You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#530738 - 03/29/19 02:16 PM [RealBand] amplitube presets again!
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

is there an installer I have missed somewhere? I have BIAB 2019 latest version and RB latest build but although I now have amplitube 3 and it is activated thanks to a PG Music produce key I have none of the presets.

https://www.pgmusic.com/amplitube-demos-presets.htm#demos

suggests I can download them but it also talks of demos and styles and I don't want to overwrite any newer style or demo files as the site refers to BIAB 2012.

if there is a installer buried somewhere i can run that, but at the moment i'm a bit confused

#530792 - 03/30/19 05:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

i've found the presets (at least I think that's what the .tgs files are) in bb/dx settings/amplitube

they all seem to be there but i can't access them for use in RB when I use the amplitube 3 plugin.

with other effects from PG I just 'load preset' and get a choice.

i had to add amplitube as a vst so why are presets in dx settings?

i want to use my own guitar tracks with amplitube but the presets would help

am i right in thinking that vst presets don't have the .tgs file type? should i have installed a dxi version of amplitube if there is such a thing?

i'm getting no replies from PG Music support which is unusual

Edited by Bob Calver (03/30/19 05:51 AM)

#530796 - 03/30/19 06:37 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Once you load ampltube,yes it's a VSTi/Dxi you open the amplitude interface and load presets there

Edited by silvertones (03/30/19 06:55 AM)
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#530819 - 03/30/19 08:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

can you be a little more specific about opening the interface please?

i can get the amplitube plugin working but not sure what you mean by 'the interface'

i've been trying to load the presets by the usual way of laofing a preset with PG dx effects

#530829 - 03/30/19 09:25 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

the hyperlink in my original post won't work - its designed for another version of BIAB. but, found the amplitube 3 installer in the bb directory and ran it just to make sure. no difference in RB. still no presets.

tried the amplitube demos in BIAB and they all load the required preset for the track but again the browser button says 'can't open the presets database' or similar. so i've got a fully functional amplitube 3 but can't point it to the right place to find the presets in either BIAB or RB.

#530849 - 03/30/19 01:58 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I just read that amplitube is now only VSTi and 64 bit.
15.6" Monitor

#530851 - 03/30/19 02:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

In the DXi list at the bottom is "add VST" add Amplitube. Put it on one of your tracks Then rt click on the track. Choose "open specific... for track. The amplitube interface will open. There are drop downs for choosing the presets.
15.6" Monitor

#530893 - 03/31/19 06:09 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

i have amplitube 4 and that works fine so I know how presets should work but almost all of the presets in version 4 need me to buy bits i haven't got so i'd like to use amplitube 3 with PG music presets. (I got version 4 direct from IK)

when i press the browser button in amplitube 3 it says 'cannot open the presets database'. i know amplitube 3 is working ok because when i load an amplitube demo song in BIAB the plugin shows and the preset in the interface is correct. but even then when i press browse i get the same error. so somehow PG Musdic have put the presets into amplitube but I can't.

i found what I thought were the presets in bb/dxsettings/amplitube but they are tgs files and then i found the presets with the file extension at3p (the correct file extension) in users/bob/documents/ikmultimedia/amplitube3/presets/band in a box/all. i now
understand the tgs files aren't presets for amplitube.

so how do i get amplitube 3 to load the proper presets? I know they are installled on my pc.

the browser button in amplitube 3 still says cannot open the database.
is the amplitube browser looking in the wrong place and can I redirect it? or should i move the at3p files to where the amplitube plugin is looking for presets?

just to make sure i ran the amplitube installer in the bb main folder but still no luck.

#530924 - 03/31/19 10:47 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

All the presets should show up in 4. Even the pgm ones.
I had SVX and Amplitube before pg offered it.Like you I. bought it.
I think if you manually put the pg presets in the 4 preset folder you'll be able to use 4.
15.6" Monitor

#530939 - 03/31/19 12:17 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Hi, the AmpliTube 4 presets are located here on Windows 10 systems:

Windows: C:\Users\*USER*\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\Presets
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.

Peter_IK
Kingpin

15.6" Monitor

#530988 - 04/01/19 02:48 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

thanks silvertones. unless i hear from PG support what I shall do is visit the amplitube 4 presets and move them to a spare directory so I don't lose them. there are so many that looking for the pg msusic ones would be difficult and as I say most of the version 4 presets need kit i haven't bought.

then i'll move the amplitube 3 presets but i think i read in a previous post somewhere that at3p needs to be edited to at4p which is a drag but i'll try it first with just one or two examples and see if they work. amplitube 4 is 64 bit and i think version 3 is 32 bit so we'll see if there's a problem

i'm a little disappointed with pg support as they normally offer a super service but i've written again to see if there is an 'official' solution as opposed to a work around

#531019 - 04/01/19 08:54 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

A few years back they latched onto the free amplitube and incorporated it into biab with mods.I use the real ones from IK
15.6" Monitor

#531076 - 04/01/19 03:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So this thread inspired me to load up all mmy IKM stuff on my new computer.
I have a number of licenses I've paid for or are free.
Amplitube4 is 64bit only and replaces all of there other products. Now all of the products I own are avaiable in one program ,Amplitube 4. The Amplitube that comes/came with BIAB is the older 32 bit version I believe.That is why you can't see the 32 bit BIAB presets in 4. Can't use 4 in RB either. Crap!!!!!!!!Have to use the 32 bit BIAB version.

Edited by silvertones (04/01/19 03:11 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#531182 - 04/02/19 12:57 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So as I see it PG no longer provides Amplitube because it's changed to Amplitube 4 and is only 64 bit so they do "Direct Input Tracks" they have made using some version of Amplitube. So all my presets plus all the stuff I don't have are avaiable in V 4 but again 64bit. Need J Bridge.
15.6" Monitor

#531183 - 04/02/19 01:01 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Use your version 4 like I am. In 4 use "import legacy Presets". They are at C/documents/IKMultimedia. You'll see amplitube 4 and 3. This is where you delete the presets in 4 you don't have.This will be the path to the presets when you run the " import legacy.."
Get JBridge. You'll have it.

Edited by silvertones (04/02/19 05:01 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#533080 - 04/17/19 02:07 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

PG Music support eventually came through - they must be busier than usual. (as indicated by another BIAB update and huge RealTracks update on the BIAB forum)

the presets listed as tgs files can be loaded by 'load group' not load preset.

they also directed me to an amplitube installer that solved the browser problems

the usual excellent support from PG Music even if it was a little longer coming than usual.

#533179 - 04/17/19 03:49 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA
Yeah, I think TGS is Trans Group Settings (note 'Group').
I've mentioned a few times on the forum, in some cases using Save Group and Load Group can support features the save/load preset option doesn't. Including individual effect settings in some weird instances .. no idea why, just something I've logged in my head from experience.

PG Music News
Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Holiday Hours - Monday, August 3 (British Columbia Day)

Monday, August 3 is British Columbia Day!

Since we are located in British Columbia (Victoria, on Vancouver Island), that means it's a holiday for us! Don't worry, some of our team will still be available - our hours on Monday are 8AM-4PM PST.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, August 4. www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32594 Members
68 Forums
65495 Topics
555299 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
lencrawl42, Provipgroup, Cameron, James Franco, Andyf1204

32594 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 188