You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#533802 - 04/21/19 04:21 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

There are loads of features I'd like to know how to do within this thing, or if they're even possible to begin with. So an "in-depth" kind of extended video for this feature would be most appreciated (particularly for Mac users, for which this feature is much more recent).
Case example: I tried using the Cubase method I'm used to to quickly select all the notes of just one particular pitch, and it didn't work.

Just one thing of many that the current introductory video doesn't go into.

#533813 - 04/21/19 05:20 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1. Great idea Eddie.

While making a quick search of the Band-in-a-Box videos I found two videos for the Piano Roll View (PRV). The Windows PRV video is 2:26 long and released 11/14/2013. It is available under the BiaB for Windows videos and Tips & Tricks. The Mac PRV video is 2:30 and released 05/28/2018.

An in depth video of how to use the PRV window would be extremely helpful.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#534780 - 04/29/19 02:02 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
A Windows video was created using the latest Windows 2019 Version!

#534844 - 04/30/19 06:31 AM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
A Windows video was created using the latest Windows 2019 Version!
Not quite what we need, since we have neither of those (PC nor '19) versions of the program, so both the interface and the commands are going to be different at least. So here's hoping for something a bit closer to what I actually asked for.
...but ok, it's a start and likely useful for the proper candidates, very good.

#536997 - 05/16/19 04:13 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Icelander]
Anthony - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This video is applicable to the Mac version of Band-in-a-Box® as well. You just need to substitute the CTRL key on Windows® for the command key on Mac®.

Edited by Anthony - PG Music (05/16/19 04:43 PM)

#536999 - 05/16/19 04:30 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

I'm aware of that now having watched it through, but that's not really why I don't think this particular video (named "Overview" at that) suffices - It simply isn't extensive enough, essentially a case of brings on more questions than it answers, as it were.
Case in point off the top of my head - Can we use the arrow keys to move from note to the next, or to do anything else at all within this interface (loads in Cubase); can we use those in key-combos or other types of key-combos to swiftly move notes an octave (again looking at Cubase); is there any way to adjust note length to the left instead of first being forced to adjust it only to the right and then move the lot backwards (I mean, honestly guys!).... I could go on, but you get the picture, I'm sure.

#548743 - 08/09/19 10:35 AM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Piano Roll - An "in-depth" kind of extended video, please [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
This vid shows what the piano roll view can do, that's it. If it was capable of doing additional things such as what Cubase does they would have said so.

It's been said so many times, BIAB IS NOT A DAW! If you need more editing capability than what Biab has then once you've created the song, move it to Cubase. Simple. If you're asking for Biab to do more then that's a legitimate request for the Wishlist forum.

When I read about the various DAW's some are good with midi and some not. Cubase is always ranked as one of the best midi editors out there while Studio One for example is not. Different priorities and customers make the choice.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals Available!

Did you know... the Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Visit our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2021 and RealBand 2018-2021 for Windows, and Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2020 for Mac!

Make sure you bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today!

With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today.

(This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Windows is Here!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021 cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir: 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAK 10 et bien plus encore …!

Nouvelles Fonctionnalités
Band-in-a-Box® et RealBand 2021: Tous Packages

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Forum Stats
34020 Members