You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#536261 - 05/10/19 09:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018
Loc: somewhere in outer space
w Offline
Expert

Andrew - PG Music announced @ #535005 - 05/01/19 01:49 PM that an update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018

why did my Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 not notify me regarding this update since I have it set to check for updates on a daily basis ( at startup ) ?

now that i am aware of the update my Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 does not download the update ?

am i the only one with this problem or is there something wrong with the way I am checking for updates ?

#536265 - 05/10/19 10:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: w]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
It doesn't automatically download a new build until a few days after it's release. This is intentional.

#536270 - 05/10/19 11:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
w Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
It doesn't automatically download a new build until a few days after it's release. This is intentional.

OK, that's good to know .

I just ( FRI, MAY 10, 2019 ) ran Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 and the " update " was installed .

When I launched the " updated " version there was this message regarding the application as not optimized for my Mac .

Mymacos is high sierra 10.13.6 .

Should I be updating my mac os ?

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Edited by w (05/10/19 11:50 AM)
Edit Reason: some typo errors

macOS Mojave - 10.14.6 @ Aug 16, 2019

iMac i3 3.6 GHz 8GB RAM 4K with Retina display

some examples @ sound cloud done with Mac Band and DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

#536357 - 05/11/19 07:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: w]
Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Bjorn Beskow Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
That notification is just a reminder that BIAB is a 32bit application, which will not be supported in a future version of OSX. It is displayed the first time you start a 32 bit app (since last restart of your Mac). You can safely disregard it, and wait for a 64bit version BIAB 2019 which we all hope will come real soon now ...

/Björn

#536537 - 05/13/19 07:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: Bjorn Beskow]
Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Mike Halloran Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Bjorn Beskow
That notification is just a reminder that BIAB is a 32bit application, which will not be supported in a future version of OSX. It is displayed the first time you start a 32 bit app (since last restart of your Mac). You can safely disregard it...

It should only display after an OS upgrade. Once on High Sierra; once again in Mojave.

If it's displaying after a restart, that's not right.

#538232 - 05/26/19 02:29 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: Bjorn Beskow]
Tigz Offline

I purchased BiaB 2018 for the Mac yesterday and got this message. It went away and I have not seen it since, and everything seems to work fine.

Someone posted that there should be a 2019 64 bit Mac version appearing soon. Would this be a free upgrade as I have only just purchased the 2018 version.

Tigz

#538243 - 05/26/19 06:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: Tigz]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
babarton Offline
Journeyman

Tigz,

That warning message will only display once for any given program or app. You will see it again for BIAB if there is an OS update.

As far as the "free upgrade", I think PG Music's general policy would be "NO". I think they still offer a 30-day full refund policy, so if the 2019 version was released within 30 days of your purchase, you could probably "refund" the 2018 version and purchase the 2019 version. However, they don't announce in advance when the 2019 version will be released, so you're at risk that this could be beyond your 30 day window. I would really encourage you to contact someone in sales with PG Music about this. Or else, I might suggest to play with this version for a few weeks, then return it for a refund, and wait for the 2019 version to release.

good luck

Bruce
BIAB for Mac 2018

#538263 - 05/26/19 11:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: w]
Tigz Offline

Thanks Bruce, I am impressed enough with the Pro version to consider upgrading to the MegaPak. I will hang fire on doing this until the 2019 version lands, it will probably save on an additional upgrade fee.

Tigz

#538271 - 05/26/19 12:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: w]
Mike Halloran Offline
Journeyman

Quote:
As far as the "free upgrade", I think PG Music's general policy would be "NO". I think they still offer a 30-day full refund policy, so if the 2019 version was released within 30 days of your purchase...

That's really for the Sales dept. at PG Music to decide. Best to contact them directly when the next version is released.

I have firsthand experience with this very issue and how it was resolved is not something I will post publicly.

#538355 - 05/27/19 05:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: Mike Halloran]
babarton Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran

That's really for the Sales dept. at PG Music to decide. Best to contact them directly when the next version is released.

I agree with Mike - would definitely contact sales. I've had nothing but good experience with the sales and support people with PG Music. They will deal fairly with you.
BIAB for Mac 2018

#538358 - 05/27/19 05:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 [Re: w]
Tigz Offline

The 2019 upgrade might come out tomorrow, or maybe in December. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to MegaPak now.

Band in a Box is doing everything I want, even if I don't know a fraction of what it can do yet. From my brief and often sleepless experience so far I think this can only get better as each new generation arrives. The current versions are a very long way apart from my first encounter, if memory serves me right that was on an Atari ST.

Tigz

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32624 Members
68 Forums
65562 Topics
555928 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
supervanille, Kinney Jeff, Pacus, Tocopixel, pjn

32623 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 150