You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#536797 - 05/15/19 08:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Do you use third-party loops in BIAB?
fantasyvn Offline
Apprentice

I do not get any luck with adding third-party loops to BIAB.

I have a small library of loops bought from commercial vendors like Loopmasters, Big Fish Audio.

But when I try to use the loops in BIAB, the chords do not change.

Does anyone have any experience to solve this issue, or explain this?

My sincere thanks,

#536812 - 05/15/19 10:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: fantasyvn]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You can use loops, but for them to respond to chord changes, they need to be acidized loops. Not all loops are.

Both BIAB and RealBand allow you to acidize audio files when you render them, but you would need to know the appropriate information (tempo, key, time signature, etc) to do so.

There are also utilities to do so, as well. I don't know if there are free utilities; I know there are utilities you can buy. Google will be your friend here.

LaptopBeast HP Win7Pro64, 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64, 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64, 8GB

UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/BB-RB2019/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
http://www.sus4chord.com

#536877 - 05/15/19 10:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: jford]
Loc: Eilat, Israel
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: jford
You can use loops, but for them to respond to chord changes, they need to be acidized loops. Not all loops are.

Both BIAB and RealBand allow you to acidize audio files when you render them, but you would need to know the appropriate information (tempo, key, time signature, etc) to do so.

There are also utilities to do so, as well. I don't know if there are free utilities; I know there are utilities you can buy. Google will be your friend here.

The recent updated version of the free ADSR Sample Manager just incorporated that exact feature! I've used it, and it does a remarkable job (although results vary based on a variety of sample-specific factors, ofc).

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/adsr-sample-manager/
Band-in-a-Box 2019 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

#536898 - 05/16/19 04:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
fantasyvn Offline
Apprentice

To DeaconBlues09 :

I understand that if we use ADSR Sample Manager or Loopcloud, we can ask the softwares to generate the tags for bpm, key, etc.

After the softwares finish doing this, do you mean I can just copy the loops to the Loops folder in BIAB?

My sincere thanks,

#536906 - 05/16/19 05:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: fantasyvn]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: fantasyvn
To DeaconBlues09 :

I understand that if we use ADSR Sample Manager or Loopcloud, we can ask the softwares to generate the tags for bpm, key, etc.

After the softwares finish doing this, do you mean I can just copy the loops to the Loops folder in BIAB?

My sincere thanks,

So you touch on a workflow issue that I've never encountered in BiaB for the simple (if not somewhat lamentable) fact that I would have ported over to Reaper at that point because the last thing I need is another headache at that point.

That said, you bring up a topic that is definitely something I've been meaning to explore when time frees up with work (I've got seasonal crunches in my particular field, and I'm smack in the middle of a biggie).

However, because yes, it would be very, very, awesome to try and generate RTs over various loops, and this is a potentially extremely rewarding thing to set up, here's how I would go about it.

I would load the sample manager VST/.dll within Minihost Modular into the track I want the loop(s) on and I would run a MIDI in (perhaps both a MIDI and audio in, because why not?) through ADSR on an empty track and see what happens.

Alternatively, I would tray exporting the loops through ADSR sample manager AFTER running the detect utility, and then export the whole shebang into a new folder which I would drag and drop (copy) into the C:bb/loops folder or whatever you have it set up as. I have a hunch (hope) that the "ACID/Metadata" will have adhered to the exported/processed copies of your loops.

In the event that any of that made sense (just reread what I wrote, and I'm still not sure it makes sense to me) and you feel like giving it a go, I'd love to get an update and hear how it went.

Incidentally, if you've not yet used Minihost Modular, you need to get on that stat.

The possibilities with this thing with BiaB are absolutely staggering (thanks again Pipeline, should you happen to see this!)

In fact I made a quick YT video about it which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexjietWWhc&t=29s

I
Band-in-a-Box 2019 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

#536919 - 05/16/19 06:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
So you touch on a workflow issue that I've never encountered in BiaB for the simple (if not somewhat lamentable) fact that I would have ported over to Reaper at that point because the last thing I need is another headache.

Well said... smile fact is folks try to do too much in BIAB when it is far easier to work out-side the box to get it done.
SoundCloud

#536926 - 05/16/19 07:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
fantasyvn Offline
Apprentice

Thank you so much. I am not familiar with Minihost Modular, so need time to look at it.

To clarify, I actually use BIAB to generate the desired chord sequence for the whole song. Then I will drag the files to Reaper to record vocal and mix.

I'm interested in the loops fuctions. In my imagination, if BIAB can make a new chord progression out of a slick loop from Big Fish Audio (just an example), that would be great. As you know, for loops, often you cannot change the chord progression or you can only do that in a very difficult way.

#537014 - 05/16/19 06:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: fantasyvn]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
fantasyvn,

You may find +++ THIS +++ PG Music video useful. PG Music created the video in 2014 to introduce loops to Band-in-a-Box users.

I seldom use loops in Band-in-a-Box but have played with them enough to realize certain things, the more simple the loop audio content is the better the loop works and you use percussion loops differently than instrument loops.

For example, one of the audio loops PG Music provides is an electric bass playing eighth notes. All the notes are "C" at a tempo of maybe 80 bpm. The unaltered loop is "C, C, C, C, C, C, C, C". The loop has embedded root key, tempo and length metadata that Band-in-a-Box reads so Band-in-a-Box can shrink or stretch the loop time and transpose the audio. Since the audio is one note repeated multiple times the changes sound natural. If the loop audio content was more complex, the opening guitar riff heard in The Beatles recording of "Daytripper" for example, the results would not be as pleasing to hear.

For percussion loops timing is important but you normally don't want pitch to change. Imagine the sound of a snare drum "following" a song chord progression! Weird, for sure!

Nature loops normally don't change pitch or time; they just repeat as needed.

Loops that have pitch, time or length embedded are called Acid or Acidized loops in honor of the software program where the idea was first used.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#537016 - 05/16/19 07:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: fantasyvn]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Free Acidizer.zip to run on Win10 set the Acidizer.exe > right click > Properties > Compatibility > Win7
This is the original installer but in only unpacks on XP, so the the above is unpacked standalone/portable http://www.xavierjefferson.com/acidizer/
It will add acid info to any loop/sample, these can be added to the BB Loops folder or use
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Portable-Symbolic-Link-Creator.shtml
to add any external loops folder to the Biab Loops folder.

ReaTrak will integrate Biab chords and tracks into Reaper.

#537050 - 05/17/19 05:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: fantasyvn]
fantasyvn Offline
Apprentice

The advice has been really great. Thank you so much.

#537792 - 05/23/19 12:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: Pipeline]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Free Acidizer.zip to run on Win10 set the Acidizer.exe > right click > Properties > Compatibility > Win7
This is the original installer but in only unpacks on XP, so the the above is unpacked standalone/portable http://www.xavierjefferson.com/acidizer/
It will add acid info to any loop/sample, these can be added to the BB Loops folder or use
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Portable-Symbolic-Link-Creator.shtml
to add any external loops folder to the Biab Loops folder.

ReaTrak will integrate Biab chords and tracks into Reaper.

Hi Pipeline,

This looks amazing, but when I ran it in compatibility for Windows 7 it froze on the splash screen (even tho I have 10, maybe I misunderstood your instructions?).

#537796 - 05/23/19 01:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Try another compatibility mode and try running as administrator also.

#537797 - 05/23/19 01:58 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Do you use third-party loops in BIAB? [Re: Pipeline]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Thanks, I'll try after work and post an update :-)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29762 Members
60 Forums
58793 Topics
496156 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Thunderthud, Trio, Bill12345, Eguss, F Casas

29761 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Noel96 137