Hi, some aspects of this wish may be already possible. I am curious what can and cannot be done.

I noticed BIAB has a record midi button. It would be great if it could record a guitar's Fishman Triple play midi output with the receiver dongle being attached to the BIAB computer. It would be even better if it could display and print out the notation of what was played much like the progression software can that comes with the Triple play.

If it could do this here is what I would do.
During our jams I would feed the regular guitar output through the mixing board to be recorded to a track for later mix down with RealBand. This gets mixed in with the other live instruments and whatever BIAB tracks have not been muted. At the same time the triple play midi output from the guitar would feed into the melody track of BIAB to be recorded but that would be muted so it did not go out to the mixer. During mix down after the jam if I liked some of the motifs I played I may want to use them to write a song and I would want to see the notation of what I played. I might also want to collect good motifs for future use during improvising. This is the more likely use actually.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 04/24/19 01:05 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles