You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#529913 - 03/23/19 11:24 AM [RealBand] Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings?
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

In other DAWS like Cakewalk, when I insert Aria on a track and choose an instrument, like piano, and save the file, the instrument (like piano) is saved in Aria when I re-open it, just like I left it, so to speak.

However, when I attempt to do the same thing in Real Band, and select Aria as a player and load an instrument and save the file and reopen it, the Aria player on the track is blank and I have to load the instrument or instruments all over again. I can't find any way to save this choices I make in Real Band files.

Am I missing something, or is this just the way Real Band is?

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#529930 - 03/23/19 03:42 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi David

Strange will RB retain its vsti voices with other vsti

I have a multi midi channel RB file where some of the tracks are midi and some separate instances of Kontakt . I have various instruments on the Kontakt tracks and they are all recalled and loaded when I load the file.
Note I am saving the file in RBs native SEQ format.

Mike

Edited by Mike Head (03/23/19 03:45 PM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#529946 - 03/23/19 06:07 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Mike Head]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

I only really use Aria, and as long as I have used Real Band it does this, I just never have bothered to figure out why.

Now I would like to know why.

It is strange.

I have no clue.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#529948 - 03/23/19 06:24 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

I haven't played with saving VSTi in RealBand very much so please consider this as me "thinking out loud" and passing an idea to you for consideration.

I'm wondering if it might make a difference where the song file originates.

You can (1) create the song project in RealBand and save the song project file in the native SEQ file format. You can also (2) create the song project in Band-in-a-Box, save as a SGU or MGU song file, open the Band-in-a-Box song file in RealBand and then save the song file in the native SEQ file format.

Both ways may create slightly different song files that contain slightly different metadata. This theory gains some authority when you consider you can take a Band-in-a-Box song file you suspect might contain corruption, open the song file in RealBand and then save (as a BiaB song file) and the corruption is sometimes cleaned out. The theory gains more authority when you consider that not all Band-in-a-Box song file settings transfer between Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Rephrase the Las Vegas tourist slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to "What begins in RealBand, stays in RealBand" and my theory almost reads like it makes sense, doesn't it?
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#529975 - 03/24/19 04:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: South Carolina
RobH Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I used to use Sampletank and Roland TTS in RB on almost every song, and both saved the instrument settings
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#529982 - 03/24/19 06:17 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think it depends on the VSTi and how it saves/loads sounds.

Two things you could try;
Save Group .. this saves a Group of VST/VSTi, in other words the data from all four of the slots in a given track's FX area.
I've seen this save some settings when regular save didn't. You may have to Load Group after, but maybe not.

Or maybe try saving the Aria settings as a Preset in RB .. maybe this will retain the settings or at least make them easier to recall. (?)

Other than that I have seen a couple FX that simply refuse to recall settings when loaded. Never figured out why. 99% of them load just fine.

#529985 - 03/24/19 06:33 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks rharv, that is exactly what I am talking about.

I have to "save group" and then recall that each time, I can't figure out for the life of me why it won't save instruments.

The Aria board comes back up upon reload, but the instruments are not there. The board is blank. Guess I will call tech support.

Thanks!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530114 - 03/25/19 10:45 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Jim Fogle]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Jim and others,

trying to get a hold of support here. Having no luck. Can't figure it out.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530341 - 03/26/19 06:40 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

Have you tried sending a private message to the lead developer, Jeff Yankauer?
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#530446 - 03/27/19 03:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I'd try putting it in the Wishlist Forum first.

Since most plugins work fine, I'm guessing it is something these plugins are doing differently when saving/loading sounds.
Could be wrong, but a whole lot of synths seem to work fine. It may be something proprietary that the programmers haven't yet encountered.

If you feel it's a 'bug' in current PGMusic products, right now the Chat option at top of page appears 'online'.
Give them a shot. A good chat session can move things along quickly.

#531030 - 04/01/19 09:20 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks guys. I will try both of these ideas.

I think it must be a programming issue of some sort. It does not happen in other DAWS I use.

Thanks again.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29905 Members
61 Forums
59310 Topics
500453 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Jtb71, NickT, kingMonk, Raunka, Trishmarcus7

29904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 158
Janice & Bud 143