You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#531828 - 04/06/19 08:52 PM [User Showcase] The Taste of Her Name
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

This is my first song post. I used Realstyle BALFRED and tenor sax soloist 937. I can't sing but I wrote this song, like it, and wanted to see it to fruition. So I hired a singer on fiverr. It could use a bridge and I've written one, someday I'll add it. In addition to the usual Soundcloud link, I made a simple slide show video for youtube and that link is here as well.

https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/the-taste-of-her-name-by-tunemonger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEe4QQ_zewI

All that she told me was one little word,
That which she goes by, is known in this world,
That's all I needed, to take her in, savoring the sips,
Cause I got the taste, the taste of her name on my lips.

I know that she'll have a lot more to say,
Next time I see her, maybe today,
I could feel voltage pass through our fingertips,
Exciting the taste, the taste of her name on my lips.

Since the beginning, it's been this way,
Man and a woman, sparked from the clay,
And I've heard of warriors, launching a thousand ships,
All for the taste, the taste of her name on their lips.

Edited by BeelzeBob (04/06/19 09:07 PM)

#531851 - 04/07/19 05:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
BeelzeBob,

A big WOW for this! A pure delight to listen to.

An excellent jazz-ballad write. So well penned...

"Since the beginning, it's been this way,
All for the taste, the taste of her name on their lips."

Killer.

The perfect BAND to carry the tune. Super vocalist that you found!

And an excellent mix to top it all off.

This is one heck of a first post! Welcome to the Showcase!! Really looking forward to hearing more...

fj

#531867 - 04/07/19 10:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Bob...
Wow... I agree with Floyd...
This is indeed a great write...
Lyrics, backing tracks, production, & delivery...
Christopher did a great job on your song...
I also liked that super Youtube video you made...
I will look forward to hearing more of your songs!

#531878 - 04/07/19 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Bob ..

Great, great song for first post. My wife and I love this genre/style as much as any. So sweet and exceptionally well arranged and produced. All the technical stuff is stellar, in my opinion.

And wow, what a great vocal Christopher gave you ... excellent. You were fortunate to find him. I have used Fivr a time or two for non-musical stuff and was happy with the results - but this is a GREAT vocal! he gave your words and music a nice life beyond what you's already done.

Excellent! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#531888 - 04/07/19 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
what a joy to listen to!

so well written and sung

smooth and pro sounding

one of the guitar players in my old band used to call everyone beelzebub

just a great song

enjoyed!

Kenny

Edited by 44kfl (04/07/19 04:31 PM)

#531909 - 04/07/19 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

BeelzeBob,

This is smoking . . . very old school and very killer. Impressive first song post—nicely done in all aspects. I actually don’t think you need a bridge with this one, that solo sax serves nicely in lieu thereof. Your vocalist does a terrific job.

Welcome to the BIAB forum! I’ll look forward to hearing more from you!

Kind regards,

Deej

#531925 - 04/07/19 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

Bob,
Very nicely arranged. I believe it came out great. Ripe, delicious fruit smile
I like lyrical swing & poetry is very strong. Mixed and performed to the standard. Good vocalist!

Thank you for posting!

Misha.

#531970 - 04/08/19 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a cool back track. Super vocal and lyric. Very nice listen..

#532202 - 04/09/19 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Thanks to all for the encouragement. For years all I did was blues. I got bored and tried to do some other kinds of tunes, this is one. It's still a I-IV-V, but with jazz chords. I used BIAB to make backing tracks for a blues harmonica educational website for almost ten years. It recently closed down and it was a real bummer for me. So here I am. I play guitar and harmonica, nothing special. I sing if I've written a novelty/funny song, otherwise, I get someone else to do it.

I have a bossa nova influenced tune if anyone wants to sing it. Let me know!

#532222 - 04/09/19 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Very mellow and most enjoyable BeelzeBob. Rob

#532292 - 04/10/19 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow nice work on this too TuneMonger! Very unique composition and the fiverr singer really nailed it! Thanks for sharing

#532446 - 04/11/19 08:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
This is right in our wheelhouse as we love blues and jazz.

You and the vocalist did a fine job in capturing a small club feel with a well honed band.

Excellent!

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#532513 - 04/11/19 10:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: TuneMonger]
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

So true to the form, could almost hear the vinyl crackles. Beautiful. That title line is pure gold.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#532972 - 04/16/19 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Taste of Her Name [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
BeelzeBob,

A big WOW for this! A pure delight to listen to.

An excellent jazz-ballad write. So well penned...

"Since the beginning, it's been this way,
All for the taste, the taste of her name on their lips."

Killer.

The perfect BAND to carry the tune. Super vocalist that you found!

And an excellent mix to top it all off.

This is one heck of a first post! Welcome to the Showcase!! Really looking forward to hearing more...

fj

Absolutely!!! Stellar!! Love this kind of music. I think the vocal could use a little more verb (Sax as well). Killer song!! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Holiday Hours

Monday, October 14th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PDT
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 15th.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Special Ends October 15th!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special is almost over! The special ends on October 15th - until then, save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac works GREAT with the just-released Catalina 64-bit only OS!

Updating your Mac to the latest macOS Catalina? Don't miss a beat with our 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®, fully compatable with the just-released macOS Catalina!

In fact, Catalina features like Sidecar (a feature which allows you to utilize your iPad as a second display) work well with the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - great for sharing charts with other musicians!

So, take comfort in knowing that the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac runs great on Catalina and there are no known Catalina/Band-in-a-Box® issues.

Have an older version of the program that won't work with Catalina (which only runs 64-bit programs)? Don't fret - you can upgrade to the newest version for as little as $49, here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: DAW Plugin in Ableton

Check out our updated video demonstrating the new Band-in-a-Box® VST/AU/AAX Plugin being used with Ableton: click here to watch. Learn more about the Band-in-a-Box® VST/AU/AAX Plugin here.

Don't forget, our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th - and ALL Band-in-a-Box® 2019 purchases include the VST/AU/AAX Plugin!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: DAW Plugin in Digital Performer

In this full tutorial, Jareth demonstrates using the Band-in-a-Box® DAW AU Plugin with MOTU Digital Performer on Mac.

Forum Stats
30209 Members
62 Forums
60164 Topics
507683 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
and.crem, Mcgiver699, copter 13fpWfB, williamsones, mamartinezp

30209 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 180
Noel96 158