Options
Index
#535389 - 05/04/19 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Fight Like A Girl
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Hi All,

This is a new song called Fight Like A Girl.

I’m watching you from the window
In this rundown Soho dump
Ordering coffee and bagels
From the guy in that blue truck

He’s trying to make some time with you
His jacked-up humor and vices
But you're an old street fighter
He's bowing out to avoid a crisis

They say you fight like a girl
I think you fight like a girl
C’mon and fight like a girl

Driving off to the mountains
The Tappan Zee is thick with cars
Rolling fifteen miles an hour
While you count all the stars

Friday night highway honcho
Red flying truck and no blinker
Let’s bury the hatchet and move on
But you give him the third finger

I’m watching you from the bedroom
You fix the heat and shut the light
If I ever stumble over us
Hit me hard with some of that fight

All BIAB Tracks:
2474: Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
2505: Piano, Electric, HeldChords 085
2914: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Folky16thsBrent Ev16 085
832: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm, AltCountryMoody Ev 075
Chorus Loop: Chillout/Chillout_dimensions_145
RealDrums: PopPromiseEv16 a:Snare on 4, HiHat, b: Snare

As always - thanks for listening!

Bob

#535426 - 05/05/19 12:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
This is really beautiful. The inverted chord you use as your starting point for the hook works so well! It's hard to give a review in words for this song because it's an experience - it has to be heard and not picked apart in words, I feel. But, in short, I loved it. Great lyrics, also.

#535445 - 05/05/19 04:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Fantastic arrangement and mix once again, I would have used lighter drumming in the first verse, but otherwise it is perfect, electric guitar used interestingly and that piano gives exciting mood. Great vocals and very enjoyable chording.

Janne

#535466 - 05/05/19 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Nicely done...
I really enjoyed listening to your new composition!

#535503 - 05/05/19 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
I think the simplicity and cleverness of the chorus lyrics make it one of the best choruses I've seen in a while. It also makes for a catchy title. Nice production!

#535534 - 05/05/19 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Extra fine lyric and that chorus is a thing of beauty. Just the kind of thing two intimates can say and hear. Brought a smile to my face. Your voice carries it well and the band plays with subdued power and purpose.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#535547 - 05/05/19 03:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Another really cool song Bob!! You have a way of creating these infectious grooves that never grow tiresome. Really well done!! Again!! Take care. Greg

#535562 - 05/05/19 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great back story to the well written lyrics.
I love your unique style and this is no exception.
Well mixed and produced. Great effort Bob.

#535566 - 05/05/19 04:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Bob,

That is a very nice song - really enjoyed listening to this little masterpiece. Well done!

Will

#535602 - 05/06/19 02:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: musician17]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

James,

Thanks - that is very appreciated.

Bob

#535606 - 05/06/19 04:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Another good song written and performed with your own unique style.

I'm a fan!

Blue Attitude Website

#535636 - 05/06/19 08:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
And the hits just keep coming...

Love this lyric, Bob. I can't say why, but for some reason, it made me think of Steve Forbert's debut album "Alive On Arrival" - an all-time favorite of mine... (if you don't know that record, find it and have a listen - I'm pretty sure you would like it)

You are using the BAND to perfection these days to showcase your songs and your sound.

fj

#535659 - 05/06/19 10:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello Bob, this is excellent! The different elements really glue well together and a solid key signature choice too. The lyrics are quite smooth. Keep it up!

#535680 - 05/06/19 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: jannesan]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Janne,

Thanks very much.

Bob

#535686 - 05/06/19 01:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Bob,
Really cool poetry!
"In this rundown Soho dump" I have a feeling, I know exactly what you talking about smile

Your tunes got a lot of personality. This listens very well. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#535729 - 05/06/19 06:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: Jim]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Jim,

Thanks so much.

Bob

#535756 - 05/07/19 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Thanks - much appreciated.

Bob

#535775 - 05/07/19 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Excellent write!

my goodness, you're turning out monster songs

the mix and production are so good, it seems like everyone here is getting better and better at mixing

I feel like I need to step up my game

He’s trying to make some time with you
He's bowing out to avoid a crisis

I love these lines because they tell so much about

strength of character and personalities - great writing

tying in watching you from a window/bedroom is a nice dovetail

the use of the Alt-Country Moody is excellent

enjoyed,

Kenny

#535776 - 05/07/19 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

You really knocked this one out of the park - the lyrics on this are extremely memorable, and your vocal delivery enunciates them perfectly. The tune has a lot of personality, and is really memorable. As others have mentioned - the chorus on this is superb. It isn't necessarily a very catchy chorus, but it definitely hits hard.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

#535783 - 05/07/19 07:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fight Like A Girl [Re: rsdean]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"Dump" and "truck" on rhyme lines...way, way cool smile

Release after release this year of consistently great tunes...not just good but great.

"He’s trying to make some time with you
He's bowing out to avoid a crisis"

Kenny has already quoted that line but we had to also...it is power packed.

There is a "togetherness" of your vocal delivery, choice of lyric, melody and BiaB components that is very special. You've carved out your own unique place on this forum and we feel that the same thing would happen even if you were part of large Americana playlists...as you should be!

Wonderful,

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Add-ons Special ENDING! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still A LITTLE time left to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

ORDER NOW! OUR SPECIAL ENDS JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

Forum Stats
32480 Members
68 Forums
65181 Topics
552288 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
finkdrum, McG, Jean-Christophe, balayzell, Martasss

32480 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 184
Jim Fogle 152