You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#536148 - 05/09/19 02:08 PM [RealBand] Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Hey All,

I have a problem. With Real Band 2019 I cannot use registered Ik Multimedia plugins without getting white noise as if they were in demo (unregistered) mode though I have no problem in Cakewalk.

From 2014 on through 2018, I found a work around: insert an IK Multimedia plugin on an empty track and it "tricked" something (but I don't know what) so that white noise did not occur. Why this worked I have no idea. I called IK Multimedia and they said "Never heard of Real Band. Have no idea. What's that? Sorry. Can't help you there buddy! Tried Pro Tools?"

Now, in 2019, no trick works. The plugins are not being viewed as registered IK Multimedia plugins in Real Band. Support doesn't seem to know why and the question has been referred to programming. I won't spend days on this since I have Cakewalk, but just thought I would ask if anyone has had the same issue, and I was overlooking something obvious.

The plugins are 64 bit, and I have J bridge, though I assume J bridge is just ignored if you don't need it.

Thanks for any insights!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#536159 - 05/09/19 02:42 PM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

So just to be clear, the noise you are talking about is a short burst of static that consistently happens every 10 seconds or so, and it doesn't affect timing? What is a VST plugin that it happens with and what is the version of the plugin displayed in the plugin's user interface?

#536200 - 05/09/19 06:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Andrew,

Yes, burst of static. It is a 64 bit of the earlier IK stuff which is VST. I am not sure if Real Band supports VST3 but it would not recognize anything in a VST3 folder, only VST, that is why I tried this.

See screenshot.

Attachments
Prog EQ.jpg

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#536223 - 05/10/19 03:09 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Denmark
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Denmark
Have you tried to select the new Windows Audio Drivers?
I remember I had to do that to solve some white noise issues, in recording

Edited by stratos (05/10/19 03:11 AM)

#536254 - 05/10/19 08:55 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: stratos]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Hey Stratos,

No I am not installing any new drivers because everything is working perfectly with everything else and I don't want to tempt fate.

All works fine in Cakewalk. I use RB to generate tracks mostly so it is not life and death.

The only thing I have EVER had a problem with in Real Band is IK Multimedia plugins and have never had any issues with other DAWs.

Cakewalk scans for VSTs, and if you open a nonregistered VST it will tell you so. In Real Band, there is no scanning, there is a manual "add." It does not indicate that the VST is in trial mode, but if you mix down you get white noise. Only with IK Multimedia and only in Real Band. Been an issue since 2014 for me though I could find a workaround with a blank track insert until now.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#536267 - 05/10/19 11:08 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

One more question, does it happen in Band-in-a-Box (64-bit)? (With the same plugin)

#536272 - 05/10/19 11:50 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Andrew,

VERY interesting. Does not happen with BIAB.

Huh.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#536324 - 05/10/19 08:54 PM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

All my old IK stuff is good.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#536352 - 05/11/19 07:16 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

You need to get Amplitube 4 then all your plugs show IK plugs show there then you have to use jbridge.
15.6" Monitor

#536353 - 05/11/19 07:18 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Vsti that is.
15.6" Monitor

#536366 - 05/11/19 09:15 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: silvertones]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

John,

I do have Amplitube 4 and all works perfectly in Cakewalk, and as Andrew's test showed, they work in BIAB with no white noise, just Real Band is the only issue. It has always been a problem with Real Band, nothing else.

Also, I guess Real Band does not recognize VST3, because when I click "edit VSTi" and go to folders, it will recognize a .dll but not a VST3.

Thanks!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#536425 - 05/11/19 06:37 PM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
David,

VST3's are 64 bit and will not work with RealBand since it is a 32 bit application.

I've read that VST3's do not work with jBridge but I've never confirmed that statement and do not know of a reason why it they should not.

I did read however that some host applications that can work with 64 bit VSTs do not accept VST3s.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#536473 - 05/12/19 02:55 PM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: USA
FwLineberry Offline

Loc: USA
If nothing else, this discussion helped me solve a similar issue I was having with BIAB pulling in a demo version of a VSTi I was trying to use. Turns out I had both the demo and the paid version dlls in my plugin folder.

#536643 - 05/14/19 07:16 AM [RealBand] Re: Real Band Makes White Noise with Registered VSTs [Re: Jim Fogle]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Jim.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29922 Members
61 Forums
59428 Topics
501153 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jmh0912, FriarWade, Pieter Stein, tct, johne1

29922 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 223
zedd 160