You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#530738 - 03/29/19 02:16 PM [RealBand] amplitube presets again!
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

is there an installer I have missed somewhere? I have BIAB 2019 latest version and RB latest build but although I now have amplitube 3 and it is activated thanks to a PG Music produce key I have none of the presets.

https://www.pgmusic.com/amplitube-demos-presets.htm#demos

suggests I can download them but it also talks of demos and styles and I don't want to overwrite any newer style or demo files as the site refers to BIAB 2012.

if there is a installer buried somewhere i can run that, but at the moment i'm a bit confused

#530792 - 03/30/19 05:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

i've found the presets (at least I think that's what the .tgs files are) in bb/dx settings/amplitube

they all seem to be there but i can't access them for use in RB when I use the amplitube 3 plugin.

with other effects from PG I just 'load preset' and get a choice.

i had to add amplitube as a vst so why are presets in dx settings?

i want to use my own guitar tracks with amplitube but the presets would help

am i right in thinking that vst presets don't have the .tgs file type? should i have installed a dxi version of amplitube if there is such a thing?

i'm getting no replies from PG Music support which is unusual

Edited by Bob Calver (03/30/19 05:51 AM)

#530796 - 03/30/19 06:37 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Once you load ampltube,yes it's a VSTi/Dxi you open the amplitude interface and load presets there

Edited by silvertones (03/30/19 06:55 AM)
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#530819 - 03/30/19 08:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

can you be a little more specific about opening the interface please?

i can get the amplitube plugin working but not sure what you mean by 'the interface'

i've been trying to load the presets by the usual way of laofing a preset with PG dx effects

#530829 - 03/30/19 09:25 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

the hyperlink in my original post won't work - its designed for another version of BIAB. but, found the amplitube 3 installer in the bb directory and ran it just to make sure. no difference in RB. still no presets.

tried the amplitube demos in BIAB and they all load the required preset for the track but again the browser button says 'can't open the presets database' or similar. so i've got a fully functional amplitube 3 but can't point it to the right place to find the presets in either BIAB or RB.

#530849 - 03/30/19 01:58 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I just read that amplitube is now only VSTi and 64 bit.
15.6" Monitor

#530851 - 03/30/19 02:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

In the DXi list at the bottom is "add VST" add Amplitube. Put it on one of your tracks Then rt click on the track. Choose "open specific... for track. The amplitube interface will open. There are drop downs for choosing the presets.
15.6" Monitor

#530893 - 03/31/19 06:09 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

i have amplitube 4 and that works fine so I know how presets should work but almost all of the presets in version 4 need me to buy bits i haven't got so i'd like to use amplitube 3 with PG music presets. (I got version 4 direct from IK)

when i press the browser button in amplitube 3 it says 'cannot open the presets database'. i know amplitube 3 is working ok because when i load an amplitube demo song in BIAB the plugin shows and the preset in the interface is correct. but even then when i press browse i get the same error. so somehow PG Musdic have put the presets into amplitube but I can't.

i found what I thought were the presets in bb/dxsettings/amplitube but they are tgs files and then i found the presets with the file extension at3p (the correct file extension) in users/bob/documents/ikmultimedia/amplitube3/presets/band in a box/all. i now
understand the tgs files aren't presets for amplitube.

so how do i get amplitube 3 to load the proper presets? I know they are installled on my pc.

the browser button in amplitube 3 still says cannot open the database.
is the amplitube browser looking in the wrong place and can I redirect it? or should i move the at3p files to where the amplitube plugin is looking for presets?

just to make sure i ran the amplitube installer in the bb main folder but still no luck.

#530924 - 03/31/19 10:47 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

All the presets should show up in 4. Even the pgm ones.
I had SVX and Amplitube before pg offered it.Like you I. bought it.
I think if you manually put the pg presets in the 4 preset folder you'll be able to use 4.
15.6" Monitor

#530939 - 03/31/19 12:17 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Hi, the AmpliTube 4 presets are located here on Windows 10 systems:

Windows: C:\Users\*USER*\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\Presets
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.

Peter_IK
Kingpin

15.6" Monitor

#530988 - 04/01/19 02:48 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

thanks silvertones. unless i hear from PG support what I shall do is visit the amplitube 4 presets and move them to a spare directory so I don't lose them. there are so many that looking for the pg msusic ones would be difficult and as I say most of the version 4 presets need kit i haven't bought.

then i'll move the amplitube 3 presets but i think i read in a previous post somewhere that at3p needs to be edited to at4p which is a drag but i'll try it first with just one or two examples and see if they work. amplitube 4 is 64 bit and i think version 3 is 32 bit so we'll see if there's a problem

i'm a little disappointed with pg support as they normally offer a super service but i've written again to see if there is an 'official' solution as opposed to a work around

#531019 - 04/01/19 08:54 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

A few years back they latched onto the free amplitube and incorporated it into biab with mods.I use the real ones from IK
15.6" Monitor

#531076 - 04/01/19 03:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So this thread inspired me to load up all mmy IKM stuff on my new computer.
I have a number of licenses I've paid for or are free.
Amplitube4 is 64bit only and replaces all of there other products. Now all of the products I own are avaiable in one program ,Amplitube 4. The Amplitube that comes/came with BIAB is the older 32 bit version I believe.That is why you can't see the 32 bit BIAB presets in 4. Can't use 4 in RB either. Crap!!!!!!!!Have to use the 32 bit BIAB version.

Edited by silvertones (04/01/19 03:11 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#531182 - 04/02/19 12:57 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So as I see it PG no longer provides Amplitube because it's changed to Amplitube 4 and is only 64 bit so they do "Direct Input Tracks" they have made using some version of Amplitube. So all my presets plus all the stuff I don't have are avaiable in V 4 but again 64bit. Need J Bridge.
15.6" Monitor

#531183 - 04/02/19 01:01 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Use your version 4 like I am. In 4 use "import legacy Presets". They are at C/documents/IKMultimedia. You'll see amplitube 4 and 3. This is where you delete the presets in 4 you don't have.This will be the path to the presets when you run the " import legacy.."
Get JBridge. You'll have it.

Edited by silvertones (04/02/19 05:01 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#533080 - 04/17/19 02:07 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

PG Music support eventually came through - they must be busier than usual. (as indicated by another BIAB update and huge RealTracks update on the BIAB forum)

the presets listed as tgs files can be loaded by 'load group' not load preset.

they also directed me to an amplitube installer that solved the browser problems

the usual excellent support from PG Music even if it was a little longer coming than usual.

#533179 - 04/17/19 03:49 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Yeah, I think TGS is Trans Group Settings (note 'Group').
I've mentioned a few times on the forum, in some cases using Save Group and Load Group can support features the save/load preset option doesn't. Including individual effect settings in some weird instances .. no idea why, just something I've logged in my head from experience.

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29898 Members
61 Forums
59285 Topics
500328 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Carpo71, JIMJ, Barry Lup, Liza2019, WGE

29898 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 144
Icelander 142