2017 here.

Now, three years later, we're thrilled to say that we're already done BETA testing, and weeks into the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac release! Of course, that means we're having a SALE on Upgrade packages, but only until April 30th!

Band-in-a-Box® - Trombone RealTracks!

Happy National Trombone Players Day!

To all the trombone players out there - this is a day to celebrate you (no joke...)! Not a trombone player? Good news - if you have the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition, you have a two AMAZING trombone players in your band already!

Dennis Esson:
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland – Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists

Ian McDougall:
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad

Welcome to the Team David!

We are thrilled to say that we've added David to our Customer Service Team here at PG Music!

You may have already noticed him - he's already made his appearance here on the Forums, chiming in with assistance and User Showcase Song Feedback.

Welcome to the team David!

Updated Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

If you're looking for a Band-in-a-Box® Style in the feel of a familiar/popular song title, then the Song Titles Browser option in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker is the perfect feature for you!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we’ve added 3,400 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now 14,000 titles to search from!

Just type in a familiar song title or artist name - once you have found the song, press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button. This will take you to the StylePicker window with styles that best match the tempo, feel, and genre of the selected song title.

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Learn more about the different features of the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker here.

SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

Forum Stats
31562 Members
65 Forums
63299 Topics
535681 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AxioMusic, jwpeng, stroxel58, inagaddadavida, Josdo

31562 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 225