Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#538324 - 05/26/19 05:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Excellent write Bud!!!

This is an incredible vivid image journey of a song

I love history, love this

Janice, well done, beautifully sang as only you can

harmonicas are cool, mix is pro

enjoyed!

#538380 - 05/27/19 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great imagery delivered by a killer voice. Really enjoyed it!

Thanks!!!

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#538401 - 05/27/19 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Bud and Janice,

This is superb! But then, that what we expect from y'all. The mix is really nice. Janice's vocals shine as always. The harmonica is a really nice touch.

Well done!

Steve

#538418 - 05/27/19 10:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Great story J&B! That harmonica really brings the listener right in! A beautiful full sound with the excellent vocal by Janice! Perfect to my ears in every respect! Thanks, Torrey

#538419 - 05/27/19 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud,

The first thing that stands out is the clarity and sound - beautiful work on the mix & production.

Janice - as usual is superb, with lovely feeling in the vocal, evocative lyrics, some masterful story telling, and also a nice album cover photo.

The harmonica sounds excellent and was a great choice for the song.

Wonderful.

Peter

Peter said almost everything that crossed my mind as I listened. Every little thing has been polished to perfection. And when Janice sing, who isn't swooned into a universe of smiles? What a great song and equally splendid delivery. WOW! Tip of the proverbial hat to all involved.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#538444 - 05/27/19 02:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
You two are pros at not only singing and production but at setting up the perfect visuals. These lyrics are outstanding and of course Janice's vocals are fantastic.

This is better than virtually all of the music on today's commercial radio!

Thanks Mario. And we appreciate you also mentioning the imagery.

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538447 - 05/27/19 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

J&B,
Power Duo! Nothing less than Amazing performance! Listens very well, with all the unusual twists. Harmonica was very good decision on this. Conventional is boring smile BTW, nice bike!

For some years I used to live in Scranton, PA. They have major train museum. If you ever go through, stop by at the center, they have some really cool trains displayed outside, including Big Boy, that you can climb, if no one is watching.

P.S. starting 2:55 a few clicks are audible.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#538450 - 05/27/19 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
\
...P.S. starting 2:55 a few clicks are audible.

Misha.

I don't have the most acute ears! But when I crank it way up on SC I do hear a click or pop. However when listening within Logic Pro X I don't hear it. Perhaps it was introduced when I bounced it down. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try replacing the SC file.

And we will respond later to your kind remarks about the song.

Bud

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538458 - 05/27/19 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I really enjoyed the story telling of the lyrics. Wonderful job.

#538477 - 05/27/19 10:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As usual, impeccable mix, and great singing. I enjoyed listening to the stories. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#538499 - 05/28/19 03:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: rayc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
It's a very clear sketch of recollections.
Almost carries the smells as well.
Excellent vocals on top of a very evocative backing.

Thanks Ray. That’s a good summation of our objectives and we’re glad it worked for you.

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538526 - 05/28/19 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! Truly outstanding. Love the slow, smoky groove on this and Janice's vocals are stunning on this one. I also loved the cinematic lyricism on this. Makes it easy to close your eyes and really feel the surroundings described.

You two should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile

#538575 - 05/28/19 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Chris37]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Janice and Bud,
Even if I don't understand each word of this song (because I'm french), I feel all the nostalgia there's in it !
Thanks for sharing this great song. Christian

Thank you Chris. We are glad that it transcended the languages!

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538636 - 05/29/19 06:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Birchwood]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janice and Bud,

Melancholic song, performed in an excellent way, or many ways; the clearness of the instruments, the beautiful voice, and the nice lyrics.
Makes you longing to yesterday...

Bye,
Hans

Thanks for listening and writing those supportive comments. We appreciate it.

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538639 - 05/29/19 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Great job.... and yeah, as others have mentioned, the mix is pristine.

A few days ago I was laying a trail for some K9 training and chose a path that took me along a section of the train tracks that bisect the local town. The tracks are still used once a day or so.... but they are rusted along the edges and the cross ties are rotting away.....

This song brings back memories as a kid, we used to live close to the tracks in our town. Trains were much more common then and the station was just a short walk from the house.

I liked this song. Well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#538735 - 05/29/19 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Tangmo]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
You'll have to forgive me for not really recognizing this "song-form". I've got nothing really to compare it to that jumps to mind more-so than 'opera'. What great little pictures laid out on the table in order, full of detail but still a little smokey.

The Band sounds right, and Janice's vocals wrap around these stellar lines punctuating the sense of loss in the telling. Unique to my ears, and a beautiful listen.

I think the form is old school pop with verses and a bridge but no chorus. But then we ended up with an odd number of bars in the verses so I don’t know what the heck it is. But we do know that we hugely appreciate your remarks. Your comments about the lyric are very meaningful to me in a confidence building way. Thank you for listening and writing such a supportive review.

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#538808 - 05/30/19 08:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Love the opening! Attention grabbing.

An excellent piece of writing. A walk through life.

The instrument choices are a perfect bed to allow the story to be told and the vocal to SHINE... which, of course, it does. Like a lighthouse beacon!! Awesome.

Top shelf through and through.

fj

#538876 - 05/31/19 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool song. I can totally relate to the lyrics in this song as I grew up about a half a block from the tracks. Lots of very dangerous adventures played in those yards. Abandoned buildings, turnarounds for the old steam engines. Stirred up some very old memories.

The backtrack and instrument selection was so perfect for the song. That harmonica boy was it cool.

Janice's voice was absolutely excellent. Such feeling. Such a nice listen. Well done....

Thank you Scott. I had friends who would jump into an open freight car and ride to the next crossing and jump out. I was never that brave - or foolish!

Glad you like the harmonica. I think it’s the first time we’ve ever used one.

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#539110 - 06/01/19 06:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud,

The first thing that stands out is the clarity and sound - beautiful work on the mix & production.

Janice - as usual is superb, with lovely feeling in the vocal, evocative lyrics, some masterful story telling, and also a nice album cover photo.

The harmonica sounds excellent and was a great choice for the song.

Wonderful.

Peter

Thank you Peter. Everything you mentioned is something we worked hard to achieve. We appreciate your thoughts very much.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I have never heard any better production on this site......such a wonderful, deep soundstage!!! The harmonica sings so sweetly, but not as sweet as Janice (AMAZING VOCAL!!!!). A really nice tale of a forgotten place, like so many these days. OUTSTANDING!!!! Take care. Greg

Wow! What to say? That is one of the best reviews we’ve received during our seven years here. Thanks so much for your support!!!

J&B

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#539119 - 06/01/19 11:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Rust On The Rails [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Really beautiful story, full of vivid imagery of the past world. Great work with harmonica - instrument which has that mournful tone needed for melancholy in this song. Excellent chord progression, especially in the bridge section. Superb mix and vocals.

Janne

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
My Favorite Things - Nudge Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Love this time saving feature.

Ever fill in the chordsheet fully or for part of song, and then discover you want to add or take away an extra beat or more somewhere in the chordsheet.

Nudge chords (melody) from the Edit Menu is your friend here, the dialog will give you all the options either to remove or add beats where its needed.

Love it.
-musiclover

To learn more about this feature, read the "Advanced Chord Entry and Editing Features" topic when you click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial & Demo - Rodney Gene Junior

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Rodney Gene Junior has shared his latest User Testimonial and Demo with us, and we LOVE it! Not only does Rodney share with the viewer his enthusiasm for our program, he also shares a few examples of how he uses Band-in-a-Box® too - make sure you check it out!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 314 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users!!! A new free patch update is available, and can be downloaded here!

Summary of Changes for build 314:
Fixed: Video RealTracks would fail to render if using macOS Catalina.
Fixed: Command+Return should be the hot-key for Options | MIDI Patch Maps, etc. | Insert current MIDI chord.
Fixed: Window | Audio Chord Wizard menu item should say "Audio Chord Wizard (Legacy Standalone)", and should not be available for macOS Catalina 10.15 or higher.
Improved: Auditioning styles, RealTracks, and RealDrums will start demo playback faster for online demos.
Improved: Help video button added to the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: In the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar, the "Auto Marking" and "Auto Analysis" checkboxes did not update after undoing.
Fixed: Clicking the [Analyze] button in the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar should warn the user if no bar lines are set.
Fixed: Launching he Audio Chord Wizard causes button hints to not show in the Audio Edit window, and it is not possible to return to the chord sheet.
Fixed: When using the Audio Chord Wizard, sometimes the hour-glass mouse cursor does not go away after analyzing chords.
Fixed: Double-clicking on a song file in the Finder to open it while Band-in-a-Box is running might cause a "Save before closing?" dialog to get stuck behind the main window.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Happy National Saxophone Day!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have 35 different RealTracks Sets available for Band-in-a-Box® that include Saxophone RealTracks !

RealTracks Set 304: Blues Shuffle Horn Section
RealTracks Set 294: Big Band "Crooner Shout" Soloist!
RealTracks Set 266: Jazz & Funk Potpourri
RealTracks Set 265: Crooner Ballad Big Band!
RealTracks Set 264: Crooner Bossa Big Band!
RealTracks Set 244: Jazz Background Horns with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 236: Cocktail Jazz Horns!
RealTracks Set 220: Flute and Saxes with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 217: Jazz Pollwinners 8 – Jazz Waltz Sax Solos
RealTracks Set 216: Jazz Pollwinners 7 – Swingin' Sax & Guitar Soloing
RealTracks Set 215: Jazz Pollwinners 6 – Sax & Guitar Soloing, Ballads & Bossas
RealTracks Set 209: Rockin' Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 207: Funky Horns
RealTracks Set 194: Jazz Pollwinners 1: Great Saxes: Phil Woods & Gary
RealTracks Set 189: Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 188: Slow Background Pop Horn Section
RealTracks Set 183: Country Soloists: Sax and More!
RealTracks Set 176: R&B Horns
RealTracks Set 175: Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
RealTracks Set 160: Jazz-Funk Movin'
RealTracks Set 145: Jazz-Funk Breezy
RealTracks Set 127: Groovin' Jazz Funk
RealTracks Set 91: Smooth Jazz - Sax Soloing
RealTracks Set 58: Jazz and Pop Waltzes
RealTracks Set 57: Jazz Swing, Laid Back
RealTracks Set 55: Fast Bebop Jazz
RealTracks Set 54: Slow Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 52: Fast Samba
RealTracks Set 51: Slow Bossas and More
RealTracks Set 32: Blues
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax

Which one is your favorite?

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Special Ends October 31st

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special ENDS TODAY!!!
Order before 11:59PM PDT to save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Forum Stats
30392 Members
62 Forums
60601 Topics
512561 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
LeroyNethan, Henryv28, Ronb, GBB Band, Martin59

30391 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 194
Noel96 177