You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#531540 - 04/04/19 08:14 PM [RealBand] Mixer settings won't stay
Loc: Lowell, MA
Funkifized Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Lowell, MA
So, I've loaded a .mid file, but when I try to mix the volumes of the separate instruments, they set back to a default setting, all at the same volume when I stop playback. How do I save the mix I want? I'm not recording my mix moves in real time, I just want to start out with a particular mix, which won't keep after I stop playback.
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Intel HD Graphics (Toshiba)
298GB TOSHIBA MK3275GSX (SATA )
Realtek High Definition Audio

#531575 - 04/05/19 04:03 AM [RealBand] Re: Mixer settings won't stay [Re: Funkifized]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
In a downloaded MIDI file, the initial track volumes are probably hardcoded into the file. Go into the Event List and change the track volumes there, or delete them and use the RB mixer or sliders to set them, then do a "Save AS' on the file and that should help.

Jeff
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current 2020 builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.10

#531695 - 04/05/19 04:36 PM [RealBand] Re: Mixer settings won't stay [Re: Funkifized]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Along the same lines as Jeff .. just another way to do it;

On the selected track, Select the Whole track (hold CTRL + A) This sets the range for the edit.

Next
Select all tracks you want to edit (Hold CTRL and click each track number in the Tracks window, or hold Shift and click the first, then the last track if you want them all).
Make all desired tracks are all selected.

Go to CUT
Make sure the 'Use data filter' option is checked

In the resulting window deselect every option except Ctrl (control changes)
Set the Range for this to be 7 thru 7 (Volume control)
Cut them all.

Now you should have a clean volume slate and be able to change/save/review as desired.

There are many ways to get rid of these annoying settings.
I don't blame the authors of said MID files; as they had to choose something .. the MID file they saved simply has the mixer settings that sounded best on their system.

If this doesn't work you can also try cutting Control Change 11 (by changing the settings in the data filter when cutting)
CC 11 is for Expression, which is the secondary control change for volume.

CC7 (control change) limits the loudest volume.
CC 11 (Expression) limits the expressive range (inside the CC7 overall volume)

Hope I didn't confuse this .. but it's MIDI so it's all events you can control.

One other change you could make in RB is to go to
Options-Prefs-MIDI-MIDI Out and try unchecking the box for
Send Most Recent Patch/Wheel/Controller

The latter is kind of a Hackey way of handling it since it just stops the song from resetting from the last command, but if you press start those last commands are going to be sent anyway, so many times it's better to simply remove them and start fresh. Saving when changes are made

#588317 - 03/28/20 08:57 AM [RealBand] Re: Mixer settings won't stay [Re: Funkifized]
goofeyfoot Offline
Enthusiast

I don't know whether mine is the same issue but here goes.

In RB I am using ASIO and I have about 4 midi tracks. Every time I hit play, I never know what I am going to get. Sometimes a track plays. Sometimes it doesn't play. Sometimes its volume is low. If I render to Wave same thing. Track sometimes play in the WAV file, sometimes not, sometimes volume is messed up etc.

Seems like every time I hit play I get a different, random result.

Am using that Coyote Forte plug in.

Thanks.

Michael
AMD X570 Plus 2.80 GHZ; RAM = 32.00 GB; 64 Bit Operating System, x64 based processor; Windows 10; Focusrite 8i18 External Card; Real Band; Band in a Box; Coyote Forte Wave Table; Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller

#588376 - 03/28/20 02:31 PM [RealBand] Re: Mixer settings won't stay [Re: Funkifized]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Are some of the track names blue?
If so try saving as a SEQ file.
Or using right click
Track - make all BB tracks regular tracks.

Edited by rharv (03/28/20 02:33 PM)

#593382 - 04/21/20 11:04 AM [RealBand] Re: Mixer settings won't stay [Re: Funkifized]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hello goofeyfoot,

If you would like to send in one of your songs you are specifically having issues with for testing, we can take a look at it and see if there might be something causing it. To do so, you can attach it to an e-mail at support@pgmusic.com.

Also, when it comes to some tracks playing and some not, did you happen to be working with a mix of MIDI versus Audio? I am wondering if perhaps something just needs to be adjusted in your MIDI or Audio settings.

PG Music News
How-to Video: Section Text labels and Lyrics

Check out our special YouTube Channel, PG Music Inc. Support Videos, which is where we share videos our support team makes at the request of a customer, or to help out an existing customer issue.

The latest video, Band-in-a-Box How to: Section Text labels and Lyrics quickly walks you through section text labels and lyrics in Band-in-a-Box for Windows! Watch now...

Want to see a specific video? Share your request here.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Bundle!

Have you heard? We have NEW Band-in-a-Box Add-ons!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 will SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition!

200 NEW RealStyles have been added with Xtra Styles PAK 9 - 50 Rock-Pop, 50 Jazz, 50 Country, and 50 Folk & Beyond 2!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 100 NEW Loops and 50 NEW styles, and adds 2 new genres to our Loops-with-Style collection: gospel and funk!

Bundle both the Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 into one convenient purchase, only $48 until June 30th! Click here to choose your purchase.

Mac user? Click here for your order links.

RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

Forum Stats
32234 Members
65 Forums
64442 Topics
546468 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RookAG, vertoe, copcoteraelena, DeeGreen, Saveloy

32234 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 215
VideoTrack 161