Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I wrote this song in 2015 and posted the original version on Users Showcase in early 2016.

Since then, I've learnt a lot more about mixing and production. I now also have some better music finishing software than I had back in 2015. It was thinking about these tools and techniques that inspired me to revisit this song.

Here's where my journey took me...

♫♫ Can You Imagine?

Please feel free to comment on any aspect of the song and/or its presentation.

Regards,
Noel

=======

Tracks were generated using the Audiophile version of BIAB. To polish the production, I used...

• Ozone 8 -- 'Greg Calbi Presets' on the overall final mix
  • Nectar 2 -- vocals
  • Waves Renaissance Bass VST -- bass guitar
  • MAutopan VST -- electric guitar
  • Waves CLA Guitars VST -- electric guitar
  • Waves CLA Uplugged VST -- cello
  • Waves CLA Drums VST -- drums
  • MIDI Choir -- Miroslav Philharmonik

The BIAB Ensemble
  • Bass Guitar 1759
  • Electric Guitar 1764
  • Acoustic Guitar 1596
  • Piano 1767
  • Cello 1856
  • Drums - RockBritDrivingEv16^1-SnCH,RdCym

Lyrics

Can you imagine a scene like this?
We're standing with one another, side by side
And singing together in harmony
With confidence, heart and a mountain of pride

Can you imagine a sound like this?
An ocean of people who sway and sing
In chorus together, friend with friend
Making the heavens reverberate and ring

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And hundreds join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of people were singing strong
Flooding the planet in the sounds of peace
And everyone singing the same song

[Instrumental]

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And millions join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of nations were singing strong
Flooding the planet in the sounds of peace
And everyone singing the same song
Everyone singing the same song

©2015 Noel Adams, words and music, all rights reserved

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Oddly, I heard/saw this on your Vimeo not too long ago. Loved it the first time I'd heard it. Love it now. I like the way the power builds with the introduction of the backing vocals in the same way that the lyric builds from one, to hundred, to millions, to all the nations. One day it will be true, I believe.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! Love the progressions, and your vocals are stunning on top of this. It sounds really lush and professional. Some really captivating lyrics as well. It sounds really powerful to me and is nicely catchy too.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Great song & production...
The lyrics are really thought out...
With a pleasant melody to emphasize those lyrics of peace & hope...
Your outstanding vocal & harmonies sound very professional...
Heck... The whole composition sounds very professional...
I believe you are correct...
You've learned "a lot more about mixing and production"...
It shows...
I really enjoyed listening to your remix.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

what a peaceful and hopeful message

excellent mix, I always love your vocals

harmonies shine!

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Noel,

This is awesome man! I love it.

Such a strong song and superb vocals. You outdid yourself on this one. More please!

smile

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Oddly, I heard/saw this on your Vimeo not too long ago. Loved it the first time I'd heard it. Love it now. I like the way the power builds with the introduction of the backing vocals in the same way that the lyric builds from one, to hundred, to millions, to all the nations. One day it will be true, I believe.

Thanks for listening again, Tangmo. Thanks for visiting my Vimeo site, too. Much appreciated. I'm presently in the process of updating the Vimeo video so that all versions of the song align. (Glad you noticed that lyric development! At the time of writing, I wasn't sure that it would work so I threw a coin... heads won smile )

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a great job you did on the vocal here Noel! Overall sound on this track is awesome! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

I remember this song - very uplifting and beautifully produced...

The remix is great. Gives it a very "Hi-Fi" sound.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

This mix is SUPERB!

The vocal is amazingly clear and present and sits PERFECTLY in the mix. Can't emphasize that enough. It is PERFECT. Pro-mix kind of vocal placement.

The bass is sublime. Punchy, present, commanding - without any muddiness at all. This is a bass sound I have been trying to achieve myself...

Drums and piano are clear, present...nice... The cello and background vocals right where they need to be.

...and, of course, a truly uplifting song to begin with.

Excellent.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Like John Lennon, we can imagine...and, we'll add, hope. It's so nice to hear such a positive write delivered with a fine vocal performance.

We loved this the first time around and the redo is stunning. What can one add to what floyd wrote?

As a bass player I'll join in with floyd's comment. I (Bud) have struggled for years trying to get both acoustic and electric bass to sit in the mix as he described. Neutron 2's masking feature and a couple of Waves plug-ins have helped but I'm not "there."

And that bass is just one aspect of a mix that simply sparkles in clarity. I so often, perhaps too much so, write of our love of open and airy mixes. A listen to this will better define what we are trying to say than a thousand words.

Superb!

J&B

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This song has a really easy-to-listen to vibe. The vocals are also quite lovely, and I really enjoyed the lyrics, especially loved "Can you imagine the power and strength if a world full of people were singing strong". A really lovely message.

Last edited by Ember - PG Music; 04/16/19 05:17 AM.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! Love the progressions, and your vocals are stunning on top of this. It sounds really lush and professional. Some really captivating lyrics as well. It sounds really powerful to me and is nicely catchy too.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Thank you for taking the time to have a listen. Really appreciate it. Thanks for the comments regarding the remix, too. Learning how to mix effectively has been a long slow road for me. I'm still traveling it but it seems to be a less bumpy road these days. It's good to know that I'm getting somewhere.

All the best,
Neol

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
You've done a nice remix effort Noel. Your mixing has never been an issue for me though, I'm jealous to how easy you write top notch song after song. I always look forward to your latest posts and I've learned quite a bit from you over my time here on the forum. Enjoyed my listen. Good mix by the way...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really enjoyed this one Noel. Lovely lyrics and gorgeous arrangement

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The melody is majestic without being pompous. Excellent vocal. Beautiful piece!

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Great song & production...
The lyrics are really thought out...
With a pleasant melody to emphasize those lyrics of peace & hope...
Your outstanding vocal & harmonies sound very professional...
Heck... The whole composition sounds very professional...
I believe you are correct...
You've learned "a lot more about mixing and production"...
It shows...
I really enjoyed listening to your remix.

Hey Jim.

Thank you for dropping by and having a listen. I appreciate your comments greatly. Learning to mix effectively has been quite a slow process for me. This forum has also been fantastic because I've heard some pretty amazing presentations over the years and all of them have shaped my understanding and have given me goals to achieve.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl

what a peaceful and hopeful message

excellent mix, I always love your vocals

harmonies shine!

Kenny

Thanks Kenny.

I appreciate that you had a chance to visit and listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a really good remix Noel.
Polished without being buffed into anodized oblivion.
Nice arrangement and structure as well.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Noel,

This is awesome man! I love it.

Such a strong song and superb vocals. You outdid yourself on this one. More please!

smile

Hey David,

I always smile when I see that you've visited one of my threads. I really appreciate your comments and your listen. Thanks heaps.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195