You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#540257 - 06/10/19 12:36 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Neutron 3 released with some free goodies
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Expert

Neutron 3 has been released with some discounted pricing. If you download a 10 day trial of Neutron 3 they give you a license for the Neutron Relay plugin and the Visual Mixer. Whilst you really need Neutron to get the best out of the Visual Mixer it is possible to put the Relay on each track and then make adjustments to your mix in the Visual Mixer.

This allows one to use whatever for EQ, Compression or whatever then use the Relay plugin to talk to the Visual Mixer which does make mixing (both panning and levels) a lot easier.

If you haven’t seen it yet check it out at Izotope.com.

I tried the Neutron 3 Advanced plugin suite and soon went back and purchased it. A couple of songs where I had difficulty getting the drums right almost instantly came a lot, lot better. (IMHO)

Tony

#540376 - 06/10/19 03:22 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

I've been determined to stick with Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 but this is sooooo tempting. smile

Bud

#540377 - 06/10/19 03:37 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ireland
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ireland
Hi
just a word of warning .If you are trialing it dont put the serial code into the Visual mixer as the mix assistant will disappear on both the visual mixer and the mothership.
If you have done this already click the gear icon on the Visual mixer and remove autherization .H

#540380 - 06/10/19 04:11 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Teunis Offline
Expert

I tried it out on a few songs that I had difficulty getting what I wanted and they did come cleaner. Particularly drums and bass came in better but in general things were cleaner sounding.

As a test I even just tried going to each track and letting the Track Enhance do its stuff. Then going through the Balance bit to set volumes and then panning the parts in the Visual Mixer. I did this with no tweaking The Tonal Balance was close straight up.

I already had Neutron 2 Advanced and also Ozone 8 Advanced. I don’t know why I bother after all this is only a hobby. But for $243 AUD (US$149) it works out fine if I use it for 100 hours. Music is not a money thing for me these days albeit I do the odd performance for folk.

Tony

Edited by Teunis (06/10/19 04:12 PM)

#540522 - 06/11/19 03:37 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

$199 for an upgrade from my Neutron 2 Adv is, IMO, absurdly high particularly given that it's same price upgrading from ANY Izotope product. Why not a better upgrade deal if you've bought ALL the previous versions.

$199 is what Logic Pro X costs for life including all future upgrades and hundred of effects, sounds and loops and any that will ever be added. Yeah it's a mega Apple product but still....

Bud

#540523 - 06/11/19 04:06 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Janice & Bud]
Teunis Offline
Expert

The upgrade from Neutron 1 or 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced is US$149. I agree it seems a lot but then the Izotope products a pricey in the first place. IMHO you get what you pay for.

Tony

#540524 - 06/11/19 04:29 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

I logged in to my account. Looked at the upgrade page and saw $199. But then I’m old so I’ll check again. smile

Bud

#540534 - 06/11/19 06:46 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Janice & Bud]
Teunis Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I logged in to my account. Looked at the upgrade page and saw $199. But then I’m old so I’ll check again. smile

Bud

The pricing is not that clear but it is there somewhere. When I looked again I could not find it. Plugin Boutique has it on their page.

Unless they have withdrawn it.

Edit. See
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/21-Channel-Strip/5421-Neutron-3-Advanced-Upgrade-from-Neutron-1-2-Advanced

Tony

Edited by Teunis (06/11/19 10:10 PM)

#540547 - 06/12/19 02:26 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I see the $149 price here under my iZotope account. It's about halfway down the page "Neutron 3 Advanced: Upgrade from Neutron 1-2 Advanced".

I haven't decided yet if I'll get it. I used Neutron 2 Advanced quite a bit when I first got it, but now I mostly just use the EQ module along with the Tonal Balance Control, often only the Tonal Balance Control.

Blue Attitude Website

#540571 - 06/12/19 05:12 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies [Re: Teunis]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Thanks Dave and Tony. I was looking at the upgrade from the regular version...my bad.

I use the masking feature and the grand piano preset...that’s about it. Even with Ozone 8 adv I’m down to only using a couple of modules primarily the imager and maximizer. The CLA suite sounds good to me and is so easy to use and doesn’t require adding in a reverb. FWIW.

Bud

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017

Three years ago we were just rounding up our BETA testers to help finish up the testing of our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

With that version, we redesigned the main screen GUI, added support for popular .SFZ sound format as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds (sforzando SFZ Synth.), added Natural Arrangements options and Hi-Q Guitar RealCharts, applied many, many, many enhancements to the existing powerful program features, and more! Read all about Band-in-a-Box® 2017 here.

Now, three years later, we're thrilled to say that we're already done BETA testing, and weeks into the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac release! Of course, that means we're having a SALE on Upgrade packages, but only until April 30th!

Band-in-a-Box® - Trombone RealTracks!

Happy National Trombone Players Day!

To all the trombone players out there - this is a day to celebrate you (no joke...)! Not a trombone player? Good news - if you have the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition, you have a two AMAZING trombone players in your band already!

Dennis Esson:
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland – Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists

Ian McDougall:
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad

Welcome to the Team David!

We are thrilled to say that we've added David to our Customer Service Team here at PG Music!

You may have already noticed him - he's already made his appearance here on the Forums, chiming in with assistance and User Showcase Song Feedback.

Welcome to the team David!

Updated Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

If you're looking for a Band-in-a-Box® Style in the feel of a familiar/popular song title, then the Song Titles Browser option in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker is the perfect feature for you!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we’ve added 3,400 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now 14,000 titles to search from!

Just type in a familiar song title or artist name - once you have found the song, press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button. This will take you to the StylePicker window with styles that best match the tempo, feel, and genre of the selected song title.

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Learn more about the different features of the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker here.

SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

Forum Stats
31562 Members
65 Forums
63299 Topics
535685 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AxioMusic, jwpeng, stroxel58, inagaddadavida, Josdo

31562 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 225