You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#530738 - 03/29/19 02:16 PM [RealBand] amplitube presets again!
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

is there an installer I have missed somewhere? I have BIAB 2019 latest version and RB latest build but although I now have amplitube 3 and it is activated thanks to a PG Music produce key I have none of the presets.

https://www.pgmusic.com/amplitube-demos-presets.htm#demos

suggests I can download them but it also talks of demos and styles and I don't want to overwrite any newer style or demo files as the site refers to BIAB 2012.

if there is a installer buried somewhere i can run that, but at the moment i'm a bit confused

#530792 - 03/30/19 05:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

i've found the presets (at least I think that's what the .tgs files are) in bb/dx settings/amplitube

they all seem to be there but i can't access them for use in RB when I use the amplitube 3 plugin.

with other effects from PG I just 'load preset' and get a choice.

i had to add amplitube as a vst so why are presets in dx settings?

i want to use my own guitar tracks with amplitube but the presets would help

am i right in thinking that vst presets don't have the .tgs file type? should i have installed a dxi version of amplitube if there is such a thing?

i'm getting no replies from PG Music support which is unusual

Edited by Bob Calver (03/30/19 05:51 AM)

#530796 - 03/30/19 06:37 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Once you load ampltube,yes it's a VSTi/Dxi you open the amplitude interface and load presets there

Edited by silvertones (03/30/19 06:55 AM)
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#530819 - 03/30/19 08:45 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

can you be a little more specific about opening the interface please?

i can get the amplitube plugin working but not sure what you mean by 'the interface'

i've been trying to load the presets by the usual way of laofing a preset with PG dx effects

#530829 - 03/30/19 09:25 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

the hyperlink in my original post won't work - its designed for another version of BIAB. but, found the amplitube 3 installer in the bb directory and ran it just to make sure. no difference in RB. still no presets.

tried the amplitube demos in BIAB and they all load the required preset for the track but again the browser button says 'can't open the presets database' or similar. so i've got a fully functional amplitube 3 but can't point it to the right place to find the presets in either BIAB or RB.

#530849 - 03/30/19 01:58 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I just read that amplitube is now only VSTi and 64 bit.
15.6" Monitor

#530851 - 03/30/19 02:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

In the DXi list at the bottom is "add VST" add Amplitube. Put it on one of your tracks Then rt click on the track. Choose "open specific... for track. The amplitube interface will open. There are drop downs for choosing the presets.
15.6" Monitor

#530893 - 03/31/19 06:09 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

i have amplitube 4 and that works fine so I know how presets should work but almost all of the presets in version 4 need me to buy bits i haven't got so i'd like to use amplitube 3 with PG music presets. (I got version 4 direct from IK)

when i press the browser button in amplitube 3 it says 'cannot open the presets database'. i know amplitube 3 is working ok because when i load an amplitube demo song in BIAB the plugin shows and the preset in the interface is correct. but even then when i press browse i get the same error. so somehow PG Musdic have put the presets into amplitube but I can't.

i found what I thought were the presets in bb/dxsettings/amplitube but they are tgs files and then i found the presets with the file extension at3p (the correct file extension) in users/bob/documents/ikmultimedia/amplitube3/presets/band in a box/all. i now
understand the tgs files aren't presets for amplitube.

so how do i get amplitube 3 to load the proper presets? I know they are installled on my pc.

the browser button in amplitube 3 still says cannot open the database.
is the amplitube browser looking in the wrong place and can I redirect it? or should i move the at3p files to where the amplitube plugin is looking for presets?

just to make sure i ran the amplitube installer in the bb main folder but still no luck.

#530924 - 03/31/19 10:47 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

All the presets should show up in 4. Even the pgm ones.
I had SVX and Amplitube before pg offered it.Like you I. bought it.
I think if you manually put the pg presets in the 4 preset folder you'll be able to use 4.
15.6" Monitor

#530939 - 03/31/19 12:17 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Hi, the AmpliTube 4 presets are located here on Windows 10 systems:

Windows: C:\Users\*USER*\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\Presets
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.

Peter_IK
Kingpin

15.6" Monitor

#530988 - 04/01/19 02:48 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

thanks silvertones. unless i hear from PG support what I shall do is visit the amplitube 4 presets and move them to a spare directory so I don't lose them. there are so many that looking for the pg msusic ones would be difficult and as I say most of the version 4 presets need kit i haven't bought.

then i'll move the amplitube 3 presets but i think i read in a previous post somewhere that at3p needs to be edited to at4p which is a drag but i'll try it first with just one or two examples and see if they work. amplitube 4 is 64 bit and i think version 3 is 32 bit so we'll see if there's a problem

i'm a little disappointed with pg support as they normally offer a super service but i've written again to see if there is an 'official' solution as opposed to a work around

#531019 - 04/01/19 08:54 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

A few years back they latched onto the free amplitube and incorporated it into biab with mods.I use the real ones from IK
15.6" Monitor

#531076 - 04/01/19 03:06 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So this thread inspired me to load up all mmy IKM stuff on my new computer.
I have a number of licenses I've paid for or are free.
Amplitube4 is 64bit only and replaces all of there other products. Now all of the products I own are avaiable in one program ,Amplitube 4. The Amplitube that comes/came with BIAB is the older 32 bit version I believe.That is why you can't see the 32 bit BIAB presets in 4. Can't use 4 in RB either. Crap!!!!!!!!Have to use the 32 bit BIAB version.

Edited by silvertones (04/01/19 03:11 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#531182 - 04/02/19 12:57 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

So as I see it PG no longer provides Amplitube because it's changed to Amplitube 4 and is only 64 bit so they do "Direct Input Tracks" they have made using some version of Amplitube. So all my presets plus all the stuff I don't have are avaiable in V 4 but again 64bit. Need J Bridge.
15.6" Monitor

#531183 - 04/02/19 01:01 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Use your version 4 like I am. In 4 use "import legacy Presets". They are at C/documents/IKMultimedia. You'll see amplitube 4 and 3. This is where you delete the presets in 4 you don't have.This will be the path to the presets when you run the " import legacy.."
Get JBridge. You'll have it.

Edited by silvertones (04/02/19 05:01 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#533080 - 04/17/19 02:07 AM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

PG Music support eventually came through - they must be busier than usual. (as indicated by another BIAB update and huge RealTracks update on the BIAB forum)

the presets listed as tgs files can be loaded by 'load group' not load preset.

they also directed me to an amplitube installer that solved the browser problems

the usual excellent support from PG Music even if it was a little longer coming than usual.

#533179 - 04/17/19 03:49 PM [RealBand] Re: amplitube presets again! [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Yeah, I think TGS is Trans Group Settings (note 'Group').
I've mentioned a few times on the forum, in some cases using Save Group and Load Group can support features the save/load preset option doesn't. Including individual effect settings in some weird instances .. no idea why, just something I've logged in my head from experience.

PG Music News
New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

It's HERE! Take a quick tour of the just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows when you check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

Read more about this new version here, and check out our amazing upgrade pricing (up to 50% off during our special!) here!

Great New Content in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is here! Limited Time Special Offers Until December 31, 2019 - SAVE up to 50% on most Band-in-a-Box® version 2020 for Windows Upgrade packages... and that's not all! When you buy version 2020 for Windows before December 31, 2019, we'll include a Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020, Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 2020 and RealBand 2020 - Over 50 new features!
- We have information about the program here.
- Specific information about the features is here.
- Ordering and info about the pacakages and pricing is available here.

Plus, there is a HUGE amount of new content...
- 202 new RealTracks, description and audio demos: click here.
- Xtra Styles Set 8 for Band-in-a-Box®, (description and video demos): Learn more...
- Loops-with-Style Set 1 for Band-in-a-Box®: product description and video demo.
- Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE! Learn more...
- Bonus 49 Pak (with 40 RealTracks)! Learn more...
- 2 new MIDI SuperTrack Sets - Learn more...
- 280 Drums RealCharts (previously had only 22, now have transcriptions for half of all of the 600 audio RealDrums)
- 5 Instrumental Studies Sets - Learn more...
- Two new all MIDI styles sets "Look-Ma! More MIDI" Sets 3 and 4 (30 MIDI styles) audio demos: Learn more...

Plus,the Online (or PDF) manual for the full program, or just the new features, are available here.

RealBand 2020 is Here!

RealBand 2020 is here, and is included free with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

There are over 20 additions to RealBand, including intelligent Audio-Harmonies (1-4 voice), Scrub Mode, mixer enhancements, open MusicXML .musicxml and .xml, easier transpose, RealTracks, RealDrums sound improvements, and more!

RealBand 2020 New Features include:

Darker Grid Lines
Grid lines in Tracks and Audio Edit windows are drawn in a darker color instead of white.

Auto-hide Grid Lines
RealBand will auto-hide grid lines when they are within a certain number of pixels of each other.

Audio Scrub Mode
The new audio scrub button in the Audio Edit window lets you click and drag to hear a section of audio.

Shift key for moving multiple volume sliders and pan knobs
If moving a volume slider while pressing the Shift key, then any other selected tracks' sliders will also move. This applies to Tracks and Mixer windows.

...and more!

For the complete list of new features included in RealBand 2020, click here, and choose the "RealBand 2020" Tab.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - Upgrade Today to Save Up to 50%!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 New RealTracks, new RealStyles, 15 new MIDI SuperTracks, 170 new Instrumental Studies, 30 new MIDI Styles, 280 RealDrums Transcriptions, the 2020 Free Bonus PAK, 2020 49-PAK, and new Xtra Styles PAK 8!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
30563 Members
65 Forums
61351 Topics
517829 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ParksongMusic, ihj, Friday, mrepo2, ntoft

30563 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 297
Matt Finley 224