PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Jim
Good collaboration...
A very catchy melody....
I enjoyed the listen...
Any real world truth behind the story? smile

Thanks Jim - just a quick write to fit the music no truth to the lyric.

Peter

#539174 - 06/02/19 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Peter & Leon,
A good carefree pop feel to that refrain- I like the way you build with repeats on the chorus....the highlight for me is those twin leads.

Robert

#539196 - 06/02/19 02:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Catchy song, guitar buried the vox but that can be fixed. Would like to hear a revision.

#539218 - 06/02/19 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Nice song! It could be even better if you could mix the vocal so it gets more upfront. But even if the vocals are a bit in the "mud" it is easy to hear that you have made a great song!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

#539241 - 06/03/19 02:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: floyd jane]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Leon,

A catchy tune...especially the refrain.

Good guitar stuff throughout - the outro is especially nice.

I agree that the vocal needs a bit more clarity. The vocal frequency and guitar frequencies seem to be about the same place, causing a conflict...

An enjoyable tune. Glad to see y'all back in the swing of things.

fj

Thanks floyd appreciate the comments and analysis.

Peter

#539242 - 06/03/19 02:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Greg Johnson]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun song!! A bit of the lighter side of heartache. Catchy melody and nice guitar! Also feel the vocal could come up a bit, particularly in parts. Great guitar outro!! Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg - the vocal is what you get when the guitarist does the mix!

Peter

#539384 - 06/03/19 07:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Peter and Leon,

Catchy tune, and like the lyrics. Definitely think the vocal can come more forward just a tad—but that’s an easy adjustment, and then you’ll really have something. Very listenable and engaging. Good luck with this one!

All the best,

Deej

#539400 - 06/03/19 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Ember - PG Music]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What were the previous lyrics for it? I'm super curious! But really great job with this.

Ember,
Thanks.
The lyrics are now for a new song I'm still working on.

Peter

#539401 - 06/03/19 11:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: MarioD]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I agree with Ray - the vocal seems buried, especially at the beginning. I'm listening to speakers, not headphones.

Bouncy and fun. I love the way the chorus builds at the end. I expected a fade at 2:50, but why cover up a perfectly good solo? smile

Listening on near field monitors and I agree.

The guitar parts are very good, nice playing! I also like the backing tracks. Just bring up the vocals.

Thanks Mario.

Peter

#539402 - 06/03/19 11:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Tangmo]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Sounds good. I wasn't really smitten with the lyric at first, but the overall "feel" of the song tilted me toward hearing it as an old tale of holiday love lost with enough time passed to reminisce a bit more light-heartedly. Really liked the solo on the way out.

Thanks - certainly not one of Leon's most profound lyrics just a quickie to go with the backing.

Peter

#539403 - 06/03/19 11:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: rsdean]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter / Leon,

A very cool song. I love the pacing and overall feel.

Great job guys!

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Peter

#539404 - 06/03/19 11:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Joe -PG Music]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Cool song Peter! Really dug the overall vibe on this one. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot Joe.

Peter

#539543 - 06/04/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Well Peter, I certainly enjoyed this.

Great music and a fine lyric as well.

Congrats to you both!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#539567 - 06/04/19 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: PeterF]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

Peter&Leon.

Very positive, light hearted song. Listens very well. Guitars are super!
Enjoyed it!

P.S. I read first two comments... about the vocals being buried a bit. I have very (very!) neutral headphones and it sounds good to me, but I probably agree that with slight bass coloring vocals can easily sink.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#539688 - 06/06/19 03:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Al-David]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Peter & Leon ...

Cools song ... lyric has a catchy lilt. I agree with comments on vocal being a little too soft in the mix. Nicew work by both of you! Best to you ...

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Peter

#539690 - 06/06/19 03:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Robertkc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi peterf I enjoyed my listen good arrangement good mix the vocal could come up a bit however great calab here thanks eric

Thanks a lot Eric

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter & Leon,
A good carefree pop feel to that refrain- I like the way you build with repeats on the chorus....the highlight for me is those twin leads.

Robert

Appreciate the comment on the guitars Robert.

Peter

#539691 - 06/06/19 03:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: TuneMonger]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Catchy song, guitar buried the vox but that can be fixed. Would like to hear a revision.

Thanks for the listen.

Peter

#539692 - 06/06/19 03:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Will Josef]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Nice song! It could be even better if you could mix the vocal so it gets more upfront. But even if the vocals are a bit in the "mud" it is easy to hear that you have made a great song!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks Will

Peter

#539694 - 06/06/19 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: Deej56]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Peter and Leon,

Catchy tune, and like the lyrics. Definitely think the vocal can come more forward just a tad—but that’s an easy adjustment, and then you’ll really have something. Very listenable and engaging. Good luck with this one!

All the best,

Deej

Thanks for the comments appreciated.

Peter

#539695 - 06/06/19 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: London Town [Re: David Snyder]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Well Peter, I certainly enjoyed this.

Great music and a fine lyric as well.

Congrats to you both!

Thanks David glad you liked it.

Peter

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals - An Excellent Resource!

The Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Head to our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2020 and RealBand 2018-2020!

Bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Forum Stats
32431 Members
68 Forums
65046 Topics
551120 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
narelfr, mrgoodbass, PeteJakson, rawhide, Michael M

32430 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 173
Jim Fogle 152